VPX – Unplayable/Performance Issues extreme Lag

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pkrobin
    Participant
      @pkrobin

Hi!

Was working just fine, hadn’t played in a very long time so updated everything – latest tables, latest 10.7 Beta (also tried 10.6 final) Popper 1.4.4 and Newest Vpinmame SAM beta.

Having some crazy lag – unplayable.  I have to hold a flipper button down for approx 4 seconds before it activates.

Anything else runs fine on this computer though I dont have any other games installed.

Updated Windows 10, did the Clean driver reinstall.

Appreciate any help- I’m sure its come up before but I searched the forums and couldn’t find an answer.  Thanks!

Windows 10 Pro

Core I5 – 3.50Ghz, 16Gb Ram

Geforce 750Ti, 16GB Ram

Annotation 2020-05-15 220524

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Win10. Another computer broken by M$ – check your video drivers first and foremost. You can always “reset” it by pressing the “set to low end pc”, and slowly add options you feel you need. But, your computer should be able to run with those settings of yours. Would change max prerendered frames from 0 to 1 though.

pkrobin
        Participant
          @pkrobin

Ok so I tried changing max ore rendered frames and I disabled everything else. Slight difference maybe but nowhere close to playable.

Already did the clean driver reinstall. Maybe I’ll try getting rid of the GeForce experience and whatever else Nvidia added.

Unfortunately I locked in my windows updates to some degree because the first thing I did after updating video drivers and not getting an improvement was update to windows 1907. Sigh.

pkrobin
          Participant
            @pkrobin

The solution was ultimately to use the Windows Fresh Start feature to reset it.  And of course exclude the VP and Popper directories from Windows Defender.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?