want vpx crashing? call these commands…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    makmak
    Participant
      @makmak

Hi,

I want an appearing/disappearing bumper on my table. I dont have a primitive for the whole bumper to let it come up from under the table, so i just want to have it appearing/disappearing for now. Whats wrong with these commands letting my orange bumper appear or what to use instead?

BumperOrange.collidable=true (works)
      BumperOrange.basevisible=true (dont work)
      BumperOrange.skirtvisible=true (crashes vpx)
      BumperOrange.ringvisible=true (crashes vpx)

thx!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Take a look at CommandReference.txt inside you vp folder. There is a section there for what calls are available for the bumper. Maybe you need to change the material to something invisible ? I don’t know. VP is flexible, but, I would not be surprised if they haven’t fully coded support for disappearing bumpers. Just don’t makes sense – except for you that is ;)

1 user thanked author for this post.
        makmak
        Participant
          @makmak

thx, i had a look there before, but it seems visibilty of a bumper has to be preset and is not subject to change via script, at least thats what it seems and what i discovered.

It might make sense: if you want to have a bumper coming up out of the playfield (like the ‘Ringmaster’ in ‘Cirqus voltaire’). as far as i know you cant move walls and objects and stuff, but only primitives. if you are an idiot like me and cant make primitives you have to deal with an inivisible bumper then. Thats what I did now and tell you what – its not that bad effect at all ;-). But of course, its not a simulation of reality anymore…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?