The Last Dragon VPX PuPPack

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Gramps
    Participant
      @gramps

How do I handle the fact that The Last Dragon and Back to the Future want to use the same pup pack folder?  I would think that I would have to rename the pup pack folder, but wouldn’t I have to change something in the script to make it look for that pup pack?

Never mind.  I was going to look at the youtube instruction, was interrupted and forgot to go back and look at it

junktape
      Participant
        @junktape

So here’s the thing – a lot of folks seem to be having trouble with the table – you say to use the one that came out on the 30th but I can’t seem to find any that came out on that date.  Did you mean the 13th????    If so, everyone may need to make sure they are using that table.   If not, I’ll probably end up editing/removing this post.   But if there IS a Last Dragon VPX that was released on the 30th could someone please point me to the link?   (Better yet, pls link in the description or install tab?)

Thank you for this AMAZING pup this is one of the best movies, so deserving of a table — the tone of this movie was genuine and over the top at the same time.  Just so many fun memories.   Appreciate your table!

That's all folks!

junktape
        Participant
          @junktape

Hi Gramps!  Wondering if you were successful in setting up this table and its pup pack.

I have two other versions of Back to the Future in my VPXAlias, one for the BTTF Pup pack and one without.

Meanwhile I’ve downloaded this Last Dragon table, which points to a bttf_a27l rom file and pup.

I’ve updated the music files and rom, I’ve installed the pup pack.   …But when I try to run this table I am told it can’t find the bttfa27l rom.

I’ve tried various things — I’m hopelessly stuck.   I can get the pup to work if I point the table script to a regular bttf_a27 rom, but of course it has the back to the future dmd display and sounds.

Were you able to get things working?   Is anyone else having trouble with the bttf_a27l rom in their PINMAME folder being recognized?

Pls and Thx

That's all folks!

hawkeyez88
          Participant
            @hawkeyez88

Hi Gramps! Wondering if you were successful in setting up this table and its pup pack.

I have two other versions of Back to the Future in my VPXAlias, one for the BTTF Pup pack and one without.

Meanwhile I’ve downloaded this Last Dragon table, which points to a bttf_a27l rom file and pup.

I’ve updated the music files and rom, I’ve installed the pup pack. …But when I try to run this table I am told it can’t find the bttfa27l rom.

I’ve tried various things — I’m hopelessly stuck. I can get the pup to work if I point the table script to a regular bttf_a27 rom, but of course it has the back to the future dmd display and sounds.

Were you able to get things working? Is anyone else having trouble with the bttf_a27l rom in their PINMAME folder being recognized?

Pls and Thx

Did you put the line bttf_a27l,bttf_a27 in your vpmalias.txt file?

hawkeyez88
            Participant
              @hawkeyez88

So here’s the thing – a lot of folks seem to be having trouble with the table – you say to use the one that came out on the 30th but I can’t seem to find any that came out on that date. Did you mean the 13th???? If so, everyone may need to make sure they are using that table. If not, I’ll probably end up editing/removing this post. But if there IS a Last Dragon VPX that was released on the 30th could someone please point me to the link? (Better yet, pls link in the description or install tab?)

Thank you for this AMAZING pup this is one of the best movies, so deserving of a table — the tone of this movie was genuine and over the top at the same time. Just so many fun memories. Appreciate your table!

Check the installation tab now. The table was released April 30th.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Gramps
              Participant
                @gramps

Hi Gramps! Wondering if you were successful in setting up this table and its pup pack.
                Were you able to get things working? Is anyone else having trouble with the bttf_a27l rom in their PINMAME folder being recognized?

Pls and Thx

Not yet Junktape, but I haven’t done the vpmalias yet.  I kept screwing up, but it was late and I just gave up and went to bed.  That’s what worked for me the last time and I imagine it will work this time.  Good luck and please let us know.

Gramps
                Participant
                  @gramps

OK, I couldn’t wait.  junktape, I added the line to my vpmalias file like hawkeyez88 suggested and it worked perfectly.

FANTASTIC job, hawkeyesz88.  Loving your revamped pup packs!  Thank you!

junktape
                  Participant
                    @junktape

and it worked perfectly.

Hello all!   Thanks for updating Hawkeye — got the right table, adjusted the alias and the table is running!   Only thing I wanted to do is make sure I’ve got my settings right.   In the F1 menu I currently have external DMD selected – I’m getting the Back to the Future text and score – its under my PUP but until I or someone else makes a 2-screen pup overlay that will have to do.    Just wanted to make sure there was no customized version of the rom without the Back to the Future text.

I also have both the “use sounds” and “use samples” checkboxes selected – want to make sure that besides the PUP audio I am hearing the intended sounds.

Thanks again for this fantastic table everything Berry Gordy touched belongs in a time capsule and is so fun.  Hope more people discover this movie through the VPX!

That's all folks!

hawkeyez88
                    Participant
                      @hawkeyez88

and it worked perfectly.

Hello all! Thanks for updating Hawkeye — got the right table, adjusted the alias and the table is running! Only thing I wanted to do is make sure I’ve got my settings right. In the F1 menu I currently have external DMD selected – I’m getting the Back to the Future text and score – its under my PUP but until I or someone else makes a 2-screen pup overlay that will have to do. Just wanted to make sure there was no customized version of the rom without the Back to the Future text.

I also have both the “use sounds” and “use samples” checkboxes selected – want to make sure that besides the PUP audio I am hearing the intended sounds.

Thanks again for this fantastic table everything Berry Gordy touched belongs in a time capsule and is so fun. Hope more people discover this movie through the VPX!

Yeah sounds like you have it all right. The rom sounds were never “deleted” so you’ll see and hear the BTTF stuff. Kind of the “issue” with the reskin tables, but they’re still fun!

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?