Tron Legacy (Stern 2011) (PUP-Pack Edition 1.5) (SSF, Lightmod 1.2)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Tron Legacy (Stern 2011) (PUP-Pack Edition 1.5) (SSF, Lightmod 1.2)

This table is an updated version of my original PuP Edition mod. This update is specifically made to take advantage of PinUP Player’s new PuPCapture feature that can trigger videos based on real-time monitoring of the table’s DMD images. As a result I was able to add alot more videos for more modes than I could before (such as End of Line MB, and Sea of Simulation) A brief video demo of the table can be seen in this video towards the end at about 8:26.

To be able to use the new PuPCapture feature, I needed to replace all of the original PuP commands with DOF Exx commands. Therefor there are NO PuP commands in the table at all. However, my original code meant to work with PuP is still used. The only difference is it now uses the new DOF Exx commands in order to work with the new PuP-Pak (Videos) I created.

The PuP-Pack specifically created for this table can be found here:

Tron Legacy (Stern 2011) (PUP-Pack, VPX 1.5, BG, Topper)

Requirements:

You MUST have DMDext 1.6 installed, and then PinUP Player 1.20+ installed in order to use the required PuPCapture function that this table uses.

For PuPCapture to work correctly for this table, you will need to have your DMD colour for this table (in VPinMAME) set to:

Red: 77

Green: 125

Blue: 255

Tron Legacy (Stern) PinUp Player Pack (BackGlass and Topper)

System:  Visual Pinball Player (version 10.4+)

PuP-Pack:
      All Video, Media and Artwork by TerryRed
      PuP-Pack Editor & PuPCapture files by TerryRed

Installation:

Ensure there are no files in your PUPVideostrn_174h folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack (trn_174h) folder into your PUPVideos folder.

(example: C:Visual PinballTablesPinUpPlayerPUPVideostrn_174h).

Background Videos:

Backglass:  Enabled by default

Topper   :  Enabled by default

(note background settings are configurable by using PinUPPackEditor.exe)

Installation Notes:

The Backglass has a default setting to enable a looping Background Backglass video.  You can remove your existing Tron Legacy.directb2s file as it is not needed. (and won’t be seen while using this PuP-Pack)

The Topper has a default setting to enable a looping Background Topper Video.  If you are using your own Topper Video (through Pinball X) you should either disable the Topper Background video (using PinUPPackEditor), or replace it with your own video.

This PuP-Pack is designed for people with Backglass and Toppers.

If you do not have a Topper screen, you do not need to use the PuP Topper if you don’t want to. You can disable this just for this table only using the PinUPPackEditor.

Tron Legacy (Stern 2011) (PUP-Pack Edition 1.5, SSF, Lightmod 1.2)

PinUp Player PuP-Pack Edition mod : TerryRed

PinUP Player PuP-Pack: TerryRed

PinUp Player created by: NailBuster

VPX table created by: ICPJuggla, freneticamnesic (original FP to VPX conversion).

Dozer: Light Mod: V1.2: Reworked ramp light pipe reflections and recognizer sweep shadow. Fixed desktop mode element alignment. Fixed desktop mode shadow placement and movement

RustyCardores: Surround sound mod, new sounds added (where there were none)

DJRobX: Updated physics and code to bring table inline with VPX 10.4 routines. ROM-controlled GI and PWM flasher support. Prettier Ball.

HauntFreaks: File size optimization

Other credits: Rom and GLXB (original FP table version), SLAMT1LT (Ultimate Edition FP version, and inspiration for this table mod)

PinUp Player is a program that lets you play any video file on your Backglass, Topper, DMD, or any other screen using VLC media player. These videos can be controlled through the table’s script, switches, triggers, lights, B2S calls, or PuPCapture DMD image monitoring.

Since this is a rom based table. I have no access or control over any of the game code or actions. I literally made A LOT of new code specifically for PUP that works based on only triggers / switches from the game, and the playfield lights and neon ramp colour logic. It’s a miracle I was able to pull this off, as this works with most MB modes, as well as the jackpots,etc all having unique videos with titles,etc.

I hope you enjoy this new evolution for VP!

Thanks again to the original table authors for their amazing work!

PLEASE read all of the instructions for important info related to PuP setup and this table.

TerryRed
        @terryred

To clarify guys…the PuP-Pack (Videos for this table) is now located in the PuP-Pack section.

Johngreve
        Participant
          @johngreve

Hello,

I have the first Tron PuP table working and I love it. I just downloaded the new table for the PuPpack as well as downloaded the new video pack and tried it but all that is displayed on the BG is the BG, no videos.I’m wondering if I have the required DMDext1.6 file that is required? Is the DMDext1.6 file required for the original table as well? I suspect not and am wondering where to get this file? Can someone provide a link? Thank you.

TerryRed
            @terryred

Hello, I have the first Tron PuP table working and I love it. I just downloaded the new table for the PuPpack as well as downloaded the new video pack and tried it but all that is displayed on the BG is the BG, no videos.I’m wondering if I have the required DMDext1.6 file that is required? Is the DMDext1.6 file required for the original table as well? I suspect not and am wondering where to get this file? Can someone provide a link? Thank you.

The links and instructions are in the install instructions file with PinUP Player Installer download.  Please read those instructions first and follow what they say. You need DMDext 1.6 installed in VPinMAME (nowhere else) first….THEN you need to Install PinUP Player.   You also need to have use external DLL enabled for this table in PinMAME settings.

DMDext 1.6:

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

1 user thanked author for this post.
            AlanH
            Participant
              @afhartman

Have a question that I hope I can get some guidance.   I was updating my pincab after about 3 months (a lot has happened in that time).   I installed the PUP player and it is reporting everything is okay.   However, when I try to kick off the table, it loads that table for about 2-3 seconds and then crashes VPX.   I’m at the latest VPX 10.5 beta and the 3.1 version of VPINMame.   I went into the script and set the “has PUP” to be false to try to help debug.  I get the same behavior.

I can load and play the other Tron Legacy 4K table just fine.   It uses the same ROM so that should eliminate that as a cause.   I haven’t had any trouble with other tables, only this one and this version/development.   I’ve gone back and tried other versions in this table’s history (I think) and they seem to crash the same way.

I’ve downloaded some of the other PUP-Packs and they seem to work as expected.

Can someone validate that with the latest VPX beta and SAM beta, that this table works?   I’m assuming something on my system is causing the issue, but I’m at a loss for where to start looking.   The VPX crash files don’t seem to do anything for me.   I just want to get a confirmation that I’m not looking at a VPX change that is causing an issue.

Thanks for any help/pointers.

Alan

TerryRed
                @terryred

Have a question that I hope I can get some guidance. I was updating my pincab after about 3 months (a lot has happened in that time). I installed the PUP player and it is reporting everything is okay. However, when I try to kick off the table, it loads that table for about 2-3 seconds and then crashes VPX. I’m at the latest VPX 10.5 beta and the 3.1 version of VPINMame. I went into the script and set the “has PUP” to be false to try to help debug. I get the same behavior.

I can load and play the other Tron Legacy 4K table just fine. It uses the same ROM so that should eliminate that as a cause. I haven’t had any trouble with other tables, only this one and this version/development. I’ve gone back and tried other versions in this table’s history (I think) and they seem to crash the same way.

I’ve downloaded some of the other PUP-Packs and they seem to work as expected.

Can someone validate that with the latest VPX beta and SAM beta, that this table works? I’m assuming something on my system is causing the issue, but I’m at a loss for where to start looking. The VPX crash files don’t seem to do anything for me. I just want to get a confirmation that I’m not looking at a VPX change that is causing an issue.

Thanks for any help/pointers.

Alan

Works fine here with all latest updates,etc…

Try running regedit and going here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\trn_174h

Change the at91jit  from 1 to 0 if it isn’t already set to that. See if that helps.

AlanH
                Participant
                  @afhartman

Thanks.  That seems to do the trick.   May need to redownload and start over since I’ve been trying so much, but the game doesn’t seem to be locking any more.

I’ll have to do some research on that setting.  I remember seeing it mentioned at times in various threads, but never had ran into a problem before.

Thanks again,

Alan

Lovehammer
                  Participant
                    @lovehammer

Hi Terry, thanks for all your work on this, and on the addressable LED wizardry you do. Your posts inspired/enabled me to wire up a WS2811 matrix for my mini cab. I’m a huge fan. And now this extravaganza. It’s beyond impressive, so thanks again.

I’m running a 4:3 backglass monitor with the DMD placed along the bottom. What I wanted to do with this table is to have the regular BS2 display as the backglass, and have the video clips pop up and play over it. I’ve had a look through the docs and the script, but can’t seem to figure out how to disable the provided PinUp backglass. Is such a thing possible?

Cheers

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Hi Terry, thanks for all your work on this, and on the addressable LED wizardry you do. Your posts inspired/enabled me to wire up a WS2811 matrix for my mini cab. I’m a huge fan. And now this extravaganza. It’s beyond impressive, so thanks again. I’m running a 4:3 backglass monitor with the DMD placed along the bottom. What I wanted to do with this table is to have the regular BS2 display as the backglass, and have the video clips pop up and play over it. I’ve had a look through the docs and the script, but can’t seem to figure out how to disable the provided PinUp backglass. Is such a thing possible? Cheers

With the newer updates to PinUP Player coming out, the way the new layering works, you “may” no longer be able to have your directb2s work with PuP “behind” the videos. This is part of why I had only a PuP background showing. So you wont really be able to have your own b2s backglass working with the new updates coming out.

I have an all-new Tron PuP-Pack coming soon that will work with every Tron table (except for PuP-Edition based tables). I will release an updated version of this table that will have none of my PuP code, and will work with the new PuP-Pack properly.

Lovehammer
                      Participant
                        @lovehammer

Ok, no worries, and thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the new release. Cheers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?