The Way of the Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Conehead
    Participant
      @conehead

Thanks for your comment, but you’re probably mixing me up with someone who knows what they’re doing.  I haven’t written any tables (yet) and Ivantba deserves all the credit on this one.  I just created the pack for it. :-)

Gramps
      Participant
        @gramps

Impressive for somebody who has only been at it for 6 months.  I’ve been here for a year and I can’t do that !  Keep it up and thanks.  Running on 2 monitor desktop.  Seems to be working just fine.

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

not too bad for a WIP/first try at a pup-pack….I tried it out and it does work, so that’s a good start :)

some advice/tips:

1>  only use pup screens 11-19 for ‘virtual’ pup screens.  You are using pup10.  won’t be too much of an issue but better to use the ‘standard’.

2> need to learn to use rest seconds and/or priority.  So that a simple press of enter key doesn’t change videos sub-1 second.  So for example,  you can put restseconds = 3 on a trigger so that it doesn’t repeat.  Also,  with priority you normally use ‘skipsameprty’ instead of ‘normal’ play action so that they don’t interrupt each other.

3> before release,  run the ‘standardize’ media batch file.  Only takes a minute or two to run (just one batch file).  This got your 191 Mb to 81 MB size for puppack.  https://nailbuster.com/uploads/PuPStandard_or_Resize.zip

4> some of your media has black bars on side, others didn’t.  you want to make sure all your ‘backdrops’ in videos are identical to look seamless.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Conehead
          Participant
            @conehead

Thanks for the feedback and tips.  Much appreciated and it’s encouraging!  I also understood what you said so that’s progress in itself.

junktape
            Participant
              @junktape

Thank you for this pup pack, I love it!!!   Unfortunately I only have a two screen setup — do you plan on making a version with a window in the overlay where I can display my DMD?   Thx!

That's all folks!

jejevpinball
              Participant
                @jejevpinball

Thank You.
                Just a remark : the variable vpmhidden in the table script don’t work !
                Update the following line :

.Hidden = vpmhidden

Conehead
                Participant
                  @conehead

You can customize your pinup player layout per table, in conjunction with your PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat file, thus allowing you space on your monitor where you can place your DMD, if I’m understanding your question correctly?

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Conehead.
                  Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

@nailbuster, @conehead, appreciate both of you guys.  I made 1 pup pack and learned very quickly, it wasn’t my thing.  Takes a very special person with patience to make these things.  Conehead keep up the good work and nailbuster your the man!

clinto69
                    Participant
                      @clinto69

Can anyone help out locating the required rom?

Conehead
                      Participant
                        @conehead

https://wowroms.com/en/roms/mame/sinbad-clone/106584.html

clinto69
                        Participant
                          @clinto69

I’m having trouble getting the table working with or without the puppack. Table loads, backglass image loads, no dmd? (Im running 2 screen setup). If i hit the plunger button on my cab the video loads. If i hit it again it goes back to the backglass image. No matter how many coins i drop in, I dont get a ball?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by clinto69.
                          Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

So, it is not a pup pack issue. But, you are still asking the question in the pup thread ? I recommend that you find the table, read the support thread and see if there is anything suggesting what the problem might be. Often, tables do act up on the first run, due to lack of nvram.

mdienstl
                            Participant
                              @mdienstl

Hi,

Does anyone have a wheel image?

Martin

Conehead
                              Participant
                                @conehead

No, but I can make one if you want.  Any suggestions for the image to use?

Conehead
                                Participant
                                  @conehead

My mistake, there IS a wheel available.  Apologies.

wheel

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?