The most confusing pin that you've ever played!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    ozg
    Participant
      @netweight

Rescue 911 and off topic, am I the only person in the world that hates the Addams Family pin. For some reason my eyes and brain hate that table.

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

I don’t think you will find a lot of people that hate the Addams Family table, but for confusing rulesets… I think the World Poker Tour is a little confusing.  Still trying to figure that one out.  It’s a super cool table and Fren’s recreation is great, but I really need to sit down and read the rules or something.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

For me it’s WOZ I’ve owned the le version since new and I don’t even know how to play it!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Pinball Shawn
          Participant
            @pinballshawn

Woz and The Hobbit are still confusing to me rule wise, I’m not sure what I’m looking at on the screen. Game of Thrones is another one. Twister is also weird, that guy is always yelling “winds southest, now west”, no clue.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Yeah any sega table is strange rules. :)

for IOS and Android

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

I think there is definitely something to be said for a table that is clearly marked and makes it obvious what you are supposed to be shooting for.  I prefer the challenge of the game to be in tough shots and timing rather than trying to figure out what you are supposed to be doing.

ozg
                Participant
                  @netweight

You can ship me WOZ, I’ll send it back when you miss it. WOZ doesn’t seem that bad in rules (I just follow the lights), but it has too much going on. As for World Poker Tour, I just don’t like any pin that uses another game as a pin (ex. Fast Break). I played the Game of Thrones a couple of times (pro version) and it made me nothing but angry, hated that POS table. I figured out the Hobbit over time, figured out I really didn’t like the table. I thought at least the dragon would spit the balls out. I still hate the Addams Family, I would burn it and replace it with the Twilight Zone at least (way better table, IMO). I don’t know, I just look at Rescue 911 and go WTF. Maybe they shouldn’t make pins after tv shows either ex: Baywatch, Barb Wire LOL. The only Gottlieb table that I ever liked at all was Class of 1812 and I still don’t understand the rules.

Attachments:
                  randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Ha!

I like TAF but everyone has one it’s kinda like a belly button pinball but I do enjoy it. wOZ does have a lot going on! Almost to much but I just need to play it more I think…only like 70 plays on it. I will say I also really like NBA fast break! I think it’s a great table.

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

For me WPT, I said it before am i playing poker or pinball?  I guess that’s where i am with newer pinball tables, show me what I’m shooting at cause there is too much going on right now on this playfield.  Kinda like why i like Star trek, attack from mars, medieval madness, spiderman.  You either shoot at the middle or follow the blinky lights, I’m guessing it’s my attention span to not want to follow a big complex rule set.

ozg
                      Participant
                        @netweight

For me WPT, I said it before am i playing poker or pinball? I guess that’s where i am with newer pinball tables, show me what I’m shooting at cause there is too much going on right now on this playfield. Kinda like why i like Star trek, attack from mars, medieval madness, spiderman. You either shoot at the middle or follow the blinky lights, I’m guessing it’s my attention span to not want to follow a big complex rule set.

These keep me from being bored as of today.

VPX:

Dirty Harry, Kingpin, Metallica, Red and Ted’s Road Show, Scared Stiff, The Sopranos, South Park, Star Trek LE, The Walking Dead, Twilight Zone and The X-Files keep me going for now (plus, PM5 The Walking Dead randr wife (mod) edition). At least until the Meatllica LE and Pinball Magic are uploaded, hopefully soon! Plus I have 17 PA tables on my PS3. I really like the Twilight Zone Pinball, the rules aren’t that bad and the table has the best flow of anything I’ve played so far.

ozg
                        Participant
                          @netweight

Off topic, here’s where I drink and play pinball.

https://www.facebook.com/buzzbinarcade

http://www.stonehedgeakron.com/arcade-pinball

and eastburybowling.com

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

Probably my favorite table is Theatre of Magic…. “shoot the center staircase!”.   Ok, I can do that.  I like the older tables too, because I can usually figure out what to do pretty easily.

*edit*  Canton, OH is only about 2 hours from me… I might make it to that place some day.

Jesperpark
                            Participant
                              @jesperpark

Yeah I’m not counting the EM’s in the hard to play category, they just have a good flow to them, not to complex and crazy.  The funny thing is every EM here has it’s own flow and feel.  Some days i like playing a certain EM the next day just won’t be in the mood for it.  I still keep coming back to Tommy as well, maybe it’s the music or all the crazy DOF programmed into it.

Here is an off topic, anybody have a pinball table theme idea that can be sold to stern?  I just feel the movie and music pinballs are overdone, when was the original theme?  Well i guess Woah Nellie :wacko:

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

I don’t have one but I wish they would come up with an original theme…. I’m also sick of blockbuster movies, tv and rock bands.

How about Quicksilver vs. Barracora… the ultimate battle?

ozg
                                Participant
                                  @netweight

The music pins get old fast, even AC/DC and Metallica, though I still play Metallica sometimes. The Rolling Stones was a POS. I have to be in the mood for some tables also, or I get frustrated. If someone offered me one free pin today, it would be between Twilight Zone, Tommy, or the new Star Trek (I may have to edit my picks later, LOL). It’s the music in Tommy that makes you, me and others like the pin, plus I like how it covers the flippers and the table has some good flow.

Whoops forgot, did you see that Tom T has his own site and he’s getting close to being finished with Ghostbusters.

VIRTUAL PINBALL

ozg
                                  Participant
                                    @netweight

Probably my favorite table is Theatre of Magic…. “shoot the center staircase!”. Ok, I can do that. I like the older tables too, because I can usually figure out what to do pretty easily. *edit* Canton, OH is only about 2 hours from me… I might make it to that place some day.

THIS:

http://www.pinballpa.com/

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

Yeah, I’ve been to PinballPA… it’s really cool.

ozg
                                      Participant
                                        @netweight

Yeah, I’ve been to PinballPA… it’s really cool.

If you ever come this way to play some pins. Buzzbin has music (bands, so check the calendar), strange beers and pins (but they took half of the pins out when they remodeled, they have South Park, LOL). I think they only have around 12 machines now, but I haven’t been there in a couple of months. Stonehedge is really the place to go for pins around here. Eastbury has WOZ and Victory (redneck bowling) has Ghostbusters. In the next week or so I’ll swing by all of the places and see what tables are up and running.

Phil Docker
                                        Participant
                                          @dock

I think Addams family is ever so over rated.  I would rather play Doctor Who or the Flintstones rather than TAF…..

Hobbit is difficult to get your head around, as in Game of thrones in my opinion!  But I know little about either subject matter…..

ozg
                                          Participant
                                            @netweight

I think Addams family is ever so over rated. I would rather play Doctor Who or the Flintstones rather than TAF….. Hobbit is difficult to get your head around, as in Game of thrones in my opinion! But I know little about either subject matter…..

I’ve only played the Flintstones on VP, because I can’t find the table anywhere. I played TAF six months ago, some lady was nice enough to give me her free game, but I wouldn’t put my own money in TAF. I would rather play the Transformers pin just a few steps away or go into the pro shop where the let me play Stern WWE for free.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?