Transformers: PuP-Pack preview! Much more than meets the eye!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Here it is…the first video preview of my new Transformers PuP-Pack!

So far it has 229 different videos on 6 different PuP Screens with an Overlay image. It uses over 200 PuPCapture images monitoring the DMD to trigger the videos using newer features of Pinup Player 1.3.6.

This was a mountain of work that took a good 3 weeks to (almost) finish. (still more to do) The bottom “Text” area is sized perfectly for a DMD for those who need to have their DMD on the backglass screen…so this should work for everyone.

I used the Ball Controller to show as many videos as quickly as I could…and it still was over 35 mins!

There is something new through almost the entire video as the videos will be different if you choose Autobots or Decepticons. The backglass animations on the different PuP screens will also change depending on what you choose.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

I cannot fathom the amount of hours you put into this.  We all appreciate your efforts and I’m REALLY looking forward to this.

Cameron
        Participant
          @cameron

Yeah this is looking really great! Thanks for doing this!!!!

TerryRed
            @terryred

I asked Tarcisio Caleiro if he could make his excellent Bumblebee Topper video (modded from an excellent T2 video) work as a Decepticon as well. So he did, and I was going to add them as optional Toppers….but I thought, why not try something even cooler! Choose your EYES!

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Wow. That’s impressive stuff terry! Very cool and a lot of work I’m sure. Thanks

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

KiwiBri
              Participant
                @kiwibri

I am drooling!!  Now that I have PuP all set up and working (Thanks again for the fast help)  I’ve actually never played the transformer table before, so this is going to be fun.

GeorgeH
                Participant
                  @georgeh

Terry,

I am truely amazed!  …So I presume for every game event you produced a video for Decepticon and Autobot.

George

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Terry,

I am truely amazed! …So I presume for every game event you produced a video for Decepticon and Autobot.

George

I matched every event that the game has.

For Optimus and Megatron they each have 3 different modes for Autobot and Decepticon all with different videos. Those were half the videos almost!

The other Transformers have the same videos no matter what you choose.

There are 19…yes 19 different modes, and they all have their own unique videos…it nuts!

KiwiBri
                    Participant
                      @kiwibri

I see a movie marathon happening this weekend :)

TerryRed
                        @terryred

I see a movie marathon happening this weekend :)

It’s all I’ve seen for 3 weeks.   :P

bartzenegger
                        Participant
                          @bnelson4kc-rr-com

Terry ! Don’t know what to say ! That is some impressive work ! Thanks for the time and dedication.

Bart

TerryRed
                            @terryred

I always hated the crappy quality of the original sounds in most pinball games that used digital samples and music (90’s and on). Its one of the reasons why I like the FP versions with OST music because the sound is soooo much better.

Since this is a SAM table you can’t use Pinsound. Your only option is to try to replace the original sounds and music using Pinball Browser (you can’t turn down or disable just the music with SAM using just VPX or pinmame). The only problem there is that you are limited to the same time length for the sounds, and also crappy mono 22000Hz sound.

Well I’ve been working away at my Transformers PuP-Pack, and decided to try something I always wanted to try. Replacing all the music with OST music similar to the FP version. So how to do this?

I used Pinball Browser to “mute” all the music tracks in the game’s rom (thank for the idea DJRobX). Then I used my PuP-Pack to play OST music for every track in the game. Completely controlled by using the PuPCapture images for starting a game, starting different modes, ending different modes and going back to the main music, etc.. It works PERFECT and sounds amazing. I can’t go back to the original music anymore.

This is obviously limited by the table itself and what it shows during gameplay to do the controlling of the music. In the case of Stern they do a great job of this and most of the SAM tables would be similar.

My plan was to release Transformers PuP-Pack (still working on it) with the “option” of using my modded “muted” rom and the “option” of using OST music. Its also possible to have a music only PuP-Pack.

I planned on doing the OST music for all other movie based Stern games where possible as well using PuP-Packs. Since Tron and Avatar already have a PuP-Pack…half the work is already done.

Thanks to SLAMT1LT for the inspiration, and also the great resource of the FP version, where I got some of the music from. (but not all).

I also plan on making the PuP-Pack for his FP mod of Rom’s table as well (but no need for music there).

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

So how big of a download are we talking for a table being ~ 36M in size ?

I seriously need to consider getting me a bigger HD … soon.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

So how big of a download are we talking for a table being ~ 36M in size ?

I seriously need to consider getting me a bigger HD … soon.

I can’t give a final answer yet…but considering I was able to get Scotty’s Stranger Things SE down from over 2GB to under 600MB with no loss of quality…I can’t see this PuP-Pack that much bigger. I wait until I’m basically done before converting down to a smaller size.

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

Ok.  Sounds good. Thank you very much for shaving off 1.2G for me btw :)

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Here is a new preview video of my Transformers PuP-Pack…but now with all new high quality stereo music from the OST of the movies! This is not cruddy mono SAM sound from the rom…this is all new music files played from Pinup-Player controlled completely by gameplay events. Let’s call them PuP-Tracks!

I show many of the modes quickly so you can hear a lot of the music.

You also get to see “Battle For Cybertron”. The final game mode. I have a good 19 videos just for that mode, but you only see some of them in the video.

Featuring:

-new OST music for every mode (a lot)
                                    -your choice (Autobot or Decepticon) will determine the main mode’s music that will play (one player only)
                                    -Autobots and Decepticon’s main mode music will also change with every new game!
                                    -OST music is totally optional
                                    -I have a special track at the end (for High Score) just for Randy Walker!

I made this work by using Pinball Browser to “mute” all the music files in the table’s rom. Sam sound is limited to mono 24000Hz quality…so these PuP-Tracks are a complete game changer for SAM tables that was only previously possible in the Future Pinball versions.

To use these PuP-Tracks, you will need to use my “muted” custom rom.

You can always turn down the table’s VPX sound if you want the PuP-Pack’s music louder.

This PuP-Pack will REQUIRE an even newer update (possibly 1.3.7 beta) to Pinup Player that will be made available.

This PuP-Pack should be available soon. I’m currently converting it down to a smaller size from the current….yup…. 3GB+ that it is right now! Since I was able to convert Stranger Things: SE from 2.5 GB down to 600MB….I’m hoping I can do similar with this Pup-Pack!

Enjoy the video!

Heavily inspired (and a few music files borrowed) from Rom and SLAMT1LT’s excellent FP version.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Your frikkin nutz!

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Now imagine guys…all these other SAM tables…they can also have their music replaced with high quality PuP-Tracks as well!

You don’t have to have videos in a pup-pack! So even this Transformers Pack can be made into a PuP-Tracks only Pack! So imagine ACDC, Metallica, Avatar, Tron, Iron Man, etc all with waaaay better music!

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Sooooo.currently, it’s looking like it will be just under 1GB with 3 full movie trailers included. (These are for attract mode, so you can remove some or all of them if you want) Take those away and it’s around 800MB.

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

I willingly sacrifice hard disk space for your contribution, its the least I could do

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?