Tom & Jerry (PuP-Pack, VPX)

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

You are saying – The problem is the puppack plays with all those games and if you remove the puppack it still plays with all those games
      Use a separate roms for Tom&Jerry and Bubba
      https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/pinball-machine-roms/

Or You can use this
      http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_optional

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Your front-end has the ability to run things pre and post of the table loading. What do you think it is that makes it see those pup packs ? A folder name.

What about renaming that folder from eg. _disabled_romname to romname pre and post loading ? Should work.

Shamous
        Participant
          @shamous

Thanks Nailbuster. This pup pack is a riot. I can’t stop smiling when I play it. My kids love it too. “TOUCHÉ PUSSYCAT!”  And  thanks to Watacaractr the Author of the table too.  What an awesome job

elvinu
          Participant
            @elvinu

For single screen users that launch with the PinUpMenu frontend:

This table was really hard for me to get to work.  I wanted the backglass (Tom and Jerry.directb2s) to reappear whenever a video finished and it wasn’t happening.  Furthermore, the video wasn’t reappearing (whenever a ball is launched) though the overlay was.

I saw how the table should work with “Mame In a Box’s” YT Vid: Tom and Jerry PuP (VPX)

I know I’m supposed to keep the pup files intact and just edit the bat file.  Or at the most, set Topper to ForceOn, but this didn’t fix my issues.

I then realized this table is similar to Wizard of Oz in that the backglass returns after videos. I then copied a setting from Wizard’s screens.pup (mainly added the “Backglass-No Videos!” as the second line), made a few other adjustments to the screens.pup (specified an overlay and added the LooneyClips folder to a new screen), and I finally got it to work.

Here’s my settings; hope it works for you:

screens.pup:
            ScreenNum,ScreenDes,PlayList,PlayFile,Loopit,Active,Priority,CustomPos
            0,Topper,Topper,”Tom And Jerry-1.m4v”,,ForceOn,,
            6,”Backglass-No Videos!”,,,,ForceBack,,
            2,Backglass,PuPOverlays,tomjerryFrame2.png,,ForcePop,,”99,27.9,30.3,33.6,46.4″
            7,Other1/BackGlass2,LooneyClips,,,ForcePop,,
            1,DMD,,,,ForceOn,,”99,32.1,36.3,29.4,42.1″
            3,PlayField,,,,off,,”99,26,24,34.9,48.7″
            4,”Music”,””,””,,off,,””
            5,”Menu”,””,””,,off,,””
            8,”Other2/Topper2″,””,””,,off,,””
            9,”GameInfo”,””,””,,off,,””
            10,”GameHelp”,””,””,,off,,””

pupinit.bat
            start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” 0 2 0
            start “” pupwinpos.exe “Form1” -1 2 0
            start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 2 1

Thank you NailBuster, TattGuy, Watacaractr for the pup-pack to this table!

LordBeric
            Participant
              @lordberic

hi, when my upper right flipper hit the ball (and only in this case), playing video stop. restart when ball is lost

hur13y
              Participant
                @hur13y

I had to edit the PuP-Pack to get the Topper to show on my full screen DMD (3rd screen 15.6″ monitor) by setting it to ForceOn. The issue I am seeing though is the DMD appears to be showing in the correct location under the Topper on this 3rd screen but it appears to have the right side of the DMD cut off…some of the text is not showing. I confirmed the DMD section is fitting inside the monitor edges and is not cut off due to that. Is there something I am missing in my settings? I am using Freezy 1.8.0 if that helps.

outhere
                  @outhere

I had to edit the PuP-Pack to get the Topper to show on my full screen DMD (3rd screen 15.6″ monitor) by setting it to ForceOn. The issue I am seeing though is the DMD appears to be showing in the correct location under the Topper on this 3rd screen but it appears to have the right side of the DMD cut off…some of the text is not showing. I confirmed the DMD section is fitting inside the monitor edges and is not cut off due to that. Is there something I am missing in my settings? I am using Freezy 1.8.0 if that helps.

With that game you do not use Freezy
                  Hit F1 and uncheck both DMD’s
                  3 screen setup
                  https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/3-screen-set-up-and-more/

hur13y
                  Participant
                    @hur13y

3 screen setup

Thank you for the link.

I have read and reread the posts and links from the post and I think I am still missing something to get my 3rd screen showing the PUPPack topper and a proper scoring pane. I tried to edit the Table script to change the value Hidden = 0 to Hidden = 1, compiled the script, reran the table and it still showed the problem DMD score view. It definitely has some of the DMD text cut off on the right side. I know you mentioned this table has no DMD so not sure how the 3rd screen is supposed to look or What screen the scoring information should reside.

F1A9715D-6234-4FE0-BA49-466C2BE4CEAA

In watching Major Frenchy’s YouTube video of this PUPPack It shows his cabinet showing the same issue with cut off DMD characters. Apparently in the game it uses 20 characters across the screen and Freezy DMD is limited to 16 so characters are dropped.

i know you mention not to use Freezy on this table and I have tried to disable it but then I get no scoring displayed on the 3rd screen or anywhere else.

Rafael Tetsuo
                    Participant
                      @rafaeltetsuo

NailBuster, thank you for that.
                      This table deserves something like that.
                      I use 2 screens and I’ve put the dmd to show in the lower part of the backglass, but I doesn’t show when the videos pop up. Still awesome to play anyways.
                      Thanks a lot man! :good:

outhere
                        @outhere

NailBuster, thank you for that.
                        This table deserves something like that.
                        I use 2 screens and I’ve put the dmd to show in the lower part of the backglass, but I doesn’t show when the videos pop up. Still awesome to play anyways.
                        Thanks a lot man! :good:

Try this —  https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/mandalorian-puppack/#post-178391

darthwhat
                        Participant
                          @darthwhat

Hey guys,

How do I get the directb2s to play nicely with the puppack? see attached screen shot, this is how it shows when I don’t touch the puppack and leave as is. It doesnt show the videos and just shows some of the backglass.  If I change the puppack to force on the backglass I can see the videos but when they are finished playing its just a black screen TV, the directb2s hides behind the pup backglass. Any ideas?

AndyMcDandyCDN
                          Participant
                            @andymcdandycdn

3 screen setup

Thank you for the link.

I have read and reread the posts and links from the post and I think I am still missing something to get my 3rd screen showing the PUPPack topper and a proper scoring pane. I tried to edit the Table script to change the value Hidden = 0 to Hidden = 1, compiled the script, reran the table and it still showed the problem DMD score view. It definitely has some of the DMD text cut off on the right side. I know you mentioned this table has no DMD so not sure how the 3rd screen is supposed to look or What screen the scoring information should reside.

F1A9715D-6234-4FE0-BA49-466C2BE4CEAA

In watching Major Frenchy’s YouTube video of this PUPPack It shows his cabinet showing the same issue with cut off DMD characters. Apparently in the game it uses 20 characters across the screen and Freezy DMD is limited to 16 so characters are dropped.

i know you mention not to use Freezy on this table and I have tried to disable it but then I get no scoring displayed on the 3rd screen or anywhere else.

Hello,

Did you ever find a solution to this?

hur13y
                            Participant
                              @hur13y

The way I got it to work was to use the PupPack, make sure my DMD and Topper settings were properly set on  full screen DMD monitor. I hit F1 with the table loaded and made sure to uncheck both DMD options listed. I also made sure the B2S backglass settings had nothing set to Hidden, although I am not sure that actually did anything. Then I also have a table specific  .res file with my table .vpx and .directb2s file that has my resolutions of my 3 monitors set per the 3 screen setup info (which I agree is very confusing to understand for a newbie): https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/3-screen-set-up-and-more/ My Tom and Jerry .res file contains the following values based on my monitor setup

• 4K playfield
                              • 1080P backglass
                              • 1080P full DMD
                              0Hope this helps you out - it was really frustrating and I am still not 100% clear why things work but good luck.
                              • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by hur13y.
                              Neythen
                              Participant
                                @neythen

Everything is going great, only now and then my PUP pack goes out completely, 10 seconds later it comes back :cry:

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?