NBA Fastbreak (Bally 1997) VPW Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Vpin Workshop
    Participant
      @vpinworkshop

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/nba-fastbreak-bally-1997-vpw-mod/

When Tomate joined VPW he brought Darth Marino’s NBA Fastbreak with him and hit the ground running! A veteran of Sketchup, he learned Blender surprisingly fast and baked out new textures for pretty much everything. There is only handful of objects that hasn’t been redone in past 4 months. A thousand stuck balls later with much debugging, lighting and miscellaneous other contributions from iaakki and Sixtoe and we had shot and scored a decent tune-up for this table: Nfozzy physics, Fleep sounds, 3D inserts, flupper domes, VR room and more!

• Includes Desktop, Cab and VR versions in one VPX.
      • Plastics, Ramps, Nuts, Bolts: Tomate
      • Wires: Tomate, Mr_H
      • Playfield: EBisLit, iaakki
      • Physics: RothbauerW, Benji, iaakki
      • Inserts: iaakki
      • Lights: iaakki, Sixtoe
      • VR Room: Sixtoe
      • Miscellaneous tweaks: iaakki, Sixtoe, Benji, Oqqsan
      • Testing: VPin Workshop Discord, Rik Laubach

This release wouldn’t have been possible without the legacy of those who came before us including Darth Marino, DJRobX, CarnyPriest, MaX, Aurich, bmiki75, JPSalas

Thank you to Flupper for 3D insert techniques & domes. Thank you to Rothbauerw for nFozzy physics.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Vpin Workshop.
      Total of 122 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      fredo67
      Participant
        @fredo67

My favorite table  :) :good:
        I had the real pinball machine and I love this table.

I still play a lot to this table on VPX and your update looks great !!

Looking forward for a valid download link :yahoo:

2 users thanked author for this post.
        L0stS0ul
        Participant
          @l0sts0ul

That looks amazing. This is one of my all time favorite machines and I’m lucky enough to play it weekly in league (when we had league). We even had two linked up for a little while at the place we play. Can’t wait to try it out. The original vpx was quite faithful so can’t wait to see the improvements.

Pinbolt
          Participant
            @pinbolt

Thanks Team for this fantastic table.

iaakki
            Participant
              @iaakki

That looks amazing. This is one of my all time favorite machines and I’m lucky enough to play it weekly in league (when we had league). We even had two linked up for a little while at the place we play. Can’t wait to try it out. The original vpx was quite faithful so can’t wait to see the improvements.

Cool! We did rebuilt so many things for this, that we probably did something bad. Please if you could report all the issues you face, and we will do fixes. :)

tomate
              Participant
                @tomate

I would like to especially thank Flupper and the entire VPW team for welcoming me and for everything I have learned in this time, cheers! Great 2021 for everyone!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                iaakki
                Participant
                  @iaakki

I would like to especially thank Flupper and the entire VPW team for welcoming me and for everything I have learned in this time, cheers! Great 2021 for everyone!

You did it great especially as this was your first table! :yes:

Rajo Joey
                  Participant
                    @joey2001

Thanks for this table. A great ending of the year. :yahoo:

Gramps
                    Participant
                      @gramps

Love sports!  Unfortunately most sports tables (certainly not all) are kinda lame in my opinion.  This one sure isn’t !  GREAT JOB as usual !  Always excited to see what you all come up with next.  Thanks

L0stS0ul
                      Participant
                        @l0sts0ul

It is playing very well compared to the real one. I have made a few tweaks to make it play even more like the one at the pub. I just played it yesterday so it’s still very fresh in my mind.

I found the stock flipper settings to be a little easy for me. First game I scored 290 with a ring which is about 30 points more than my high score on the real machine. Yesterday I only managed 130 for my high. To increase the difficulty and get the shot trajectories the same the changes were small. Adjusted the start angle of the flippers to 120/-120 and reduced the strength to 3200. Now it’s playing very similar and the center shot is quite close on both flippers.

I’ve had no other issues with it so far :) Plays beautifully.

Bendo
                        Participant
                          @bendo

Thank you so much for all your hard work and for sharing with the rest of us.

iaakki
                          Participant
                            @iaakki

It is playing very well compared to the real one. I have made a few tweaks to make it play even more like the one at the pub. I just played it yesterday so it’s still very fresh in my mind.

I found the stock flipper settings to be a little easy for me. First game I scored 290 with a ring which is about 30 points more than my high score on the real machine. Yesterday I only managed 130 for my high. To increase the difficulty and get the shot trajectories the same the changes were small. Adjusted the start angle of the flippers to 120/-120 and reduced the strength to 3200. Now it’s playing very similar and the center shot is quite close on both flippers.

Very nice. We’ll definitely look into putting your values to next release. Check also PF friction. We used rather high value as table felt too fast. Maybe we just had too much power on flips. Combination of many things to dial it properly.

ashleyb
                            Participant
                              @ashleyb

Oh Man!  I love this table.  What a great surprise.  Thanks guys!

L0stS0ul
                              Participant
                                @l0sts0ul

Very nice. We’ll definitely look into putting your values to next release. Check also PF friction. We used rather high value as table felt too fast. Maybe we just had too much power on flips. Combination of many things to dial it properly.

Change one thing and something else needs tweaking. Totally understand. It’s also a challenge that these machines all play differently due to age and setup. When we had the two machines side by side the league director would only allow us to play one of them for scores because the other one was so different. Since the spot we play at is for league the machines are set up pretty tough to begin with. The addams we play has the bubble at the very top for instance and it’s brutal.

This version of fastbreak plays very nicely as is and it’s cool that with some minor  tweaks it’s playing very similar to the one we play on. I also tried increasing the playfield pitch a little and the upper playfield started reacting more like the pubs but that one is dangerous as it causes the right ramp to sometimes go down the shooter lane so I put it back to how it was. I looked at the playfield friction but the speed already feels really good to me and the upper playfield doesn’t need to react the same. It’s the lower half you care about the most.

Incredible work. Thank you for this :)

trizonegb
                                Participant
                                  @trizonegb

Thanks for yet ANOTHER masterpiece!!

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you guys. I really appreciate all the releases you guys have provided us with :rose: :good:

iaakki
                                    Participant
                                      @iaakki

Change one thing and something else needs tweaking. Totally understand. It’s also a challenge that these machines all play differently due to age and setup. When we had the two machines side by side the league director would only allow us to play one of them for scores because the other one was so different. Since the spot we play at is for league the machines are set up pretty tough to begin with. The addams we play has the bubble at the very top for instance and it’s brutal.

This version of fastbreak plays very nicely as is and it’s cool that with some minor tweaks it’s playing very similar to the one we play on. I also tried increasing the playfield pitch a little and the upper playfield started reacting more like the pubs but that one is dangerous as it causes the right ramp to sometimes go down the shooter lane so I put it back to how it was. I looked at the playfield friction but the speed already feels really good to me and the upper playfield doesn’t need to react the same. It’s the lower half you care about the most.

Incredible work. Thank you for this :)

My local place Ikuri Arcade has just restored a linked-pair too. They are closed at the moment and I managed to play only few rounds on both just before the arcade closed like 2 months ago. They both had quite different feeling. I took some measurements from ramps etc.

banksy
                                      Participant
                                        @banksy

One of my favourite tables – Thanks for the upload as always :good:

drbra
                                        Participant
                                          @drbranko

VPW seal means pure gold. I cannot believe how realistically this table looks and feel. Thank you! I wonder what’s next? ;-)

themotherbrain
                                          Participant
                                            @themotherbrain

This update looks fantastic! I love this table and can’t wait to try it out later! Thanks VPW!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?