The Walking Dead PRO Physmod5 WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    gtxjoe
    Participant
      @gtxjoe

I know ICP and fren are working on the VPX version. Here is the original Physmod 5 proof of concept/WIP to tide you over until it the VPX release is ready.

https://goo.gl/0CjSxA

This is a Physmod 5 table by freneticanmesic and gtxjoe. You need the TWD PRO rom. LE rom not supported

Disclaimer:
      This WIP is over a year old with some minor tweaks here and there along the way. It was created when the only resources available were the initial news coverage photos, so no fancy re-drawn playfield/plastics here. Just some good fun game play :)

Tip: Learn to nudge. Enjoy. B-)

ROM DETAILS:
      Download version 1.56 from http://www.sternpinball.com/games/the-walking-dead/pro
      Put the twd156.bin file in a zipfile called twd_156.zip and place in the vpinmame\roms folder
      If you get game name not found, download an updated version of SAM vpinmame.dll as support for the TWD 156 rom was only added in december 2015

Pinball Shawn
      Participant
        @pinballshawn

Thank you much sir!! I think we’re all excited about the VPX release, but this is definitely a great treat!

gtxjoe
        Participant
          @gtxjoe

Lets see how I can post an image on this forum

Attachments:
          kurt mueller
          Participant
            @karlzon18

Thank you, where to find the rom for this great work :good:

Brtlkat
            Participant
              @brtlkat

Great Table. Is there a new vpinmame im not seeing twd_156 in the setup test in vpinmame. I get it to load with twd_141 but has no sound. Thanks

Brtlkat
              Participant
                @brtlkat

Thank you, where to find the rom for this great work :good:

The rom is at sterns site

Pinball Shawn
                Participant
                  @pinballshawn

The game looks and plays very nice! I didn’t have a lot of time to really give it a go tonight, but tomorrow we’ll give it a good run. Thanks again.

really
                  Participant
                    @st3rn

Oh, Hell Yeah, THANK YOU!

Paulo Carvalho
                    Participant
                      @paulohotline

Thanks guys for releasing this PM5 release, plays awesome!

Here are Cleland’s new links for The Walking Dead sound replacement code for ver 1.56.
                      Enjoy this great game!

Pro
                      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156_CLELAND.BIN

This is the rom that was injected with voice actors from the show, a thumping opening soundtrack and closing montage. It adds quite a bit to the game and is the bin I use on my real TWD Pro. Works great with this release pinheads! Just download, rename as twd_156, zip and put in your rom directory.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                      http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                      "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

PinBill
                      Participant
                        @pinbill

Awesome! This is my most favorite pin of all time and I’ve been waiting forever for it to come to VP. This one is playing perfectly. It’s just as brutally hard as in real life. Now I need to go get the Cleland rom next… Thank you to everyone involved to make my dreams come true.

Brtlkat
                        Participant
                          @brtlkat

Anyone have the latest vpinmame dll, I don’t see twd_156 in the list I have in vpmame. The highest is like twd_141. Thanks

Brtlkat
                          Participant
                            @brtlkat

Found it guys thanks. Plays Great :yahoo:

PinBill
                            Participant
                              @pinbill

I changed my DMD to red and uploaded the Cleland ROM. Tomorrow I’ll add the Woodbury sign mod, and a few other things. This is fantastic. The new rom sounds so much better than Stern’s does. I highly recommend it.

Tom Tower
                              Spectator
                                @tomtower
                                vip

What are names of bin and rar file that i have to use?
                                thanks

pinnyboy
                                Participant
                                  @pinnyboy

:yahoo: THX heaps gtxjoe and other authors :yahoo:
                                  I think this it Tom
                                  http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-the-walking-dead-le

Tom Tower
                                  Spectator
                                    @tomtower
                                    vip

Working with original pro version twd_156, not H, not LE, perfect!!

pinnyboy
                                    Participant
                                      @pinnyboy

Yes sorry I was wrong :(

Paulo Carvalho
                                      Participant
                                        @paulohotline

Hey pinheads, if you want to check out this awesome WIP TWD Pro on your desktop for a quick game, here are some quick and dirty Desktop setting I used. Just load the table, click backdrop and make these changes. Save as a different file. Play virtual pinball!

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                                        http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                                        "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

gtxjoe
                                        Participant
                                          @gtxjoe

Walking Dead Pro ROM DETAILS (LE and Premium rom not supported)

– Download version 1.56 from http://www.sternpinball.com/games/the-walking-dead/pro
                                          – Put the twd156.bin file in a zipfile called twd_156.zip and place in the vpinmame\roms folder
                                          – If you get game name not found, download an updated version of SAM vpinmame.dll as support for the TWD 156 rom was only added in december 2015

Chapel
                                          Participant
                                            @chapel78

Has anyone been able to get Paul’s modified rom to work, yet? Downloaded the file, unblocked the file, renamed the bin file to twd_156 and even tried twd156 (just like the original rom from stern), put it in a zip file named twd_156.zip, but keep getting errors when testing it (there are CRC and/or length errors – is the message when testing the rom). I can get the original stern rom to work and have the latest SAM pinmame file. Sure it’s something simple I’m not doing but not sure what at this point. Thanks for any responses. And major props for releasing this and letting us try out this table gtxjoe. :yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 75 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?