3-In-Line (Bally 1963) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    alois
    Participant
      @alois

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/3-in-line-bally-1963-vpx/

Updated to Version 1.1. See changelog!

1 starts the game, 3 adds 5 credits, 5 adds 1 credit, and 4 toggles between 3 or 5 balls.  The backglass has a terrible quality.  Anyone who has a nice high resolution backglass picture of this table, please let me know.  I don’t know why it takes so long for the backglass to update to the last scores at the start of the table.

Have fun!

dadoinfo
      Participant
        @dadoinfogames

thanks pela postagem

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Thank you. Always nice to have another Ted Zale design to play.

PINBALL PASSION
          Participant
            @belinea59

Bonjour, merci pour ce travail. Y a t-il possibilité de le mettre en mode cabinet SVP ?

:good:

united kingdom
            Participant
              @rockhouse

any pinball from the 1960’s is always welcome :yahoo: :good:

thank you

alois
              Participant
                @alois

Thank you. Always nice to have another Ted Zale design to play.

I have many tables from him which I found here and at irpinball, and all of them are fun to play.

alois
                Participant
                  @alois

Bonjour, merci pour ce travail. Y a t-il possibilité de le mettre en mode cabinet SVP ?

:good:
                  Usually I use the popup bubble of the ImTranslator plugin to translate foreign text. Let’s try it the other way around:

Hello, thank you for this work. Is there a possibility to put it in cabinet mode please?

I don’t know if that ist possible for all tables, but the experienced cab users have their ways.  It requires some changes in the POV-values.  I could try to fit it horizontally to my monitor, but don’t know how closely this would fit to a cab, because I think they will have much bigger monitors than mine.

Je ne sais pas si cela est possible pour toutes les tables, mais les utilisateurs de taxi expérimentés ont leurs moyens. Cela nécessite quelques changements dans les valeurs de PDV. Je pourrais essayer de l’adapter horizontalement à mon moniteur, mais je ne sais pas à quel point cela correspondrait à une cabine, car je pense qu’ils auront des moniteurs beaucoup plus gros que le mien.

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Love tinkering with your creations and learning about unheard of tables.  You have more Zale’s possibly?  I’ve been keeping an eye out for another old EM and these creations of yours really are helpful getting familiar with titles I’d never see in real life.  Thanks again @alois !  I’ll bet this Pinsider could get some better bg pics – https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-1963-3-in-line-restoration

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

Hope that helps cabbies get started.  Needs more exploring, ball is oval.  AND plug in lutmandolin!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by JR.
                      • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by JR.
                      Attachments:
                      2 users thanked author for this post.
                      alois
                      Participant
                        @alois

Love tinkering with your creations and learning about unheard of tables. You have more Zale’s possibly? I’ve been keeping an eye out for another old EM and these creations of yours really are helpful getting familiar with titles I’d never see in real life. Thanks again @alois ! I’ll bet this Pinsider could get some better bg pics – https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-1963-3-in-line-restoration

I’ve been to that site.  The PF pic is from there, but the BG pic would have a far to low resolution when cut out:

Actually I just started to work on a new Zale table.  That’s how it looks so far:

I just don’t know how to make that yellow mushroom bumper in the middle.  There are many primitives in other tables, but they all don’t have that circular cut.  I will probably use a wall, or are there any other suggestions?  The BG pic at imdb is a bit better this time, but any links to others would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the POVs.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        alois
                        Participant
                          @alois

Alois wrote:

I started to work on a new Zale table.

I forgot to mention that the name of the new table is Hootenanny (Bally 1963).

united kingdom
                          Participant
                            @rockhouse

i have a problem with ball getting stuck above  plastic  on left hand side  above number 2

happened twice so far. Not to much of a problem i just start a new game

but i thought you would like to know still a fun pinball :bye:

alois
                            Participant
                              @alois

i have a problem with ball getting stuck above plastic on left hand side above number 2

happened twice so far. Not to much of a problem i just start a new game

but i thought you would like to know still a fun pinball :bye:

Give it a nudge from left, right or middle.  If such things happen and go away with a nudge I intentionally leave them in, because that sometimes happens on real tables too.  If it doesn’t work to get the ball out with a nudge when it happens again let me know.

alois
                              Participant
                                @alois

This getting stuck incident reminded me that I have the very nice Manual Ball Control Routines from rothbauerw included in this and the aerobatics table, so you can also hit “c” during play, which stops the ball and lets you move it with the cursor-keys.  Having that in is a great help in developing tables.

And while I’m at hints, in the aerobatics table pulling the plunger quite down and waiting the one second for the ball to slightly move to the right, releases it 90% of the time to the top kicker, which increases the scoring opportunities a lot.

bord
                                  @bord
                                  MembervipContributorModerator

Love tinkering with your creations and learning about unheard of tables. You have more Zale’s possibly? I’ve been keeping an eye out for another old EM and these creations of yours really are helpful getting familiar with titles I’d never see in real life. Thanks again @alois ! I’ll bet this Pinsider could get some better bg pics – https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-1963-3-in-line-restoration

I’ve been to that site. The PF pic is from there, but the BG pic would have a far to low resolution when cut out:

Actually I just started to work on a new Zale table. That’s how it looks so far:

I just don’t know how to make that yellow mushroom bumper in the middle. There are many primitives in other tables, but they all don’t have that circular cut. I will probably use a wall, or are there any other suggestions? The BG pic at imdb is a bit better this time, but any links to others would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the POVs.

Hi @alois, the circular cut you see on the yellow mushroom is just a broken bumper. The plastic cracked in half.

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

I didn’t realize until after posting, but that pinside link was to the pinsider who had that Zale for sale a couple weeks ago.  It sold so unless he had other pics available too late to hit him up.

Good luck with Hootenany!

united kingdom
                                    Participant
                                      @rockhouse

i put above number 2 that should be number 3lIMG_14041
                                      IMG_14041

united kingdom
                                      Participant
                                        @rockhouse

i put above number 2 that should be number 3lIMG_14041-1
                                        IMG_14041-1

united kingdom
                                        Participant
                                          @rockhouse

dont know why it come up twice

alois
                                          Participant
                                            @alois

dont know why it come up twice

Thanks, the pic shows clearly what you mean (I didn’t really get it from your first post).  That’s an error with the gates, they should prevent it from reaching that spot (I did notice that it very seldom falls back on the other side into the plunger lane too, so it is probably is the same there. I will correct it and upload an update, but have to experiment with those gates a little first.  I guess they reach not as far as I thought.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?