Reply To: Pinsound files for Sound Mode 1

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

In general, if it is the old format ( not xxxxx-samplename ) but folders like music, jingle etc. Then you can set soundmode in pinmame to 1 and put the folder under vpinmame\altsound\<romname>\ … here comes sub folders music, jingle etc. And it should work. There seems to also be possible to play some of the newer – crypted samples as well, as long as you have a pinsound.csv file controlling them. (Pretty sure Lucky1 made this, but, it isn’t really well documented what the different fields does in details). Normally this format will required you to run pinsound in the background and map the rom to the sample folder via the application. I haven’t experimented very much with pinsound, what I do know though is that you can create a file inside every of these music, jingle etc folders named gain.txt and if you in that file put eg. 30, the samples will play louder than if there is no such file. I found some time ago, somone saying that the default value is 10 so.

It is probably best to run pinsound as a program in the background and I believe you have to run one of the newer releases in order to play them all. The older “format”, seems to have left the download area.

2 users thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?