The Walking Dead PRO Physmod5 WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Paulo Carvalho
    Participant
      @paulohotline

Here is the modified cleland twd_156 rom uploaded right from my cab so it has been tested as working!

https://mega.nz/#!ydYUTC7b!x55KKNc1RxNpgx53jiPXd8ZWwMeCN4wsz5r3Pbw3_uU

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
      http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
      "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

CarnyPriest
      Participant
        @carnypriest

Probably just need to check Ignore ROM CRC errors under VPM game settings.

really
        Participant
          @st3rn

gtxjoe, Thanks again for TWD. It plays just like the real pin, drains like the real pin and I want to throw a bar stool at my pc monitor, just like the real pin. I know ICP and fren are making a VPX version, but this is so much better being physmod5. Not that fren didn’t do an amazing job with Metallica (the table that I’ve wanted forever), but I like physmod5, it plays more like a real pin, IMO. Physmod5, when someone knows what they are doing with it as far as programming, feels more like a real ball, it adds weight to the ball and makes for better gameplay overall than the VP10/VPX tables. The graphics may not be top notch (not bad though, plus it’s better than not having the table at all) but it’s the first table on here that’s got me a little head! (LOL)

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

vp10 uses the same physics engine as pm5 so it sounds like I didn’t do a good job on metallica right

Punch it!

freneticamnesic
              @freneticamnesic
              vipModeratorMember

glad you got some head though high five!

Punch it!

mike
              Participant
                @spiggi

nice work but man is this pin savage!

ICPjuggla
                  @icpjuggla
                  MembervipModerator

I had a comment about really’s post but decided not to post it b/c of my moderator responsibilities. Man I’m getting soft on the forums lately! lol

really
                  Participant
                    @st3rn

Doors open, little head, never mind. Seriously, VP10 is the same as physmod5? Physmod5, if someone doesn’t do it right the ball goes in a square pattern. The ball on all VP10 tables is just a little wonky. I wouldn’t say anything bad about a table, not the Metallica one anyway, but in physmod5 the ball just feels heavy, like there is actual gravity. Working less ICP?, you seem calm.

gtxjoe
                    Participant
                      @gtxjoe

Enjoy this PM5 table, but I fully expect that the TWD VP10 version to be much better than this release.

These tables are only possible because of the work by all the authors in the scene. I can’t take all the credit. There are others that worked on this table. I am just the one that posted it.

The table can be brutal but it is addictive. Here is a good rundown of the TWD ruleset. http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

I mean there’s additions to VP10 physics but everything done in PM5 is possible in VP10 – ball heaviness etc. You can make the ball as dense as the darkest matters in VP10 actually and it could drag along like an anchor in the sand. My feelings aren’t hurt it’s good to see what tables everyone thinks play the best. I know a LOT of people think this TWD is very true to the real pin so it’s not like you’re speaking heresy. It’s hard to emulate that from table to table. You can copy the properties over to a new one but such minor differences in the way it’s built can really mess everything up. For example with Metallica, the playfield image isn’t 100% straight, and it’s crazy how a slight variation in the placement of a post or rubber can change how the game plays. Like the back hand of the right flipper to the right ramp, for example…. On TWD I think it’s very good but when I focus on making the ball too “real” – heavier? – I get this weird feeling that’s not really describable. If you’ve ever jumped on a trampoline and then walked around, that’s a similar feeling. You feel like you’re underwater kind of floating. With VP, there’s such a fine line in the way the ball feels, that when I make it feel just a little heavier, my brain and eyes are trying to correct what I think the ball should do, it’s entirely mental but when the ball is wrong it’s really disorienting. Then I try to correct it or adjust it and over-correct and get tunnel vision, it would be so much easier with the pin next to me, instead I have to rely most of the time on feedback from others. For that reason I think I’ve become a little familiar with the way the ball feels on most tables, and just learn to live with it I guess

Punch it!

really
                        Participant
                          @st3rn

I understand and I wouldn’t even mess with physics, it would drive me nuts. TWD is the best physmod5 table so far IMO and second would be Hook but on Hook you have to adjust the slope or you can’t get up the ramps. Then there is Pinball Arcade, the physics in PA drive me insane; bounce bounce bounce bounce, my god. Anyway, it seems like a lot of hard work. I forgot, my third choice would be The Simpsons, physmod5.

Pinball Shawn
                          Participant
                            @pinballshawn

I work on pinball machines for a living, but I play mostly VP at my place (weird, I know) and I’ve found that if you play a lot of VP your brain will eventually start to adjust on the fly. So if the ball is a little too heavy or light, or the gravity is a little too strong or weak, we can adjust and not notice it.
                            That’s why I have a pro player test my games when I’m done tweeking them. He hates video pinball (as he calls it) and I’ve found he absolutely cannot adjust if the physics are off, he’s spent years and year of his life learning how to do minute movements. I’ll watch him miss the same shot over and over and get frustrated, then I’ll ask him what’s wrong, “I’m aiming here, but it’s hitting there!” he’ll say. That allows me to adjust things to his sweet spot, which is the real sweet spot. He knows if the ball is too light, or if the flipper power is too low. Personally, I find it hard to tell anymore. VP10 has a great feeling and I’ve found I have to adjust things less than any other version so far. The main problem I’ve found on games is hitting shots off a fast roll, meaning the ball is rolling fast down the lane to the flipper and I just punch it. Fren’s games feel about the best in the respect. Some of the games like Robocop or this Walking Dead, I find very difficult to hit a ramp off a fast roll, but I can do it on a real machine over and over without thinking about it. It’s a fine line to tune flippers, I’ve yet to figure out how to adjust for this.

really
                            Participant
                              @st3rn

I know what you are saying about the rebound/lane/flipper physics and also about the aim. I’ve been playing real pins since 1978 but real world/natural physics will never be like VP/FP/PA/calculated physics, no matter how good people get at messing with the software. Also, I don’t know why I choose TWD physics over Metallica (nothing wrong with Metallica), it’s just that I like the heavier ball.

senseless
                              Participant
                                @senseless

Awesome table! Thanks for sharing this peace of work. It plays very well and would like to mention that also my daughter is really happy with this one :).

The modified cleland twd_156 rom works fine when playing the table, during the test it gives me an error and VP990 stops working. As long as it works during playing I don’t see any issues with that.

Pinbolt
                                Participant
                                  @pinbolt

Thank you gtxjoe for this great horror Table. Played as desktop and I like the table.

really
                                  Participant
                                    @st3rn

I want to know who was on the design team for TWD and decided that the first ball launch should go straight down the drain? Would you like to Dropbox your DT version? Mine gets all distorted if not windowed.

rocknroll
                                    Participant
                                      @rocknroll

I made this in desktop too if anyone wants it. (Don’t know how to put an image on here so I dropboxed the image.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcjfnc74pcksug6/walking%20dead%20vpinball.png?dl=0

Here’s the actual dt table dropbox file on it. Everything should work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqhw74cq3nj7n9j/TWD%20%28STERN%202014%29%20Physmod5.vpt?dl=0

Hopefully i did this right this is my first time doing it!!

Pinbolt
                                      Participant
                                        @pinbolt

I got the go for my desktop upload.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/a4dmwkb2rx4u7lf/TWD_DT_PM5_V1.1.zip

Big thanks goes to gtxjoe and freneticamnesic for made this fantastic TWD table.

regards

pinbolt

really
                                        Participant
                                          @st3rn

Thanks You rocknroll and Thank You Pinbolt, LOL so many TWD tables to play. Anyone want to give an opinion on the NEW Hobbit table? You can view it on Youtube. To me it looks awful, a mix of Stern’s boring LOTR table and Williams Medieval Madness pinball. Personally I don’t really care about all of the things on the DMD. I can’t watch the DMD and play the table at the same time. I guess it can’t be any worse than Stern’s, Game of Thrones table, that is a complete POS.

Mike
                                          Participant
                                            @mike21878

This might be only on my virtual cab, but it seems that when I run TWD, the ball runs very slowly to the flippers, but takes off like a shot once I flip. Tested my other tables and it seems to be just TWD. Any one else having this problem?

Table looks and sounds amazing, thanks for all the great work you’ve all put into it :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 75 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?