PC specs help/ faq?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gunner
    Participant
      @knievel

So I need to upgrade my PC to run vpx and all these wonderful new tables.

Video card wise I have a GTX750ti 2gb which I think will be ok for now.

Is there a faq or thread somewhere discussing PC spec requirements? I haven’t been able to find it.

Failing that can anyone suggest a system that plays these tables ok but doesn’t break the bank.

Thanks

Bambi Plattfuss
      Participant
        @bambiplattfuss

Hello there,

i did some benchmarkiung a while ago which can be found here:
        http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pc-system-tests/

when it comes to a FAQ i can recommend mine https://goo.gl/BTzQjV
        or read here the wikis and tutorials this will help you

As for your system with a 750ti. This card should be minimum in FHD but it is too weak for 4k. SO if you plan to stay in FHD it will be ok with the rght settings

Gunner
        Participant
          @knievel

Thanks I will go check that out.

I borrowed a generation4 i5 8gb ram PC from my brother and did not see an improvement in framerate vs my current Core2duo 4gb ram PC. This was with the same 750ti card. I was quite shocked that it did not improve things.

It seem that video card is everything. Unfortunately video card prices are through the roof right now.

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

A 750ti should get you by for now, you will get stuttering if you have everything running maxed out.  Exclusive fullscreen helps a bunch, also maybe post a screenshot of your video settings for visual pinball.  There is lots of small “tweaks” that will help you out

Gunner
            Participant
              @knievel

Sorry I missed this reply. What does ‘exclusive fullscreen’ do and how do I activate it?

From what I have read since testing is that the better PC’s processor/memory will benefit the front-end and not the tables.

I wasn’t running them through a front-end when I was testing so I didn’t see that.

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

Here is a topic about this very thing, exclusive fullscreen is talked about first.  Also some good recommendations for other settings

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/force-exclusive-fullscreen-and-disabling-post-processed-anti-aliasing/

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

Hey Gunner… your processor is the heart of everything that happens… it works together with the GPU to run any games or pinball tables.  You want to keep both of those up to date as possible.

Gunner
                  Participant
                    @knievel

Thanks guys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?