Virtual DMD Stuck on Main Table Screen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    samcat
    Participant
      @samcat

Hey guys!

Was hoping you could help me out with some ideas for this problem I’m having.

I have a 3 screen cab that was running great prior to my video card crapping out on me.
      I replaced it with a GTX 1660ti 2 days ago.
      Everything appears to be working fine except the freezy DMD display now stays on the main table screen.

I can resize it and move it, but it does not stay on the dmd screen on the next table startup. It goes back to the main screen back to its default size.

From what I can tell, it does not appear to be reading the dmddevice.ini file and positioning the dmd at the correct location on the dmd display according to the ini file parameters.

I was hoping to get the dmddevice log file running to see if there were any errors in it but I cannot seem to get the system to generate a dmddevice.log file. I’ve been scouring the forums with no luck. I know you configure it in dmdext.log.config and dmddevice.log.config but I cannot figure out how to turn it on to generate the log file…

Some other troubleshooting that I’ve done so far is:

If I remove the dmddevice.dll file from the VPinMAME folder it throws and error when I start up a table. That’s telling me its seeing/running the dmddevice.dll file.

If I remove the dmddevice.ini file from the VPinMAME folder and start up a table, it shows freezys dmd on the main screen the same as when the file is in the folder. I believe that’s telling me that it is not reading the dmddevice.ini file.

If I uncheck external dll and check show dll (not use Freezy dll) within the game (F1), I can move the display to the dmd and it will stay there on the next table restart. On rechecking the external dll (f1), it pops right back to the main table.

I also changed the dmddevice.ini file to have it not use the virtual display. Again, it continues to show freezys dmd on the main screen on table startup. (again, not reading the dmddevice.ini file)

As another test, I deleted a game folder from the registry to see if that might be the issue. No go there either…

Any ideas on where I might look next?

Samcat

Badazzwi
      Participant
        @badazzwi

So it stays in place with vpinmame dmd? If that’s the case I remember when I set up freezy there was an option to use the registry values set with the vpinmame dmd. I used SetDMD to position my vpinmame dmd globally for all games originally so freezy just used those and it showed up in the right place.

There is another program here called setDMD alternative that has more options than setDMD. Maybe that could help.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

samcat
        Participant
          @samcat

Thanks for the tip Badazzwi!  I played around with setDMD and the alternative vptools.  Nice programs!  I will be using these in the future.  Unfortunately my DMD refused to move off the main screen.  As I had a couple of other weird issues I could never figure out, I decided to reload windows and start from scratch.  After doing so and reloading all the programs with the latest updates, my DMD problem along with a bunch of other issues went away.  Everything is now working smooth as silk!!!

Samcat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?