Barb Wire (Gottlieb 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Aurel
    Participant
      @aurel

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/barb-wire-gottlieb-1996/

Side notes :
      I’m very happy to share this update 1.5 because for the first time this table should be truly playable.
      Until now the way the BigFatso moved in all the previous versions was wrong enough to kill the game’s rules.
      To be clear it plays and looks now far better than expected when I started to rebuild this table :)
      But don’t expect to get one of the prettiest vpx tables: the ressources available for this pinball are very limited and not very good. Also I don’t have enough skill to do something really better than that.
      – BigFatso would need to be modelized in 3D to look better and to allow a small transparency without having borders (it still looks slightly better using 4xSSAA)
      – The “Contact Lens” toy is missing but I still don’t really understand how this toy works (useless btw)
      – The sounds (mostly collisions) need to be improved.

—————————————————————————

I wanted first to make a mod of the previous vpx version of this table but I finally rebuilt it from scratch.
      So this is a “new” VPX version…
      But nothing would be possible without the previous versions made.

This is my first try… To rebuilt this table I took many parts directly from the previous versions made (mostly from the last Bigus version).

I did a lot of work to redraw many arts of this because there is nearly no real scans available. So I did the same as the previous autors and tried to take the best from the few pictures available on the net…

Thanks to the previous autors (I won’t be able to do anything without their work)
      – Destruk and TAB for the VP9 version
      – Rascal for the VPX conversion
      – Bigus for the MOD and the VPX version

Total of 47 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      World of VPX
      Participant
        @pincade

Very nice, but i dont get any table sounds, flippers etc… anybody else had this?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Addestratore
        Participant
          @addestratore

AWESOME! the last version was almost unplayable… well it is playable but you wanted to do with your eyes closed so the pain would stop.

Aurel
          Participant
            @aurel

Very nice, but i dont get any table sounds, flippers etc… anybody else had this?

I just notice the issue too…  :cry:

I worked with the sound very low lol

I will check but in fact I would need help from the magicians here to polish it even more :good:

A primitive of the lens tube would be nice! for example!

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Quickfix for the samples being low, of course – best solution, replace them. Or change line 13 to a even lower value. 50 ? 10 ?

Aurel
              Participant
                @aurel

I think it’s not the case. This should be a script issue.

I have probably done a mistake when merging the script from the other version.

I just checked and it was working very well before I merge the script.

I will check but if someone find something feel free to share :)

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Well. My opinion on the subject is that samples for a table should be recorded at a high sound level. Why ? Because it is quite easy to lower the volume, the other way around, not as much. The example table included in vpx does such a mistake.

Aurel
                  Participant
                    @aurel

Ok I found the issue: some samples are not named correctly in the script…

For example “FlipperDown” should be “fx_FlipperDown” ^^’

I will update soon :)

Edit : 0.9a version released with sound issue fixed :)

Enjoy !

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Aurel.
                    Rajo Joey
                    Participant
                      @joey2001

Thanks for the table. Best version till now.

But the metal ramps have the wrong height. You see it only in VR. They lie flat on top of each other. ;-)

Here is a little video I made:

https://mega.nz/file/0B00WaCJ#9M0sLwzuV3d11QVPet8E4ksnt2sxszNwARHs_OZhih0

Maybe you can correct it in another update.

Aurel
                      Participant
                        @aurel

But the metal ramps have the wrong height. You see it only in VR. They lie flat on top of each other. ;-)

Here is a little video I made:

https://mega.nz/file/0B00WaCJ#9M0sLwzuV3d11QVPet8E4ksnt2sxszNwARHs_OZhih0

Maybe you can correct it in another update.

Ecxellent! But it  should be VPinball bug I think, because I used 4wires metal ramps and it shouldn’t render like that.

digable
                        Participant
                          @digable

My buddy has this table, so let me know if you want any specific pictures from it.   He probably would not let me pop out the playfield, but anything else is most likely a yes.

Aurel
                          Participant
                            @aurel

My buddy has this table, so let me know if you want any specific pictures from it. He probably would not let me pop out the playfield, but anything else is most likely a yes.

That would be awesome!! Thanks!

In fact a real scan of all these plastics would be awesome (because mines are only taken and redrawn from not good enough pictures…) :

Also some good shots of the playfield would be nice, and the “uper-right” zone is nearly unknown so some pictures about this area would be nice!! :)

Thanks!!

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Remember, no flash – make the room lit evenly if you don’t take anything apart.

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

If you can’t remove the plastics for scanning, then take pics from directly above them (90 degree angle) at highest resolution possible and in lossless format also if possible.   Good luck with your quest Sir Digable

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Loafer.
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Thanks for the update !

Matteo
                                  Participant
                                    @matteo

Thank’s :)

m.

Manolo / ICE
                                    Participant
                                      @kamerik

Thanks for this update. Plays nice. I got 2,340,284,190 point on my first play.

I noticed the ball gets stuck under the upperleft flipper. But thats no biggie.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Manolo / ICE.
                                      Aurel
                                      Participant
                                        @aurel

An update is coming

I made the wire ramps again and they are now accurate and it should fix your issue in VR :)

Some problems have been found :

– Fatso moves don’t work as expected: at this time the first skillshot can’t be achieved for example (It shouldn’t work neither in previous releases of this table)

– One playfield light (L50) wasn’t linked and didn’t work.

– The plunger disapeared after autolaunches

– A playfield flasher was missing

– The bumper light wasn’t liked and didn’t work as expected in the previous versions of this table (and don’t work at all in my previous ones).

I finally found the full technical manual and all the problems above should be fixed in the upcoming release along with many visual improvements.

sheltemke
                                        Participant
                                          @sheltemke

An update is coming

I made the wire ramps again and they are now accurate and it should fix your issue in VR :)

Some problems have been found :

– Fatso moves don’t work as expected: at this time the first skillshot can’t be achieved for example (It shouldn’t work neither in previous releases of this table)

– One playfield light (L50) wasn’t linked and didn’t work.

– The plunger disapeared after autolaunches

– A playfield flasher was missing

– The bumper light wasn’t liked and didn’t work as expected in the previous versions of this table (and don’t work at all in my previous ones).

I finally found the full technical manual and all the problems above should be fixed in the upcoming release along with many visual improvements.

Great news! I always felt this pinball didnt get enough attention in the past. Thx for polishing it, waiting to see the visual improvements :)

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Happy to hear that you have been able to figure out how the machine should actually play. That is a big thumbs up from me. :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?