Avatar (PuP-Pack, VPX, BG, No Topper)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/avatar-pup-pack-vpx-bg-no-topper/

Avatar PinUp Player Pack (BackGlass Only)

System:  Visual Pinball Player (version 10.4+)

All Video, Media and Artwork by Xkane47
      PuP-Pack Editor & PuPCapture files by Nailbuster
      Fan trailer by Imakefilmtrailers (youtube)

Video preview:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LCykrJ1whc

Requirements:

PinUP Player v1.30 or greater

VPX:  Designed to work with Avatar mod 1.12

ROM:  Designed to work with “avr_200”.  May work with other versions.

DMD Colors:  R=255 G=88 B=32

Installation:

Ensure there are no files in your PUPVideosavr_200 folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack (avr_200) folder into your PUPVideos folder.

(example: C:Visual PinballTablesPinUpPlayerPUPVideosavr_200).

Background Videos:

Backglass:  Enabled by default

Topper   :  Disabled

(note background settings are configurable by using PinUPPackEditor.exe)

Installation Notes:

The Backglass has a default setting to enable a looping Background Backglass video.  You can remove your existing Avatar.directb2s file as it is not needed. (and won’t be seen while using this PuP-Pack)

This PuP-Pack is designed for people without Toppers.  There is a different PuP-Pack available for users with Toppers.  To ensure this PuP-Pack show videos properly you must ensure your “Other 1” screen in PinUp Player Displays is configured to match same size/location as your standard BackGlass.

This PuP-Pack does not require a modded Visual Pinball table to work.  No table script modifications are required.  It should work with any Avatar vpx table that uses rom avr_200.  Tested with Avatar table mod 1.12.

Troubleshooting:

Visit:

http://vpinball.com/forums/forum/visual-pinball-forums/pinup-player-interactive-video-plugin/

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Requirements: PinUP Player v1.20 or greater

Download link ?

senseless
        Participant
          @senseless

Love to see this baby in action. Downloaded the latest beta of the player but running the table does not trigger the player. Tests confirm everything is working. Am I missing anything? Tried with avr_200 rom.

PS Tron PuP version works fine.

doogie
          Participant
            @doogie

Perfect, another Future Pinball table removed from my cab, thanks!

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

You’ve done a great job with this.  I know while we are playing the player can’t always see the back glass as we are so focused on the gameplay si I had my wife test it out so that I could see it and job superbly executed sir!  One thing that immediately impressed me was the level of polish to everything, well done!  Best compliment I can give you is my wife, who is rarely impressed with anything visual pinball related said “Wow” a couple of times. High praise!

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

Love to see this baby in action. Downloaded the latest beta of the player but running the table does not trigger the player. Tests confirm everything is working. Am I missing anything? Tried with avr_200 rom. PS Tron PuP version works fine.

Ensure you’re using the new release:  http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinup-player-new-version-1-2-released/

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Matt Bini
                Participant
                  @mattbini

Great Stuff, Thanks Very much! :good:

Matt Bini
                  Participant
                    @mattbini

Love to see this baby in action. Downloaded the latest beta of the player but running the table does not trigger the player. Tests confirm everything is working. Am I missing anything? Tried with avr_200 rom. PS Tron PuP version works fine.

Hi Sensless, I had this hicup too, I didnt have the up to date dmd files from freezy you need the latest version of them too, I think there is a link in one of the readme files. I also found that the new pinup install reset my dmd position and the config file in my syswow64 needed deleting as there was a new duplicate one made in vpinmame. Hope this info helps get you back on track. It is worth it for such a great addition to the table. :good:

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

Great work @Nailbuster, @MisterKai and @TerryRed. This avatar is just gorgeous, and Tron is not far behind either.  B-)

I’m not sure I’ll install it to my cab just yet though. I probably should invest in a extra hard-drive and GPU first. But, thank you for showing the way for the rest of us !

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

thanks…. don’t forget….Avatar looks this gorgeous because of all the artwork and graphic work by xkane47!!!  He did a great job!

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

:thumbs up to xkane47!

TerryRed
                            @terryred
                            MemberContributorModerator

Looks beautiful. Job well done to both xKane47 and NailBuster!

Makes me want to do the FP version now.

jbg4208
                            Participant
                              @jbg4208

For some reason I cannot get this to work. Having he same problem as Senseless. Though tron will not work either. Table plays fine just no videos. I have the 1.6 version of Freezys dll and dmdext all in the VpinMAME folder. Removed the color rom check. Pinupplayer installed via the latest installer, screens setup while installing. Videos downloaded and placed in the c:\Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUpPlayer\PUPVideos\avr_200. Attached the puplog.txt if anyone needs to see it.

I’ve missed something somewhere.  Anyone have any ideas?  :wacko:   :scratch:

Attachments:
                              TerryRed
                                @terryred

For some reason I cannot get this to work. Having he same problem as Senseless. Though tron will not work either. Table plays fine just no videos. I have the 1.6 version of Freezys dll and dmdext all in the VpinMAME folder. Removed the color rom check. Pinupplayer installed via the latest installer, screens setup while installing. Videos downloaded and placed in the c:\Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUpPlayer\PUPVideos\avr_200. Attached the puplog.txt if anyone needs to see it. I’ve missed something somewhere. Anyone have any ideas? :wacko: :scratch:

Are you guys installing PuP AFTER you have installed dmdext 1.6?  (That’s what you need to do)

PuP installs a newer updated 1.6 dmddevice.dll (made for pupcapture) to VPinMAME and replaces Freezy’s original 1.6 dmddevice.dll.

Make sure there are no dmdext files anywhere except for VPinMame.  (not in syswow64,system32,etc)

You need to have “use external dll” enabled for this table’s settings in VPinMame for PuPCapture to work.

Make sure your DMD colour in PinMAME settings for this rom avr_200 are the default orange.  (for Tron is the blue settings I noted)

Are you running this table from your Tables directory? If not then that can possibly cause PuP to not run (B2S issues).

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Oh. I’m sorry. I screwed up the names. Of course I wanted to mention xkane47 !!! :yes:   I love especially the “standard” DMD. :good:

jbg4208
                                  Participant
                                    @jbg4208

Are you guys installing PuP AFTER you have installed dmdext 1.6? (That’s what you need to do) PuP installs a newer updated 1.6 dmddevice.dll (made for pupcapture) to VPinMAME and replaces Freezy’s original 1.6 dmddevice.dll.  – Yes, Installed freezy’s 1.6 first.

Make sure there are no dmdext files anywhere except for VPinMame. (not in syswow64,system32,etc) – There are none, Have check multiple time and also did a system search. Only dmdext that is found is in Pinmame folder and the backup in pupbackup.

You need to have “use external dll” enabled for this table’s settings in VPinMame for PuPCapture to work. Make sure your DMD colour in PinMAME settings for this rom avr_200 are the default orange. (for Tron is the blue settings I noted) – Yes doing this also. 

Are you running this table from your Tables directory? If not then that can possibly cause PuP to not run (B2S issues). – from vpinball. clicking file and open.

Also have the PUPcapture folder with pics of the dmd in it.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Are you guys installing PuP AFTER you have installed dmdext 1.6? (That’s what you need to do) PuP installs a newer updated 1.6 dmddevice.dll (made for pupcapture) to VPinMAME and replaces Freezy’s original 1.6 dmddevice.dll. – Yes, Installed freezy’s 1.6 first. Make sure there are no dmdext files anywhere except for VPinMame. (not in syswow64,system32,etc) – There are non, Have check multiple time and also did a system search. Only dmdext that is found is in Pinmame folder and the backup in pupbackup. You need to have “use external dll” enabled for this table’s settings in VPinMame for PuPCapture to work. Make sure your DMD colour in PinMAME settings for this rom avr_200 are the default orange. (for Tron is the blue settings I noted) – Yes doing this also. Are you running this table from your Tables directory? If not then that can possibly cause PuP to not run (B2S issues). – from vpinball. clicking file and open.

Do you have your PuP tables in “Visual Pinball \ Tables”?   I ask because I find that PuPCapture videos won’t work unless I run my PuP tables from “Visual Pinball \ Tables” (where my B2S server and its settings files are). The table needs to be in the same directory of B2S server settings files. (normally in your VPX Tables folder). Not in a sub folder of Tables,etc…

jbg4208
                                      Participant
                                        @jbg4208

Do you have your PuP tables in “Visual Pinball \ Tables”? I ask because I find that PuPCapture videos won’t work unless I run my PuP tables from “Visual Pinball \ Tables” (where my B2S server and its settings files are). The table needs to be in the same directory of B2S server settings files. (normally in your VPX Tables folder). Not in a sub folder of Tables,etc…

Yep sure do. Here is a question about the installer though. It asks for the location of the b2s plugin folder. Defaulted to vpinball\tables. Is that correct?

jbg4208
                                        Participant
                                          @jbg4208

Got it figured out from another thread, needed to activate plugins on my b2s settings.  Working great now! Must have over looked that in the readme.

Johngreve
                                          Participant
                                            @johngreve

Silly question…..where can I find this table Avatar Mod 1.12? I have only been able to find 1.05 over at VPU. I understand that this pack requires the avr200 ROM which the table 1.05 uses so perhaps that table will work as well?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?