The journey begins!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Coitusmysterioso
    Participant
      @coitusmysterioso

Good evening folks.

Figured I would introduce myself to the community since I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time here from now on.

My name is Craig and I live about 1 hour north of Toronto. I have built a number of Hyperspin arcade systems for myself and have recently purchased my first pinball (1975 Williams Triple Strike). I have always wanted to built a virtual pin but nice empty cabinets don`t come along very often.

This weekend I got VERY lucky and managed to find an empty Creature From The Black Lagoon cabinet and it looks HUGE next to the old EM unit. Great first step towards my virtual pinball table.

I’m guessing since this is a standard cab I will only be able to use a 40″ TV for the playfield but that’s plenty. I am planning on a 27″ for the backbox with a smaller LCD for the DMD. Eventually once I have a working VP setup I will DOF it up!!! LOL

1_zpsjrer5qln.jpg

2_zpsn0mepck0.jpg

4_zpsztq21cdc.jpg

RustyCardores
        @rustycardores
        MemberModerator

Welcome to the community.

What a fantastic cabinet to start with! Congrats!

Johngreve
        Participant
          @johngreve

Congrats and welcome……

Looks like your basement has all the makings for a fine gameroom. Plenty of room for growth too.

Excellent!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

WOW what a great start! a great pinball machine wonder what they did with it?

WELCOME to the site!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

It always saddens me seeing a CFTBL out of commission – but, just the opposite seeing new members.

Hello and Welcome !

The virtual pin community is great to be a part of, as I’m sure your going to find out.

Coitusmysterioso
              Participant
                @coitusmysterioso

It always saddens me seeing a CFTBL out of commission – but, just the opposite seeing new members. Hello and Welcome ! The virtual pin community is great to be a part of, as I’m sure your going to find out.

Not to worry folks. No CFTBL pins were harmed in the making of this VP LOL!

The original owner restored his CFTBL unit and purchased a brand new CFTBL cab instead of restoring the original. So I got the original cab for an AMAZING deal. YAY for me LOL

Coitusmysterioso
                Participant
                  @coitusmysterioso

Congrats and welcome…… Looks like your basement has all the makings for a fine gameroom. Plenty of room for growth too. Excellent!

Yeah I’ve got 1500SQft to play with but I think my wife is limiting me to 2 arcade and 2 pins.

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

Congrats and welcome…… Looks like your basement has all the makings for a fine gameroom. Plenty of room for growth too. Excellent!

Yeah I’ve got 1500SQft to play with but I think my wife is limiting me to 2 arcade and 2 pins.

Welcome to the fun.  Looks like you have a great start, I think I spy a jukebox have some nice mix and match lawn furniture/chairs.  Now you need a fridge with some beers or a bar to lean on and your set.  I would negotiate that to 2 real pins, the virtual cab, arcade cab or 2 and you need a Golden Tee.  Then when your wife is not looking sneak in a few more pins :good:

roar
                    Participant
                      @roar

I’m pretty sure I know that creature cab… I almost bought it last year but then decided I really wanted a widebody so I made mine from scratch. The seller has a beautiful collection of pins, wish I would have made the trip just to see his collection :).

if you decide to DOF and go the pinscape route let me know, I’ve got blank boards I’m selling at cost. I had to buy 10 of each and I’ve got plenty of left overs.

Coitusmysterioso
                      Participant
                        @coitusmysterioso

Thanks Roar.

Yeah his collection was AMAZING. Way out of my league that’s for sure.

I think I am going to be a while just figuring out how to get the software to work so it will likely be a while before i am looking for any DOF components.

I’m pretty sure I know that creature cab… I almost bought it last year but then decided I really wanted a widebody so I made mine from scratch. The seller has a beautiful collection of pins, wish I would have made the trip just to see his collection :). if you decide to DOF and go the pinscape route let me know, I’ve got blank boards I’m selling at cost. I had to buy 10 of each and I’ve got plenty of left overs.

Jesperpark
                        Participant
                          @jesperpark

Take your time and have fun, don’t get discouraged as it all can look daunting in the beginning.  Once you wrap your head around the relationship of each piece of software working together, you will understand how to run and each of the many issues that can come up.  Most of us here have been down your road so don’t be afraid to ask questions or for advise.

Coitusmysterioso
                          Participant
                            @coitusmysterioso

Take your time and have fun, don’t get discouraged as it all can look daunting in the beginning. Once you wrap your head around the relationship of each piece of software working together, you will understand how to run and each of the many issues that can come up. Most of us here have been down your road so don’t be afraid to ask questions or for advise.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Jesperpark. No worries there. I’m like a bulldog when figuring out a new system.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?