VPX Manual Ball Control Demo

• This topic has 19 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by roar.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw

VPX Manual Ball Control Demo

This script provides an easy way to take manual control of a ball using the arrow keys.  Ball control for testing or table demonstrations is an often requested feature.  This simple script should meet most of the needs for those requesting this functionality.  Suggestions or additions to this script are welcome!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr

This is AMAZING! But i must have mouse control to be BLOWN AWAY ;)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog

Dude!

yeah, that like sums it up.  does it work on ramps and such?  I’ll play with it later today.

edit…. forgot the  :good:  

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr

Works on ramps! It’s great

for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

Nemo
            Participant
              @nemo

That’s neat !

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria

Cool, that is perfect for the VPF Game of the Week Challenge lol ;-)

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr

Cool, that is perfect for the VPF Game of the Week Challenge lol ;-)

lmfao!!!

for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog

Hey roth, pretty cool stuff should come in handy.  I did run into one small issue however in that you are defining and using variables left and right those are however standard functions for text parsing that I happen to use in my high score routine (stolen from mfuegemann I believe)  I changed all the variables in your script to Cup, Cdown, Cleft, Cright to be consistent and get around that issue.

Thanks for this.

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw

Good call out.  I’ll update the script and demo to use less generic names.

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw

Demo table updated with less generic names.  Also fixed the sub name for the stopcontrol trigger.

BTW, @randr told me there was something wrong with me.   :cry:  Apparently, according to randr, normal people don’t do things like this.  And my wife agrees with him.  :unsure:

Maybe it’s true.  But I can’t change who I am. B-)

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr

@rothbauerw i will say im glad something is wrong with you!

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972

This is one seriously bad-ass development tool Roth. Excellent work and thanks. I am certain all of the authors will be leveraging this when making their tables.

Do you feel that this would be more useful that the kicker tool you recently made? Is there a need to have to kick the ball with force to accomplish a task? I cant really think of one.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph

This tool is exactly what every table author needs!!

I spent 4 hours trying to see if a light or trigger on ramp is activating correctly, by playing the table and trying to hit the pinball exactly where it needs to go. Yes walls can help in some instances, but not for all instances.

This is really great!!!

Thank you Sir!! :good:   :yahoo:

rothbauerw
                                @rothbauerw

I think this replaces the test kicker in most instances.  I can think of a few very rare instances where you might want to use a test kicker instead.

wrd1972
                                Participant
                                  @wrd1972

So a question for the Manual ball MOD. You might recall that when I releasedd a few of my recent tables with the kicker MOD added. Some guys ran into issues with their mapped button clashing with the MOD itself.

So once the manual ball MOD is added. What is the best way to deactivate it prior to release. Would it be possible to script in an intuitive on/off “switch” rather than possibly commenting out a bunch of lines assuming thats what it might take.

Also, might there be a way to wrap the mod up in some kind of package that once its activated, it can automatically install into any SS table script. I know this might be pie in the sky due to the variances in ways the authors do their scripting. But if the package could search on keywords and add in text, that would make it even better for existing tables.

rothbauerw
                                    @rothbauerw

I believe Toxie is going to look at adding this script into the VP build.

The easiest way to deactivate is to comment out the lines in the keyup and keydown sub.  And yes, you could add a simple option variable to turn it on and off.

Dim enableBallControl

enableBallControl = 1          ‘1 for on, 0 for off

Then surround the code in the keyup and keydown sub with:

if enableBallControl then

‘ code in key up sub

end if

if enableBallControl then

‘ code in keydown sub

end if

toxie
                                    Participant
                                      @toxie

@rothbauerw: as it seems to be okay with you, yes, i would add this then to the default table..  :)

rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw

@rothbauerw: as it seems to be okay with you, yes, i would add this then to the default table.. :)

@toxie
                                        Yes, absolutely!

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

As someone who has been spoiled by Future Pinball’s “Ball Roller”, having this added into VP will be very good news. It would make it MUCH easier to add DOF or addressable leds to a table…. at least for guys like me who are crappy at pinball.  ;)

roar
                                          Participant
                                            @roar

Just read about this tool today… I think this will be really useful for creating ROM dumps to colourize games.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?