Upgrade from 1080p to 4k…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Redbeard30
    Participant
      @redbeard30

So I’m looking at upgrading my 1080p lg PF to a Samsung 4k 7000 series tv. I’m running a 1080p backglass and 720p lcd for DMD. My current gpu is a gtx 970. I was looking at buying a 1660 super GPU to run 4k, and my other monitors. Will the 1660 super run things smoothly?

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

I do not own a 1660 super but if I look at the following comparison chart, it seems to be slightly better than my pincab nvidia 980 which is able to take care of any tables *.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

See that big old * I put up there?  That’s there because the 980 wasn’t always able to do the job perfectly.  It was doing a great job but there were a select few tables (like maybe 5-8?) that had these little frame rate drops gone. Also running PUP packed tables could affect the frame rate ever so slightly (again, I’m talking about just a couple of tables). At some point, I was having a lot of USB issues so I ended up swapping my i7 3.9 ghz for a gaming i5 at 4ghz and all of a sudden the frame rates were gone.

All that to say, although I’m not certain if it was the CPU or the USB issues that could have been causing some issues, OTHER FACTORS come into play more than just your GPU.  So what are your CPU specs?  how much ramp do you have installed?  etc

goodGRIEFF76
        Participant
          @goodgrieff76

What CPU are you currently running?

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

can’t remember exact model but it’s one of the newer ones at 4ghz I think.   If I remember, I’ll look next time I boot up the pincab

edit: lol just realize I thought I was answering the OP’s question, it’s not and question probably meant for OP :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?