3 Screen set-up and more

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

Visual Pinball & Future Pinball setup at the bottom

2 and 3 Screen set-up and more
      VP 10.6 - 10-4-2020_setting 4K-TV <– For Video settings & For VPM Default using Freezy –>  VPM Default

Playfield monitor should be on the left with Additional Monitors to the Right and best to have them align with the top of the Playfield monitor- Example Below
      Everything works more correct when all screens are set at 100% scaling in windows
      Try this order – Playfield on the Left (Must be primary screen in Windows), To The RightBackGlass, Dmd then Topper
      Normal Orientation for Monitor Set up in Windows – Align the top of the Monitors
      DisplaysNot necessarily in the order of 1 2 3 – The monitor numbers in windows don’t mean anything when it comes to VP set up

For setups using a real DMD just put the number 1 in the line Marked with a Red number and (leave the 3 lines above it at 0)
      ——————————————————————————————————————————————-
      If the score is part of the back glass Hit F1 unchecked both DMD’s For games like (Tom & Jerry) (PinBot)

In your B2S_SetUp.exe, B2S_ScreenResEditor or ScreenRes.txt if you put any number in the Line ( Marked with a Red Number ) it should automatically get rid of the grill and some back glasses come with an image for the DMD area ( You Need to have the correct directb2s file that as built in supportTry a different version of the Back glass if needed ) if you fill the 4 lines in Green it will locate the image for you, Games like (Back to the Future) or you may have to right-click the back glass and have more options when the game is running..

The type of DMD that comes with games like (Attack from Mars) has nothing to do with the B2S set up file…(ScreenRes.txt) is in Visual Pinball\Tables folder
      Those Settings are kept in the windows registry — see More info Below
      NOTE: 3 Screen Setup Means you Have a 3rd LCD Screen as a DMD
      Games that come with the extra image like Diner, Funhouse & Back to the Future will not work with a real DMD
      Dot matrix locator Zip File included at the bottom of the post
      B2S_SetUp  — 
      ScreenRes.txt FILE
      For the following 12 lines see here for more info  — http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=136
      3840 <– Playfield X resolution (width) Usually the same setting as windows
      2160 <– Playfield Y resolution (height) Usually the same setting as windows
      1920 <– Backglass X resolution (width) Usually the same setting as windows
      1080 <– Backglass Y resolution(height) Usually the same setting as windows
      1  <—- Set this line to number 1 — For back glass location  —  See Note (1) Below
      3840  <–X Pos Offset for the backglass Set this line to the width of your playfield monitor  Left / Right — For back glass location  —  See Note (1) Below
      0 <——-Y Pos offset for the backglass on the selected display (normally left at 0) Up / Down
      1920      3 screen setup      0 <– 2 screen and real DMD Set to  0)  (Width)
      480        3 screen setup      0 <– 2 screen and real DMD Set to  0)  (Height)
      1920      3 screen setup       0 <– 2 screen & real DMD Set to  0)  X position  (Left / Right) Relative to the upper left corner of the backglass Same next line
      90        3 screen setup       0 <– 2 screen Set to  0real DMD just put the number 1)  Y position (Up / Down)   See Note (2) Below
      0          Y-FLIP (LED Display)
      4090     Playfield width PLUS 250 is a good value to start with — 4×3 Back Glass Feature – If you’re not interesting, Don’t need to add it See Note (1)
      0           Small button Feature  http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2869-b2s-server-new-feature-aspect-ratio/?tab=comments#comment-32736
      1420     Frame image is included with this back glass —  https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12778
      1080    Any Backglass that has the small button clicked, Will follow these settings
      C:\path\Frame                    The path to the location where you have the frame image
      How the Small button works:  (Repeat this for every Table You want to use a Smaller back glass on)
      Start your table as normally, Right click OR click on the backglass screen, press “S” on your keyboard to get the settings dialog.
      Click the “Small” button. Click Save Settings.
      Restart your table.

Note (1) Instead of hoping windows picks the right screen continuously, By using this setting it will use location
      The small button option works differently when using location for the BackGlass, Normally you would put 250

(Older) Other way    2 <– Display number for the backglass monitor – Try 1 – 15 if needed
      (Older) Other way    0 <– offset for the backglass on the selected display (normally left at 0)

Note
      (2) For real DMD If extra image is on the back glass Right back glass turn off B2S DMD

B2S New  <- Examples 3 screen setup -> 20200326_21480920200326_21454520200326_21471220200326_21513420200326_215032DSC00938

The Latest Backglass Server ( Backglass Server 1.3.0.4 )  — https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553
      Right click a back glass to find out what version you have
      More info — https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41903#entry424768

Separate ScreenRes.txt file
      If you are running the Latest backglass server, You can make a copy of your ScreenRes.txt file and change the extension to res and call it the same name as the game
      Then in that res file make changes for that table..
      If your back glass is doing this then set the width to 1918 — zbnm7gypdko88pps40cl7kjx36c9w944

If you get a DMD that looks similar to this then go in the Table script and change hidden = 0 to hidden =1 – also see more info

Bad dmd

More Info – Also includes Setting up a default DMD (Like Attack from Mars) location for all tables
      How to install DirectB2s backglasses:    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=136

B2S Backglass Designer v1.2     https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40927&p=414013
      B2S_Debug Tool    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4297-b2s-debug/

Playfield monitor should be on the left with additional monitors to the right and best to have them align with the top of the Playfield monitor- Example Below
      Everything works more correct when all screens are set at 100% scaling in windows

To start the back glass with Older Games including early VPX and VP9   https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32383&p=318484

Freezy & Color Rom setup — https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmd-question/#post-115676

Visual Pinball & Future Pinball setup — https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=4982#entry330264

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by outhere.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by outhere.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by outhere.
      8 users thanked author for this post.
      GuruChoc
      Participant
        @guruchoc

About to run 3 monitors but 4 connectors plugged in to my video card. Playfield, backglass, virtual DMD for streaming a DMD because I can’t stream a PIN2DMD, and the final one to watch my twitch chat while I stream, should be fun to setup.

G

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

You can stream a pin2dmd via freezy.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          outhere
            @outhere

When you say streaming what exactly are you referring to

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

You’ve all seen the config where freezy has a url to an external address ? That is a server – so, in order do do that – he is streaming it. What is required on the server end I don’t know. What I’ve done though was to have a tournament with beers here at home. Then opened the port to freezy’ – ( the other option – don’t remember wording right now ), then fired up vlc on a laptop I had in the living room where most beers where consumed while the guys that where up – was in my hallway playing. A lot of fun I should add.

Looked it up : browserstream]

GuruChoc
              Participant
                @guruchoc

You can stream a pin2dmd via freezy.

How ? I just plugged another cable into my backglass monitor and windows 10 saw that as another monitor plugged into my PC, just moved the virtual DMD onto that, set it all up in OBS and it works great.

G

GuruChoc
                Participant
                  @guruchoc

When you say streaming what exactly are you referring to

I stream my league play on Twitch. Because I have a PIN2DMD and it can’t output to anything (that I am aware of) no-one could see the DMD on twitch. So I put another lead into my backglass monitor and that gave me another monitor in windows 10, added that to my OBS output and away we go, everyone can see the DMD now.

G

GuruChoc
                  Participant
                    @guruchoc

You’ve all seen the config where freezy has a url to an external address ? That is a server – so, in order do do that – he is streaming it. What is required on the server end I don’t know. What I’ve done though was to have a tournament with beers here at home. Then opened the port to freezy’ – ( the other option – don’t remember wording right now ), then fired up vlc on a laptop I had in the living room where most beers where consumed while the guys that where up – was in my hallway playing. A lot of fun I should add.

Looked it up : browserstream]

nah, that didn’t work really well at all. See my replies to my other post on how to do it, easy as to do once I discovered the solution on an non pinball site.

G

G

Diguelo
                    Participant
                      @diguelo

Thanks for all this great information and very well presented.

Silver ball go that way, as eyes went this way, GAME OVER !!

Chriss4198
                      Participant
                        @chriss4198

About to install my 3rd monitor to my existing set up of 2 monitors and 1 pindmdv3. 3rd will obviously be topper. Perhaps any instructions for this type of setup in terms of Topper integration? Thanks all as always!

outhere
                          @outhere

About to install my 3rd monitor to my existing set up of 2 monitors and 1 pindmdv3. 3rd will obviously be topper. Perhaps any instructions for this type of setup in terms of Topper integration? Thanks all as always!

Make sure you located the 3rd LCD to the Far right of the Playfield in windows, Then have the front end use it as a topper

Chriss4198
                          Participant
                            @chriss4198

Got it up and running and calibrated the resolution in Windows. Odd thing though is it’s correct and centered until I play one table, close into pinup then it reverts to off center and cut off. Any ideas? Thanks!

Diguelo
                            Participant
                              @diguelo

Do you run pinup with Administrator rights?

Not doing so it may have the write to disk blocked if its installed on the main PC drive C:

Silver ball go that way, as eyes went this way, GAME OVER !!

Chriss4198
                              Participant
                                @chriss4198

Alas no luck. Reverts back to this…

outhere
                                  @outhere

Or try this
                                  DPI Scaling

KrakenByte
                                  Participant
                                    @krakenbyte

Hi,

SUCESSFULL! After a few experiments, I’ve achieved 3 screens working like they must be. B-)

In my case, the key was the B2S SERVER configuration, “B2S_SetUp.exe”, or in last term, “ScreenRes.txt”.

Many people with three screeens use settings pointed to one screen only: “DISPLAY 1” and all coordenates are refered to this one. Because, in theory, this settings are to prevent Windows to assign automaticaly wrong display number to the screeens. I used this settings and they were working fine in my system with the 3 screens with any other B2S. But they didn’t work with B2S made for DMD frames (like “Tom & Jerry” and the other examples mentioned above):

KrakenByte Kraken B2S_SetUp DISPLAY 1

How is it working in my system (Windows 10, 20H2, 19042.630)?

The only difference with the essential info of the initial @outhere post was that I had to go to a more classical approach and set B2S to use the backglass in the second monitor: “DISPLAY 2” (and, of course, set the right coordenates refered to it):

KrakenByte Kraken B2S_SetUp DISPLAY 2

Now it is working like a charm and it’s amazing! :yahoo:

Thanks again to everybody involved to bring to us this awesome features to pinball emulation. :good:

Cheers and remember: Release the Kraken! ?

KrakenByte Kraken

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?