The Phantom of the Opera(Data East1990)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Bigus1
    Participant
      @bigus1

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=137158

I had a real one of these for 8 years. Great work from the creator!

Fixed ball getting stuck and some lights, graphics

Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

“Great work from the creator”

Thanks for the contributions but you should be citing authors/contributors in credits from previous builds especially if you are just modding the tables not just ‘great work from creator’.  I assume you got permission from all previous authors to mod these tables.

3dcreation

Bigus1
        Participant
          @bigus1

I’m just trying to provide people with tables that work and don’t gobble balls in the middle of your best game ever. I don’t give a stuff about receiving credit and I believe the tables were free to mod.  Anyway, I thought I added details below, but if not – Great work from the creator! and feel free to enjoy the busted version

rgarriott
          Participant
            @rgarriott

I’m just trying to provide people with tables that work and don’t gobble balls in the middle of your best game ever. I don’t give a stuff about receiving credit and I believe the tables were free to mod.  Anyway, I thought I added details below, but if not – Great work from the creator! and feel free to enjoy the busted version

Dude we get that you dont care about getting credit for the mods that you do. But others who have put lots of time into making the initial table and fine tuning the physics, lighting, ramps and who knows what else, because my non computer savvy brain doesn’t really comprehend this stuff very well, deserve  some recognition.  Its a respect thing ya know.

I dont know you or anyone else on the pinball forums, but I respect and appreciate all your guys time and work you put into a table.  Your work looks to be pretty good so far and looking forward to seeing more but id hate to see you blackballed or something just cause you could give 2 sh!ts about giving some cudos to where cudos should be given.

Thats all.

Continuing on.

Bigus1
            Participant
              @bigus1

It’s cool. I’m really new to all of this. Haven’t got a clue really. I’m not commited enough to take flak when I’m trying to figure this shit out on 2 different websites and had stuff-all response to messages, so please be kind – I’m not deliberately doing anything to offend. I’ve uploaded a dozen tables here and the other site and I’m bound to have stuffed something up.

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

@32assassin

@DCrosby
                – I think is the main contact on the project at this point. Sounds like he’d be happy to have some more bugs resolved. He’s active at vpforums.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5563-the-phantom-of-the-opera-data-east-1990/?tab=changelog

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

Bro, you are putting a lot of work into these tables.  We all appreciate it.  Now take just as much effort into your write ups.  That’s all that these guys are saying.  That was politely put to you by @randr when you released volcano.  My first table was a mod to @32assassin Totem table and the first line was, thanks to 32Assassin for letting me mod his table.   It’s not hard, your going to get better responses from people if you just do that 1 little thing.  Great work btw

roccodimarco
                  Participant
                    @roccodimarco

Im with everyone else.  I did a mod of Jps Street fighter to get it even closer to the real table (his was a custom mod).  It was free to mod without approval, but I still sent him a PM asking him if it was ok to upload, or if he would just want to upload my work on his table page, and he wrote back saying no problems, just upload my table.  And after I uploaded that table, someone (I’m sorry I forget who) sent me a pm saying he was working on the table, and took my table and added his changes (which made it even better than mine to be honest) and said, just attach it to your table.

I don’t think you step on toes deliberately, shit happens, I stepped on someones toes a few months ago over a backglass at the other site, and it was a total misunderstanding.  So don’t sweat it too much, appreciate the work you are putting into the hobby, the more creators we have the better!

Also, if you need an example, here is my Alive! table that was pretty much a mod of an Aspen table (free to mod).  This is how I went about thanking everyone, and had no problems from the community.  I’m a big fan of listing all creators on the right (I go back as far as vp8 tables if need be.)

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13537

Bigus1
                    Participant
                      @bigus1

Thanks for the sentiment. I aim to do it right. I’m just uneducated at the moment. Anyway, 3am in Oz and the other site published all 12 tables just now.

See what tomorrow brings

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

Btw this is the ONLY pinball site B-)

DCrosby
                        Participant
                          @dcrosby

@Bigus1

I don’t mind you making it better, The issue I’d have is that the table was released 4-6 weeks ago, and I may have had some enhancements in the works, (I don’t) but if I had, it may have been a royal PITA to merge my changes with yours, so I see it as a courtesy to the last author to say “Hey I have some ideas / changes, are you done / cool with this”?

I didn’t need to “Learn” that, if you look around for a while the VP Community is almost an “Oasis of the internet”. Unlike the rest of the net, where trolling, and self-serving rule the roost. this is a very easy-going generous crowd (See Scotty Wic).

Take a sec, breathe, and treat people like you would your favorite uncle, be polite, hand out candy, and ask little more than a please, and thanks, and you’ll be alright.

Bigus1
                          Participant
                            @bigus1

I’m sincerely sorry for all the trouble I have caused. I fully respect and enjoy your talent.

I just couldn’t remember which versions of what that I downloaded or where they came from.  I had never imagined becoming a contributor. I didn’t have the skills 6 months ago. I was having the most epic  game on your table and it gobbled my ball and game over – no Grand Champion :( – so,  I fixed it.  It was a great learning experience.

I genuinely thought it was free to mod, and I know little about the etiquette, or version numbering, or a whole  bunch of stuff,  it would seem.

I thought a mod was where you add toys and LED lights and stuff. I didn’t think bug fixes counted – but, apparently, that’s the case.

Thinking I should get another hobby….

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

I think your talent here would be a good thing. But I’m confused about your approach.  Seems a tad reckless.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?