Table fails to load in Popper, loads fine from VPX

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Axilla
    Participant
      @subdisturb

At some point (not exactly sure when), the Addams Family table fails to load when launching from Popper.  I can run it just fine directly from VPX, just not Popper.  I think this is the only table I’m having an issue with.  I am using the alt sound with the table, VPX is 10.6, Popper updated to 1.4.4.  I’m not sure where to begin seeing as this seems to be the only table with the issue and plays fine from the standalone VPX.  Any suggestions?

Friffy1
      Participant
        @friffy1

What does happen?

Are you sure you have the filename correct in the menu?

Axilla
        Participant
          @subdisturb

What does happen?

Are you sure you have the filename correct in the menu?

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for the delayed response, I’ve been battling the flu all week.

Yes, the file name is correct.  When I try to launch it from Popper, it tries to load for about 60 seconds (I’m assuming there’s a 60 second time-out in case of failures before Popper gives up) and then Popper disappears and I can see my desktop again, minus the task bar.  If I try to alt-tab back to Popper, nothing happens.  But, if I open the start menu with the Windows key and then escape that, then Popper reappears back at the select game menu.

I’m baffled by this because the table does launch fine from VPX and I don’t have this issue with any other tables in Popper.

Friffy1
          Participant
            @friffy1

I don’t see how it would cause this problem, but what happens if you don’t use alt sound mode in Popper?

Axilla
            Participant
              @subdisturb

Sorry for the late reply Friffy1.

I’ve tried both ways, with alt sound and without, same result. I’ve tried removing the table from my game list and readding it, same result.  At this point, I’m completely out of ideas and am going to call it quits on this for now.  It’s the only table I have issues with, so I’ll just launch directly from VPX when I feel like playing.  Thank you for your responses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?