Time to Update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gilrock
    Participant
      @gilrock

I’ve been away from the forums for the few years so I’ve been catching up with what’s new the last week.  Just discovered this site today and I remember chatting with randr years ago about BAM IR glasses.

I own a Time Warp table and I authored an FP and VP version around 2014 using photos and sounds from my machine.  Now I want to see if I can update it for VPX and make any other improvements.  It doesn’t have any special toys so I don’t know if it would benefit from any new primitives.  I’ve been reading as many threads as I can find about how to create 3D assets because I’d like to learn that skill.  I’m curious what software most designers use.  Besides Blender I don’t see anything that’s under $1,000.

You may find this funny I know I did.  When I created my VP version of Time Warp I couldn’t find a way to include banana flippers.  I was told I could get something that looked like them but the physics wouldn’t interact with the curve.  While I was away I see someone updated my table to add banana flippers.   I had it marked to ask permission and I was never asked but not a big deal since I wasn’t there posting in long time.  But I just downloaded to table today to see how those changes looked and the banana flippers don’t look accurate compared to my table but it appears you could get a really high score with them.

Attachments:
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Lol! Yeah I’d call that banana blocking flippers :)

welcome to the site btw :good:

if your a Mac user cheetah3d is only $100 and works great very easy learning curve. Blender is also great but steeper learning curve and it’s free. Windows 10 comes with a 3D program and to be honest is not that bad for basic things

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Seems your google skills improved over night

Welcome !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?