Tron Legacy (Stern Ultimate) DOFLinx: MX PuP SSF

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tron-legacy-stern-ultimate-doflinx-mx-pup-ssf/

The Grid’s most awesome addressable leds and HD PinUP Player videos make for Light Cycle ramp effects, Light Jet Cannons, Explosions and the coolest de-resolution effects you have ever seen in a real pinball cabinet! Now updated to support the newest PuP-Pack with new videos and SSF (surround sound feedback). A Future Pinball first!

All Video, Media, Artwork, and PuP-Pack files by TerryRed

Video preview:

===============================

Requirements:

Tron Legacy (Stern Ultimate) FP PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, SSF).

This is the only PuP-Pack that will work with this table!

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=93462

B2S Server 1.3.0.2 or higher installed (required for DOF).

If you don’t have VPX or B2s Server at all, I’d recommend installing the VPX All in One Installer to setup VPX, B2S Server, etc easily (even if you don’t want VPX). Install to default locations. Just make sure when it asks if you are using a 2nd screen for Backglass, you say YES! That is needed to install and enable B2S Server, even if you are not a cabinet user. Then download and update to B2S Server 1.3.0.2 afterward.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vpx-installer-10-4-0/

B2s Server 1.3.0.2:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

DOF R3++(required for DOFLinx). Use mjr’s easy to use Installer:

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/dll-updates.html

DOFLinx 6.31 or higher (to trigger PinUp Player videos and SSF). Must be setup for your system:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12318

Make sure you have copied the newest DOFLinx.vbs file into your Future Pinball – Scripts folder!

PinUP System installed and updated to 1.3.4 or greater.  Required for PuP-Pack. 

(Pinup Popper front end gets installed but is NOT required) PinUP Player needs to be setup for your system.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/

PinUp System updates:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

=======================

Installation:

Copy:

Tron Legacy (Stern) (Ultimate 1.01) (p2.7) (DOFLinx MX PuP SSF).fpt  (table file)

Tron Legacy (Stern) (Ultimate 1.01) (p2.7) (DOFLinx MX PuP SSF).xml” (physics file for BAM)

into your “Future Pinball – Tables” folder.

=======================

Desktop Users:

Desktop users can use this table with the PuP-Pack as long as:

-they have setup all the required software noted above

-positioned the PuP Backglass and Topper screens in a good location

-are using Future Pinball in windowed mode

-or have setup a Forced Borderless Windowed Mode (not supported natively by FP) using a program like “Windowed Borderless Gaming”. This is required because Future Pinball’s FULLSCREEN mode will stay on top and cover up the PuP Video Windows.

How to force Future Pinball to use a Borderless Windowed Mode to allow use of PuP-Packs (Required for Desktop users ONLY!)

Setup Future Pinball in a windowed mode. Then use the registry (regedit) to change your windowed mode’s width and height to the exact resolution you want:

Computer HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Future Pinball GamePlayer

Do not use the FP Editor to change video settings after this, or your FP windowed resolution may get reset again. Now download and install Windowed Borderless Gaming. (Google it if you need to)

http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/

Configure that program to work with Future Pinball. Once setup, you simply let this program run in the background. When Future Pinball is detected and brought into focus, it will have its window forced into a Borderless Window, allowing the PuP Video Windows to display over top of the Future Pinball window.

====================

How to Use with Desktop:

Once you have everything installed and setup… DOFLinx should be running in the background first (as Admin)! Then load Future Pinball, then load your table and start right away as DOFLinx will try to connect with FP as soon as its detected. DOFLinx will timeout after a certain amount of time (configured in DOFLinx.ini) if the table isn’t completely loaded, started, and the FP Link isn’t established yet.

After the table completely loads and starts, the table will look like it is isn’t working because its not lit up. This is normal for this specific table. Wait at least a good 15 seconds at this point to be sure DOFLinx has made the connection to FP (Important for the PuP-Pack).

Then when you press the START button, the table should come alive and then you should be seeing the PuP-Pack video windows for Backglass and Topper (if enabled) come on.

Now you are ready to play!

When you exit the game, exit FP completely so DOFLinx will close the Link to FP and also close the PuP-Pack.

How to Use with a Cabinet:

Once you have everything installed and setup… DOFLinx should always be running in the background (as Admin)! Launch the table using your front end (like Popper or PBX). DOFLinx will will detect FP, and try to establish a link with it.  DOFLinx will timeout after a certain amount of time (configured in DOFLinx.ini) if the table isn’t completely loaded, started, and the FP Link isn’t established yet.

After the table completely loads and starts, the table will look like it is isn’t working because its not lit up. This is normal for this specific table. Wait at least a good 15 seconds at this point to be sure DOFLinx has made the connection to FP.

Then when you press the START button, the table should come alive and then you should be seeing the PuP-Pack video windows for Backglass and Topper (if enabled) come on.

Now you are ready to play!

When you exit the game back to your front end, DOFLinx with detect FP has closed and will close the Link to FP and also close the PuP-Pack.

========================================

This table has complete DOFLinx cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

– 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..

– 5 RGB flashers

– Blower Fan

– Shaker

– Gear motor

– Strobe

– Beacon

– Start button

– Coin button

– Launch Ball button

– RGB Undercab Lighting

– Addressable Leds

4 users thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

Video preview of the PuP-Pack and cabinet lighting in my cabinet:

Enjoy guys!

If you don’t have any interest in the PuP-Pack, but still want cabinet feedback, then download the older DOFLinx MX version that’s also here on VPinball. This new table only adds support for PUP Videos and PuP SSF.

TerryRed
          @terryred

To anyone who tried this and the table kept crashing… I’ve fixed the bug (too much text on loading screen, silly bug), and the new file is now available to download.

Thank you.

Zagatto
          Participant
            @zagatto

My buddy just got a real Tron Legacy pinball machine and has given me permission to make any non-permanent mods to it that I want. I’d love to set up these videos as a topper or on a side monitor for the real game.

Maybe my Google-Fu has grown weak but I haven’t been able to find any documentation about using PUP with a real pinball machine. Are there connectors that we can use in a modern Stern machine to trigger videos from the backglass? Maybe a Pi3 server (or micro-Windows machine) to handle the videos and respond to any signals coming from the machine?

I’d love to get this working with the real game in some capacity. If anyone has attempted it before, that would be an awesome starting place. If not, I’ll start digging into to see what I can figure out and post updates.
            I’m sure there’s a better place to ask this but I haven’t been able to find it. Any direction would be welcome.

TerryRed
              @terryred

For anyone who wants to use this table with my FP PuP-Pack, but doesn’t have any DOF lighting or feedback in a cabinet,etc…

I have included a DOFLinx.ini file you can use that will only enable what is needed for DOFLinx to work with this pup-pack and not use any cabinet hardware.

Simply install DOFLinx in your “c:\DirectOutput” folder (assuming you wisely installed DOF there), and copy my included DOFLinx.ini file to where your DOFinx.exe file is. Be sure windows hasn’t blocked any DOFLinx files!

Don’t forget to copy the DOFLinx.vbs file to your “FuturePinball\Scripts” folder!

Then make sure DOFLinx.exe is Run as Admin!

Run DOFLinx FIRST. As soon as FP is run, DOFLinx will start to scan for the DOFLinx LINK to communicate with the FP table’s code. So load this Tron table and run it right away!

Once the table is loaded completely, after a moment the table script will establish a LINK with DOFLinx.

You MUST wait a good 15 secs before touching ANY controls to be sure the LINK between DOFLinx and the table has been completely established.

Then after 15 secs, press START…if everything is working, you should see the PuP-Pack start up!

When exiting the table….close FP completely so DOFLinx can close the LINK and also close the PuP-Pack.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?