Reply To: Cyclone (pinball) Williams Electronics

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

The ball image can be either a “image” or default ( generated ). You can get ball from other tables or internet or whatever. Since you are a noob. Get another image from another table. You obviously already found the dialog box inside the editor. So, get another table. Then open it – go the dialog box of the table if you like what it gives you and look at what is is named ( or if it is generated ( default )). Then go to image manager and export the picture. For the table you want to change. Import. Save and exit, then open it up again ( best way not to be confused ) then use the dialogbox ( dropdown ) to pick the new imported image.

Doesn’t look what the other table had ? Welcome to VP, there is a huge amount of parameters that decides who it will look in the end. One of them is the table env. That can sometime change everything. But, sometime, it is something to play with as well.

What I’ve learned is that we see things differently in our community. Some like lights that are way to bright from the real thing. Others, seems to love tables where you hardly see the ball. Of course, I have my preferences, but they do NOT fit everyone. Your preferences will most probably not fit everyone either. What I’ve learned though is that those guys that have worked with VP for many years OR have some graphical education or long time experience in the area most of the time are able to do things I’m far from being able to create ( or modify ).

Fun topic name – has some info that us still useful :)

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35115

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?