Batman 66 VPX question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TXT11
    Participant
      @txt11

Hi all,

Over at one of the other sites (not sure if we can name them here)…….. But the website has the word ‘universe’ in it…… There is a quick upload of a Batman 66 that runs without a ROM.  I notice it is a desktop table and has the DMD’s for scoring on the playfield screen.  Easy enough to change coordinates to make it look like a FS version, but does anyone know if the DMD’s could be moved to a 2nd screen as there is a good static backglass available ???? :good:

TT..

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

@txt11 We link to vpuniverse at top of page under external links. You can link to the site here :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

@txt11 We link to vpuniverse at top of page under external links. You can link to the site here :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

TXT11
          Participant
            @txt11

Any comments or suggestions ???

Daryl
            Participant
              @allknowing2012

Hi all, Over at one of the other sites (not sure if we can name them here)…….. But the website has the word ‘universe’ in it…… There is a quick upload of a Batman 66 that runs without a ROM. I notice it is a desktop table and has the DMD’s for scoring on the playfield screen. Easy enough to change coordinates to make it look like a FS version, but does anyone know if the DMD’s could be moved to a 2nd screen as there is a good static backglass available ???? :good: TT..

No, this table is not much more than an image and some blinking lights. The DMD is simply a reel on the VP backglass with some flashing images. No scoring or anything.

(The DMD is done with the older reels similar to what JP does with his Slimer table)

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

Hot fucking garbage, that’s what it and every other table released by that nincompoop is.

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                CarnyPriest
                Participant
                  @carnypriest

It would not be so bad if he did not hype it as a finished product rather than what it is, the first 2% of the work required to call it a recreation. That is his modus operandi, put out a version of a table and say, “Ok, I put it out there. It’s free to mod, guys!” In other words, “I put an hour into this. Now you finish it for me. Be sure to give me credit. You’re welcome!” It would have been fairer to the public if he had said these are WIP that I may or may not finish. Host them on his own site (he has one now. I’m not tempted to visit.) or Dropbox or Mega or whatever. He took what amounts to a massive dump in the VPU table downloads section. Not just Batman but at least a couple dozen others.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  freneticamnesic
                    @freneticamnesic
                    vipModeratorMember

He’s putting them here under another name occasionally

Punch it!

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

Not much that can be done if the prevailing notion is that every contribution has at least “some” value. You can either ignore it or give it the one star rating to forewarn others. Seems like when he was more into FP that he was involved with a lot of vengeance one star reviews on pinsimdb.org to the point where they had to clean out the rating system. I think he was in a battle with Tii about who was the worst or something.

:negative:

TXT11
                      Participant
                        @txt11

Agree with everything you guys have said B-) , but the scoring does at least seem to work and some of the sound samples and the TV show’s soundtrack sound good.  My son is really into Batman and just loves looking at all the various incarnations….. :bye:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?