Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    astrozombie138
    Participant
    @astrozombie138

The Shadow is one of my favorite tables, but I hate the Baldwin Backglass. Has anyone made an alternate backglass. I’ve scoured the vpin sites and come up empty. I know they exist in physical form, just can’t locate one in the virtual pins world. Something like these are 1,000x better than Alec on display. If there isn’t one floating around out there, I think there should be….hint, hint.

291fd30a9dca676d19c06d53ab768f165e08bfeas-l1600the-shadow-alternate-translite_1

Wildman
    Participant
    @wildman

I pick #2  :good:

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

Up-converted with GPAI and rendered out in PS.  I’m done with what I can do.

Link.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

3 users thanked author for this post.
    outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

Differently number 2 looks the best

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

I’d been using a low-rez version of #1 – but thanks @brandonlaw !!  Just made a new one with #2.  Very nice!!

The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

For me, my preference is #1. Yeah, the gargoyles and the layout of the backglass for #2 fits more a pinball backglass but some of the design is weird.  For example, it looks like the 1st gun is not sized appropriately considering it’s behind The Shadow (frankly it looks like a copy/paste of the other hand gun mounted behind the character via an obvious photoshop layer).   I love the minimalistic approach of the 1st backglass with the non-typical pinball layout but I agree this very reason is probably why most would prefer the other.

Hmmm, so I went to Pinside and checked out the backglass and of course it makes sense that I like #1, It’s an Aurich backglass!  Big fan of his work (his Helen Backglass is awesome and I had bought his Stern Star Trek alt backglass package).  For those who do not know, WAYYYYY back in the day, Aurich had experimented a bit with VP (like really a LONG time ago!).  We dialogued a bit back then and in fact he released art assets of his Helen Backglass so that the VP community could benefit of it (he had also worked with Herweh on the awesome Scared Stiff db2s).

I haven’t messaged him in a long time, he may not remember be aside from being a customer of his ST alt backglass but it doesn’t hurt to ask so I’ll do so. Wish me luck!

vogliadicane
    Participant
    @vogliadicane

agree with The Loafer, I love the first one, too. Found some mediocer resolution (seems like) draft from aurich. Upscaled it with imglarger.com

First time I did that and I’m baffeled, not too shabby in quality, I think (2400×2400):

attaching the image made it smaller….

Here again:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alb15rCwgHxXkqxUAToyaULEBTa8uw?e=Izjotv

Detail comparison:

PS vs AI

4 users thanked author for this post.
    JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

That looks great @vogliadicane !  Back to #1!

The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

I am floored on how good a job the AI upscaling does

vogliadicane
    Participant
    @vogliadicane

Got on making a B2S.

Here is my first attempt on lighting this one up (in Photoshop):

1 user thanked author for this post.
    JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

@theloafer  Thanks for the heads-up on the Herweh/Aurich SS BG.  Had not been using that one.

Wildman
    Participant
    @wildman

I still take #2 .. Will take half naked or full naked chicks on my backglass any day B-)   LOL……

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Ha!  My eyes were also drawn to the side-boob shot…until Loafer ruined it for me by pointing out how odd that gun looks.

astrozombie138
    Participant
    @astrozombie138

I’ve been at work all day and come home to find some awesome stuff happening. You guys are great! I’m definitely a fan of the first  image I uploaded, there are a ton of different versions out there.

astrozombie138
    Participant
    @astrozombie138

@jfr1 would you mind sharing your file?

naeromagus
    Participant
    @naeromagus

I really like #1 ever since I saw it out in the wild last year I I think on a really nice example. Would like to have this as a b2s  if anyone would share their work with me :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

WOW!  Just got home myself and loaded the static b2s I made from @vogliadicane image.  If he used the same source pic I did…cripes, amazing upscale!  Looks like he’s working on something with a little light activity but here’s my file to get you by for a while @astrozombie138 .  Looks fantastic even static.  You are using Skitso’s table right?

Shadowfile

astrozombie138
    Participant
    @astrozombie138

Thanks @jfr1, I’ll try it out. Yeah, using Skitso’s table. It’s the best one I’ve found, he does some great work.

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Slightly off topic but related – – I watched a couple Wildman tutorials about making BG’s on youtube the other day.  Looks like the key to his magic over all these years, is to pop open a beer about every ten minutes.  Love that!!

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

This blew up and I have no clue where it’s at, but I just processed this out in the same manner, but cleaned it up much more and properly 16:9’d it.  It’s almost vectorized lol.  (Don’t download this image, use the link…just a SS to show which b2s just in case google brought their ass here)

Link for B2s Number 1.

sdfasdf

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW