This topic contains 148 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Thalamus 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 149 total)
  • Author
     TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Great table, beautiful work.

I need some help with something….

I’m trying to learn how to add addressable led effects to tables.  I need to know a few things.

Where can I find out what every “switch”, solenoids, event, trigger, etc…  is for this table (and others)? I’m talking more about what is used in the DOF Config Tool?  As an example….

I was able to get the Back addressable led MX to flash the word “FIRE” when the cannon is loaded. I just added the effect to the already defined FIRE button switch ( I also make the FIRE button light up when the ball is in the plunger lane, since the FIRE button works for that as well).

Fire Button:    W62 Blink fu500 fd550/W23 Blink fu500 fd550

Playfield Back Effects MX:    W62 Blue @FlasherLI@ @LetterF@ Blink fu200 fd200/W62 Blue @FlasherC@ @LetterI@ Blink fu200 fd200/W62 Blue @FlasherRI@ @LetterR@ Blink fu200 fd200/W62 Blue @FlasherRO@ @LetterE@ Blink fu200 fd200

What I want to do is be able to have an addressable led MX effect when you push the FIRE button to Fire the cannon.  What would I use for that? It should be the rom equivalent button / trigger correct?

Where can I find that info for everything for these tables?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Download the manual and look at solenoid numbers and switch. Miners for each pinball you want to edit

Some users who have liked this topic:

TerryRed 

I know that Wxx are switches, Sxx are solenoids….but not more than that  :)

TerryRed 

Is there some kind of glossary for what each thing is?

Like:

wxx = switch

sxx = solenoid

xxx = trigger

etc…

The more I know the better…

I found what I was looking for in the table script, under magna save (FIRE button). Man, VP scripts are nice and small compared to FP thanks to being able to use the original rom code.  I got it to work…but I need to learn how to do the animating better.

The script for this table was so nice and clean and easy to understand. Great stuff!

bha19 
    Participant

I have latest vpmame and sam build but I still can’t get the game to run “error game name not found”. looking at pinmame test I see no mention of AC/DC anywhere in the roms list. What can I do now?

ninuzzu 
    Participant
    vipMember

Where did you download vpinmame? If you don’t see ac/dc in the romlist, probably you don’t have the SAM build of vpinmame:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/

bha19 
    Participant

I think I did not make my rom correctly so I will try that and post again. Thanks for your help.

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Do you need to goto Stern site and download the Rom from there for each table? thanks

bha19 
    Participant

O.K. so I found out that my rom was incorrect and I fixed it

Clark Kent 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Can you explain the different versions? What’s the difference between them?

ozg 
    Participant

Do you need to goto Stern site and download the Rom from there for each table? thanks

Yes and you just need one ROM, it’s the same for all of the Premium/LE tables (version 1.68)

Can you explain the different versions? What’s the difference between them?

backglass, cabinet, artwork, cards

bha19 
    Participant

Why does the script thencall for acd168h or acd168hc? What is the difference?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

C is color

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Thanks Ozg can you please
    explain how to covert the rom file from Stern to Zip file? sorry computer dummy. anyone know what the latest version
    SAM out? and how do I check
    what version I currently have. and know which version to get?
    I tried updating in the past but messed it up and couldnt run any of my Stern Tables. Just dont wanna mess it up again. Appreciate everyones help. I have PinDmd2.

ozg 
    Participant

Right click on the rom, (a drop down menu will pop up) go to send compressed zipped folder, then rename the new folder to acd_168h (I think that’s the right name) anyway, here’s the link to SAM:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/

I think they fixed AC/DC Premium/LE to work with SAM 2.8b02

Always make sure that you have the newest of everything, like VPX 10.2.1, VPinMAME 2.8b and the newest scripts:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11572

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=17

Another thing, always copy and paste the SAM script last (the one in the SAM folder, so you don’t overwrite it with something else)

Later

stuntcat 
    Participant

Hi , this is my first reply to a post so I hope its in the right place , first of all love this table great work, I have a couple of issues though , the ball disappears %50 of the time when I hit the bell and the AXE lanes don’t light up otherwise it works great , are there any solutions?

Dr.Tom 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Fantastic table.  Put about an hour of continuous play on this yesterday.  For the first time, I discovered a new adjustment to VP.  Now that I’ve transitioned into the world of owning real tables, I’ve found that a 7 degree slope is the optimal amount (as do most guides for modern setup [EM’s are much less slope]).  So, I adjusted the slope in the options tab from 6.5 to 7 and boy does that improve play and take a way a lot of the “float” that you get if not there.  Just an FYI if like me, you thought some tables played a little slow.  I came to this as my wife was playing VP Lord of the Rings while I played my real one and she had her best game ever.  When looking, her ball was moving so much slower.  Now, with the slope increased, it gets closer to the real thing.  Anyhow, I got off topic…GREAT GAME!  A big thank you to everyone who contributed…this game really shows how far VP has come.  And how talented the authors are. :good:

TerryRed 

Fantastic table. Put about an hour of continuous play on this yesterday. For the first time, I discovered a new adjustment to VP. Now that I’ve transitioned into the world of owning real tables, I’ve found that a 7 degree slope is the optimal amount (as do most guides for modern setup [EM’s are much less slope]). So, I adjusted the slope in the options tab from 6.5 to 7 and boy does that improve play and take a way a lot of the “float” that you get if not there. Just an FYI if like me, you thought some tables played a little slow. I came to this as my wife was playing VP Lord of the Rings while I played my real one and she had her best game ever. When looking, her ball was moving so much slower. Now, with the slope increased, it gets closer to the real thing. Anyhow, I got off topic…GREAT GAME! A big thank you to everyone who contributed…this game really shows how far VP has come. And how talented the authors are. :good:

Wait until you see how it looks with addressable leds and effects….. yes, I’ve ventured into VP DOF’ing (addressable leds only). I’ll have a video up when I get some time.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@terryred Glad to here your VP-DOF-ing! While your FP DOF tables are super i think many more people will enjoy your hard work in VP!

But i hope you continue doing some of the neat FP tables too :good:

TNT2 
    Participant

This makes me curious. Does a typical slope of 6.5-7 what most of you see that best emulates real tables? I always thought 6-6.5 seemed more appropriate but I don’t play as many real life tables as many of you.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account