Knocker Suggestions & Help !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Al
    Participant
      @alandee

Hi, I love my cab, and the way it is evolving, but I’m just about to give it a birthday of sorts, I have a DMD to install and while I have the backboard apart, I thought I should replace the knocker that burnt out ( thanks to one of those table roms that knocks on every coin when I’m not in the house and a 5 year old who decides to hold the 5 key pressed on the external keyboard ! ), as well as upgrade the tilt bob to a real one, and tidy up some wiring that is currently a ball of yarn ..

My question is .. what to use, and where to get something decent that is happy on 24/30v ? is there anything or should I just get an another power supply at 50v and use whatever I can find online ? I run it off a pacled via a relay so I can basically hook anything up that I need but don’t really know where to start. I think the one I was using might have been a flipper coil as it wasn’t really awesome right from the start.

Does anyone have some numbers for me to start looking for please.

Cheers,

al.

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

I use one of these, although an old one, from a Gottlieb that originally ran on 24V DC, works great.  Can be found cheaper used, or maybe at other vendors.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MA-12

edit: a quick search found this one on ebay for much less https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOTTLIEBS-PIONEER-EM-PINBALL-MACHINE-CABINET-KNOCKER-ASSY/372235957291?hash=item56aafdf42b:g:JXEAAOSw8SNakNO9

Al
        Participant
          @alandee

Thanks BD I’ll start from there !

Cheers,

al.

Edit : Indeed, I just ordered the one from Marco as it’s easier than trying to decipher second hand codes here in Oz !

Thanks again.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I use standard Williams knocker 24vdc works great purchased mine from pinball life

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Al
            Participant
              @alandee

Thanks randr .. once I muck this one up, I can hopefully just replace coils without having a burnt/melted mass :) and I’ll check them out as an alternative.

Cheers,

al.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?