Zebs Plunger V.3 issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Malinas
    Participant
      @malinas

Hello there!

I am running ZEBS plunger, the V3 BK10 version. 

The “plunger” function itself, works perfect! It plunge the ball away like a dream!

But i can only get 4 “game buttons” from it, the rest is keystrokes.
      And for FX3 and some other software, i need “gamepad buttons”, and not keystrokes. This plunger supposes to deliver 20 gamepad buttons (Not that i need 20 though…) Only need 12.

The plunger runs on COM3 and i have flashed the firmware in it with the  .bat file that supposed to make the game buttons/pad to work from it.

<span style=”color: #ff0000;”>avrdude -C avrdude.conf -v -patmega32u4 -cavr109 -PCOM3 -b1200 -D</span>

<span style=”color: #ff0000;”>Timeout /T 3 /nobreak</span>

<span style=”color: #ff0000;”>avrdude -C avrdude.conf -v -patmega32u4 -cavr109 -PCOM4 -b57000 -D -U flash:w:”V3.2B10K_GPAD.hex” :i</span>

But to be able to make this work, the DEVICE MANAGER needs a bootloader for this, So the COM3 for Plunger needs to be black (visible) and for the “bootloader” on COM4 for the plunger needs to be <span style=”color: #999999;”>grey</span> (invisible) but that doesn´t appear in my device manager. No “bootloader” shows up, so this .bat file won’t work and it will be impossible to flash this.

Tried to reset, and everything. But no result. The plunger ONLY shows up with COM3 and “no hidden” bootloader on COM4

copm

So my question is:

<span style=”color: #ff0000;”>Is there any way around this?</span> Can i use another software to make KEYSTROKES become GAMEPAD settings? Since all the plunger does at the moment is sending out keystrokes. Cause i can´t use like xbox360 emulator since it only assigns gamepad buttons.

If anyone with the ZEBS plunger managed to work this out or “around it”, please enlighten me ;) 

<span style=”color: #339966;”>NOTE: I did follow the instructions correctly.</span>

— open the device manager and make note of the com port the controller is using
      — edit the comport assignment in the readme for the controller com port (1st entry) and save the file
      — run the RunMe.bat file and let the program error out – this will install the bootloader in your system
      — open a command prompt window
      — change directory to the root directory (cd..[ENTER], repeat until at the C: prompt)
      — change directory into C:Windows\System32
      — type SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 and hit Enter:
      — type DEVMGMT.msc and hit Enter
      — the Device manager screen should now be open, go to the view tab and select SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES from the drop down menu
      — In the Device Manager under (COM & LPT ) Ports you should see the Bootlader COMXX displayed as a non present device make a note of the Com Port
      (it may help to unplug the plunger from the usb port and reconnect it while displaying the window, the comport that opens and then closes is the bootloader comport).
      — edit the comport assignment in the readme for the bootloader com port (1st entry) and save the file

– save and close the file
      – doubleclick on the “RunMe_B10K” file from within the working folder
      – A command box will open and the file will update itself

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Asked int the zeboards support forum ?

Malinas
        Participant
          @malinas

Steve (Zeb) himself asked me to ask here regarding help with this so…. i did

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Unfortunately I’m on V2 and FX3 isn’t good enough yet for me to care. Let’s hope someone else can chime in here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?