VPX Tables Crash

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mnpinmonkey
    Participant
      @mnpinmonkey

evening all! new to all this pinball mania and first of i want to say thank you for all the great help theads, the tables, and all the work done here.

so i just finished my full cabinet build, all has been great until recently while playing tables and it always seem when im scoring really well lol, the table will crash and close VPX, tried this using pinup, after crashing i can still exit to pinup and select tables to play again but the next table will also shortly crash. tried running just in VPX alone and it will also crash after playing for a little bit. some times it can be right away or couple minutes.

my system is windows 10 64 but have stuck to 32bit install for the pinball programs as specified.

intel i7-7800x cpu@ 3.5ghz 3504 mhz 6 core

16gb RAM

GTX 1070

running 3 displays playfield 3840×2160, backglass 1366×768 and my dmd virtual 1630×768

i dont know if it has something to do with the sambuild r4696 i did, but that is the only real change i can think of

mnpinmonkey
      Participant
        @mnpinmonkey

oh and it can vary on tables from ac-dc, walking dead, masters of the universe, tron

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

You are not telling us much about what vp you are running. At the moment, vpx beta is unstable and has been for a few versions. Jump on the beta train and expect things might break. My advice, jump a few versions back using this link https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/

Get the archive. Only replace the VPinballX.exe. If you want the real stable release you have to get a official release – 10.5. Sure, there might be a few tables optimized for 10.6 already out there. But, if you want stability over functionality.

I might sound a bit harsh now. Don’t run beta and post outside the official beta thread @ vpf. And if you post in the thread, learn to attach useful and accurate information. Don’t post before doing proper test. Running via a frontend is NOT a proper test. And do supply crash dumps if you do.

If you choose to still run beta. It would be helpful if you go version by version back until you get something that is stable and report the exact version where it starts to break for you. Don’t post right away, make sure to the best of your abilities that it is stable before posting.

I have as you see a strong feeling that you are running VP beta and that is the culprit. VPM has been very stable for a long time now. It can of course be related. Still, the same applies. Run beta and expect to get bit. You have to know how to revert your setup to “stable” if you run any beta. That is my opinion on the matter.

mnpinmonkey
          Participant
            @mnpinmonkey

Thank you for the reply and i apologize for the lack of posted info and posting in wrong thread. you were correct i was running a beta rev3623, i had been benching my system before going into my cabinet and when installing into cabinet computer it became a different rev by error of my self, i only started running in front end after i had been testing in visual pinball first. for testing purposes im going to update to the most current beta and will post crash log in beta thread to help with anything i can for others also

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?