True Fullscreen and Samsung TV issue

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

OK I’ve finally tried true full screen.

I’m not sure that I’ve gained any performance or resolved some stutter… perhaps a little?? …but after just a few tables, I think the display is much better quality. Finer more detailed if you will. Perhaps it’s just placebo effect?

Anyway…. my problem is my playfield TV.

Each time I change tables in PBX (focus), the Samy sees that as something new and displays it’s annoying Mode/Resolution banner for 5 seconds.  It’s a PITA and spoils the cab to be honest. I do want to persist with true fullscreen however, so I wonder if anybody has a work-around?

Is there a way to trick the Samy into thinking that nothing has change and that there is no need to display it’s stupid banner? (no it can’t be turned off in the TV)

Ginsonic
      Participant
        @ginsonic

Unfortunately not, it is a stupid Samsung behaviour ! It was one reason, I changed to a LG TV…

1 user thanked author for this post.
        RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

Unfortunately not, it is a stupid Samsung behaviour ! It was one reason, I changed to a LG TV…

Well that’s a bugga! :(

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

I guess I can put up with it for now, as I have just put my glasses on and true full screen is GORGEOUS!!

Nemo
            Participant
              @nemo

You can try to resolve that issue within Nvidia’s control panel, there you can set the output to a fixed setting where the gpu

takes care of pan & scan, refresh rate and resolution. Sometimes panels/monitors/tv’s can be stubborn (probably your sammy is one of them)

in that case use something like powerstrip to gain absolute control over your display settings.

Here’s a how to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WbfLDR3E7w

Nemo
              Participant
                @nemo

Also most samsung (and almost any tv) have an engineering menu, they are accessible through a code.

You have to check your model for that on good’ol Google. (with my LG it was volume up+menu+power)

There you can set almost everything to suit your need, most likely you can get rid of that pesky info screen !

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

Thanks will look

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

No luck with any of the above :(

The codes used within the engineer’s menu could mean anything to the untrained eye but, so I will see if I can find an engineer’s manual.

RustyCardores
                      @rustycardores
                      MemberModerator

Just an update on this. With true full screen and ensuring that everything runs as admin (and whatever else I fiddled with?) the OSD now only displays briefly as the table gains focus. It no longer appears anywhere else (inc the loading screen) so I can live with that. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJRobX
                        @djrobx
                        MemberModerator

Is there a way to trick the Samy into thinking that nothing has change and that there is no need to display it’s stupid banner? (no it can’t be turned off in the TV)

This is the one negative I have about switching to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.   Under Windows 8.1, the mode switch to True Full Screen was seamless.   Now under Windows 10, my monitor blinks and shows the HDMI logo in the corner for a bit (resyncing).   It’s not nearly as bad as what you’re describing, but it’s definitely an annoyance.

CarnyPriest
                        Participant
                          @carnypriest

It’s Ok that I can play hundreds of classic tables at home… I guess. That’s cool.

But goddam this OSD that pops up!

offtheroof

Attachments:
                          RustyCardores
                            @rustycardores
                            MemberModerator

Bwahahahaha!!!! ;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?