Worlds Fair Jigsaw (1933 Rock-Ola)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

yes right control “lifts” ball or the number 2 button also lifts ball as i use 2 its the buy in button on my cab

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Nemo
      Participant
        @nemo

Feeling a bit dumb now……..works like a charm….  :whistle:

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

@randr  ran across this restore thread on pinside, thought you might like, some good guts pictures in there, still on going.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jigsaw-restoration

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Wow how cool is that?! Thanks for the link

for IOS and Android

Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

I just found this table-  awesome work Randr!  I sort of see my pincab as a “Museum of pinball” in my home so I try to find all the good tables I can from all eras.  This is the earliest table in it, and quite cool indeed!

Thanks!

Gwen
              - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

1 user thanked author for this post.
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Thanks @gwen it was a neat build very outdated by today’s standards n

for IOS and Android

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Worlds Fair is one of the most unique tables and I always load it when someone sees my cab for the first time.  I grew up with an antique table top marble-shooter version of this style of game and am desperately trying to find it.

Gwen, your Victorian/Regency?/Steam Punk Tesla creation is amazing.  I came across your wip when I was about 3/4 done with mine and showed your pics to my ‘crew’ and jaws dropped.  While mine was a ‘get it done and get playing!!’ project, yours is one for the ages.  Your intricate detail and inlays are amazing.  While mine is a rudimentary build, when I came across a handful of tokens I had stashed away from my old arcade days and wondered what to do with them, I thought of your build and decided to mount/display them on my apron.  Thanks for the inspiration and wow…your cab is a work of art.

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

And WOW!  This table is perfect for your Tesla cab.  Make a video!  Thanks for bumping this up.

Gwen
                    Participant
                      @gwen

Thanks for your kind words JR.  I am humbled by them.  I just try to do things a bit differently from everyone else and to do the best I possibly can at whatever I do.  I definitely don’t always satisfy myself but as they say “perfect is the enemy of better” and I guess I am sort of cursed with being a perfectionist, knowing I will never achieve perfection.  I am pretty pleased with the way my cabinet turned out though.  And tables like this one let it shine even more =)

Gwen

Gwen

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

“perfect is the enemy of better”   curious phrase that I don’t think I’ve read before.  Like it.     cripes…Voltaire.  Perfect!  That was sneaky of you.

Not to go too sideways here, but as a fan of Tesla, you’re probably aware of The Current War movie that got sidelined?  Will finally be released this October.

Gwen
                        Participant
                          @gwen

I think the original actual quote was “perfect is the enemy of good” but I have heard it a lot from skilled crafts-people as I said it originally.  I’m not really sure where it came from in the first place.

Gwen

LynnInDenver
                          Participant
                            @lynnindenver

I think the quote is actually “Perfect is the enemy of Done”, basically to say that attempts to achieve a perfect result/product can (and does) prevent a project from being delivered.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

Hm.  Love the intellectual discussion!  But anyone hopping on this thread now wants to see a vid of Worlds Fair on the Tesla.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Ha! Yeah we need a video now??

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

m0riarty
                                Participant
                                  @m0riarty

Not sure what input i need to map to get the power lift?

edit: figured it out.  My setting werent saving (restart).

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

If you can get the balls to load, try hitting 2 on a keyboard if you have one hooked up.  Works on my end …I haven’t mapped lift to a button on the cab.  Hope you get it running.  Just tap stuff!  I feel this randr creation is one of the most fascinating things I have on my cab.

JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

Ha!  You figured it out while I was typing.  What was your solution?

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43135&p=437915

Look in the keydown sub – if it uses numbers, try changing it to any of those. I prefer right magna safe for anything “extra”.

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

@randr Here you go, a chance to own the real deal and a couple extras:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-rockola-army-navy-jigsaw-ampamp-world-series

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

That’s a steal too only $37K.  Gimme three of each

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?