Trouble recording Future Pinball Playfield

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GrooveSync
    Participant
      @groovesync

Hi All, I am having a frustrating problem when i try to record the play field for Future Pinball tables. I have set everything up as per Nailbusters instructions to use GPU and am running the NVIDIA shadowplay, however when i press my dedicated record button i get an overlay which i am pretty sure comes from NVIDIA which shows 2 lines of yellow text at the top and another graphic on the right hand side it appears to be the same overlay that is shown when i hit alt+F9 keys. Does anyone know how to stop this from showing whilst trying to record a playfield ? I have no problem with recording Backglass and DMD.

Brett.

Bm2100
      Participant
        @bm2100

I am having the same issue. Did you ever resolve this?

marshall1975
        Participant
          @marshall1975

Same Issue here, hoping someone can figure it out as I am stumped.

Ryan

Pinnutz
          Participant
            @pinnutz

Me to can’t figure it out. Any resolution yet. This is the first thread I could find on the issue. Any chance it’s generated by Future Pinball. I can’t find anything on displaying FPS in future pinball like you can in Visual Pinball. It’s got me stumped..

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

The issue is FP uses F9 to show stats.

You need to either use OBS record method (which doesn’t use F9) or create another AHK exe that replaces the F9.exe (with something that uses another key to record) in the Popper record folder.

Pinnutz
              Participant
                @pinnutz

I thought it was coming from FP.  I just looked at the fixed keys in FP and there it is F9 Frame Rate and Statistics (Duh). I understand using the OBS method but I’m not keen on learning another piece of recording software. Is there an easy way to replace the altf9.exe with another key, or does that require coding, compiling etc.. Thanks.

Pinnutz
                Participant
                  @pinnutz

Okay, so I installed OBS and got it working after a bit of tweaking. Had to tell it to record the ‘Display’ and also had to turn down the audio in the DISPLAY3 profile.  If you don’t turn down the audio it picks up the recording your balls etc. OBS records the playfield fine but it leaves a blank spot at the beginning of the video (2 seconds maybe). I used OpenShot Video editor to trim off the blank portion. Funny thing is it didn’t do it on two of the videos I recorded. Strange behavior but I’ve got things working.  Thanks for the help and the OBS setup pics I found on the PINup site.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?