World Poker Tour Color Mod Project

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    HauntFreaks
      @hauntfreaks
      vipContributorMember

I would be way good with all of the coloring end of this (reminds me of making animated macros many years ago), but i will have to look more into using pinbrowser ,….I’ve had it for years…. just never figured it out…

thanks for all the info man!!

DJRobX
        @djrobx
        MemberModerator

Awesome 32A!!  I can’t wait to see the color X-Men LE ROM!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Lucky1
        Participant
          @lucky1

I just reported to Steve that the V-Pin export still has a problem. Seems that he checks for the license at too many places.

The copyright warning is normal and always displayed to take care of concerns expressed by license holders.

Lucky1
          Participant
            @lucky1

Don´t forget that you have to apply the serial patch of pinball browser with serial side channel as setting to the rom, before applying color to the pictures to make palette switches work correctly. You need to enter a serial number which is 000000 for pinmame. This colorization will not work on real machines unless applied with the correct serial number.

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

how do you get the SN for the real machines??

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

Don´t forget that you have to apply the serial patch of pinball browser with serial side channel as setting to the rom, before applying color to the pictures to make palette switches work correctly. You need to enter a serial number which is 000000 for pinmame. This colorization will not work on real machines unless applied with the correct serial number.

after reading 51 pages of forum posts at pinside,  I was under the impression that side loading did not work for Pin2DMD because you required a side loader hardware.

– “Side-Channel” mode : the color information is transmitted from the pinball machine to SmartDmd in a separate cable.
                There are 2 possibilities for this mode : a GPIO cable (15 palettes max) or a Serial cable (255 palettes max).

I had to use In-Frame settings.

is this the setting I need to change

Capture-2

and by serial number do you mean a registration License?

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Attachments:
                CarnyPriest
                Participant
                  @carnypriest

@lucky1, can you confirm that X-Men machines, specifically, have the capability of using side channel loading? We never added slots for X-Men in the source. We may need add these if this project is going to load correctly.

Lucky1
                  Participant
                    @lucky1

@lucky1, can you confirm that X-Men machines, specifically, have the capability of using side channel loading? We never added slots for X-Men in the source. We may need add these if this project is going to load correctly.

Yes, X-Men has the capability to support side channel. To load the serial patch with pinball browser you need to select serial side-channel in the SmartDMD tab and then use load patch in the SAM tab to load comm120.hex located in the pinball browser folder. It should ask for the serial number. It is true that serial side-channel needs a serial connection in real pinball installations but for pinmame we (RobX and I) have implemented this in the dmddevice.dll interface. WPT uses the old ROM structure like Shrek and POTC which does not support the comm patch and must use inframe coding or pin2dmd editor keyframes to switch palettes.

Steve has released a new version of the editor which finally fixes the free vpin export. This time I removed my activation key from the system and tested it myself. :good: Download it from https://bintray.com/sker65/pin2dmd/Editor2#files/

If you run into memory problems with the X-Men colorization feel free to contact me and I can see what I can do. Just split the project into different macros and continue to colorize the scenes. We can find a way to merge them in the end. Did this with Sharkky several times (ST, Avengers etc)

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

Thanks, I’ll update the source.

DJRobX
                        @djrobx
                        MemberModerator

It’s also worth noting that only the serial side channel protocol works with Freezy’s DLL.   Other methods require a real Pin2DMD at this time.

32assassin
                        Participant
                          @32assassin

@lucky1

How high are the chances that Xmen ends up like the Transformers attempt.

Stopped because their was not enough memory to finish the project.

I’m not 1/4 into the completion of the project and I already got a not enough memory error.

I will send you a PM with a link to the project to see what you can do.

Since I was no longer able to work on Xmen,  I tried to do CSI.  Some how I was almost able to finish the project in one day.

the good news is that I did not modify many of the scenes,   luckily the live cutout scenes look good in Black and White.

3 scenes need are still WIP

• Centrifuge letters need to be colored
                          • Shovel/Brush scene
                          • flash light scene.

I’m going to update the spinning microscope colors , I’m not a fan of the brown scene.

the only problem is

I don no know where to add the pinmame serial number

I can’t add  the serial patch,  the load patch button is not enabled.

Do I need Pinball Browser License in order to do this?

Pinball Browser issues aside.  the PIn2DMD license issue is now gone but now I have the problem posted in the start of this thread by Laylow

when I try to export a project for a Vir Pin,  Nothing happens.

I noticed a License text box in the smartDMD text window.

do I need a License for Pinball Browser in order to use it in Pin2DMD?

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

like a well oiled machine… lol

Lucky1
                            Participant
                              @lucky1

How high are the chances that Xmen ends up like the Transformers attempt. Stopped because their was not enough memory to finish the project. I’m not 1/4 into the completion of the project and I already got a not enough memory error.

Never heard of a transformers colorization. Do you have a link ?
                              You should try the the extend memory function first. If you still run into memory errors there a several ways to solve this.
                              First of all I suggested a code modification to oga83 how to free up more memory by limiting fragmentation that he wanted to implement, but I don´t know when he takes the time. Maybe he is more motivated when there is a actual project which needs the mod.

If that is not enough we can convert some scenes from pinball browser to pin2dmd editor. Pin2dmd editor uses the vni file to store the scene colorizations and this will free up memory in the ROM file. Best practice would be to use that for static scenes and leave the dynamic scenes with sprites, messages or score in pinball browser.

You should follow my advice and split the project into several macros (pbm files) to avoid the memory error for now and finish the colorization of all scenes. Just rename the pbm file and load the unmodified rom file again to continue the colorization. We can merge the project together with the above methods later.

I don no know where to add the pinmame serial number I can’t add  the serial patch,  the load patch button is not enabled. Do I need Pinball Browser License in order to do this?

Yes you need a license to apply the patch from version 4.44 above. The old version can load the patch but does not not have some memory optimizations already implemented.

Pinball Browser issues aside.  the PIn2DMD license issue is now gone but now I have the problem posted in the start of this thread by Laylow when I try to export a project for a Vir Pin,  Nothing happens.

I found out that it needs a scene switch to be assigned that it exports the files. Will report this as a bug to Steve.
                              For now use the attached dummy project to make the smartdmd conversion work.

Attachments:
                              CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

like a well oiled machine… lol

Guess you could always talk to Noah and russdx. See how their efforts are coming along. :whistle:

32assassin
                                Participant
                                  @32assassin

my mistake on TF; I made two bad assumptions

from your post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/50

I made the assumption that the the memory mod  would allow the author to finish StarTreck AND a TF WIP project.

since TF was never released I assumed the problem was never fix.  .

I used your dummy file and was able to export a project

here is CSI

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e21smjqdse09fx/csi_240.zip?dl=0

I do not know if it will work without a modified rom,  I still need to look into on how to create a diff patching file.

I thought I could make a diff file with the vpu rom patching system but it does not have that option.

unfortunately  its not switching color schemes,  I do not know if its a problem with a pin2dmd editor setting or a Pinball Browser settings problem.

its only using the color profile assigned to the cut scene in the dummy.zip pin2dmd profile.

all the live scenes look like crap

all the mug shots look like crap.

Lucky1
                                  Participant
                                    @lucky1

Is the default palette set correctly ? Do you set the correct palette for the video sequences ?

freneticamnesic
                                      @freneticamnesic
                                      vipModeratorMember

Missed this. Every time I look away cool new stuff is being done with the color DMD options.

Punch it!

Lucky1
                                      Participant
                                        @lucky1

To have look at the problem I need the pinball browser macro. The pal file only contains the color palette information
                                        when used together with pinball browser. The switches are integrated into the ROM file.

32assassin
                                        Participant
                                          @32assassin

here is a semi working World Poker Tour English rom patch

I colored the rom with Pinball Browser, I do not have a license nor do I plan to get one, the PINMAME patch was not applied. (the way I colored the rom; it might not need it)

Pinball Browser cannot fully color all the scenes,  its very obvious what scenes are not colored when you play the game (with the basic pal file)

I made a list of the un-colored scenes, and tried to color them in the PIN2DMD editor.

but found 2 problems

some scenes generate a different hash tag and don’t seem to ever trigger when you color them.

some scenes need the Col Mask Sequence  ( I can’t to get it to work)

this is still a WIP project, I will update it when I figure out how to trigger the bad scenes

You need to apply the patch to the rom

NOTE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THE ZIP NAME AND BIN NAME DO NOT MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bin name will be wpt_1400a.bin

Zip name will be wpt_140a.zip

you can either use the basic ( single pallet) pal file ( does not include any scenes colored with the PIN2DMD editor)

or

you can use the pal+VNI  (this includes the working colored scenes done with the PIN2DMD editor.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u50j99lfjtlivjb/AABS5ZZinGee4nCab54KKTDCa?dl=0

32assassin
                                          Participant
                                            @32assassin

tenor

project is done, or at least 99% of it is working correctly

one of the scenes Bumper Value is not behaving correctly, I’m not sure how to fix it.

same download link,  if you download and patched your rom,

please do it again. I had to update a few pixels in the rom and had to create a new diff patch.

Attachments:
                                            2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?