Reply To: RetroFlair BAM Edition – PinEvent

elvinu
Participant
    @elvinu

In the support page for PinEvent download, It tells you how to set up in a popper to automatically turn off DOFLinx

I had some problems adding the instructions you mentioned.  Note that I’m not code savvy so I’m not sure what I did wrong:

I appended the new text to my existing text in my Launch Setup – Launch Script for Future Pinball:

rem FUTURE DMD. Remove “rem” on next 2 lines if you are using FutureDMD. Change the directory to where you have FutureDMD installed.

rem cd “C:\Future Pinball”
    rem START “” “FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 20 “Future Pinball”

rem This will load Future Pinball and your selected table using BAM (Better Arcade Mode).

START “” “[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe” /open “[GAMEFULLNAME]” /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

rem The following is to turn off DOFLinx if the table uses Pinevent like RetroFlair table
    cd /d c:\directoutput

if “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLINX” (DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=1)

START “” “[DIREMU]\FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 5 60 “BSP Software*”

START “” “[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe” /open “[GAMEFULLNAME]” /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

I appended the “closing” text to my existing Future Pinball Close Script:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Future Pinball” 2 1

rem Remove “rem” on the next line to close Future DMD after exiting a table.
    rem taskkill /f /im “FutureDMD.exe”

rem The following is to turn DOFLinx back on if it was turned off above
    “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Future Pinball” 2 1

cd /d c:\directoutput
    DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=0

When I did this, I got the following error when loading the game from Pinup Popper:

error 1

Since I don’t use FutureDMD (whose exe is located in my C:\Future Pinball> folder),  I rem’d out that line (which I don’t know if I should have, ’cause I don’t know what I’m doing ;p):

I changed

START “” “[DIREMU]\FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1

to

rem START “” “[DIREMU]\FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1

This did get rid of the error message but it now causes two versions of the table to load.

Maybe the new lines of text are interfering with my existing lines?  If anyone knows what I’m doing wrong, please chime in.

TIA

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?