Reply To: Moulin Rouge (Williams 1965) restoration

Scottacus
Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

What a fun looking project!  I know you’ve mentioned that your whole family plays it which makes it worth the while to buff it up a bit.  Was the original color of the cab purple like under the legs?  If so you’ve got a good sample of the original color to work from.  The other nice thing about the cab is that the art work is just simple geometrical shapes so it should be easy to mask.

Re-painting the playfield should not be too much of a problem.  My guess is that the hardest part will be trying to color match the white.  A good clear coat should protect it for many years.  Speaking of which I just ordered some SprayMax 2K gloss for Pirate Gold.  @BorgDog has anyone had any experience with this product?  It looks like a nice option from what I’ve read on Pinside.

Getting a new backglass will be something that you’ll appreciate once the rehab is done.  There would be no way to fix or reprint that glass with the funky one way mirror.  I’ve rehabbed a few and that flesh tone ink seems to always be one of the first to fail on a backglass.  It makes the people look weird and creepy.

I look forward to watching this project come together for you!

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?