BatmanTAS

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    dunriwikan45
    Participant
      @dunriwikan45

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/batmantas/

This is my 2nd original table. I took what I learned from the first table and really added more items. Batman TAS is one of my favorite cartoons growing up, so I tried to capture as much as possible to bring back the nostalgia. Many thanks to John Memeo for testing and pushing me through 6 months of design and coding. I don’t have a coding background, so between self teaching and Scott Wickberg’s help with the Framework  and answering questions, I was able to power through. I hope you enjoy. The surprises and don’t forget that Batman and Robin can save you in the outer lanes.

Looking forward to pushing myself further

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Can’t wait to try it out! Excited to see that you scripted this and that it isn’t a retheme of a previous game. Great job!

Always wanted to redo the art on Stern’s Dark Knight table w/ Batman TAS art. Bruce Timm is the greatest!

Joey Beaulieu
        Participant
          @godisnothere

At first when I saw this table I thought It looked odd with the almost cartoony looking long straight ramps. But don’t let it fool ya… This table and the puppack is loaded with fun and great playability. Great imagination went into the game rules of this one. And the theme is abselutly to love of course. I grew up running home from schoool to catch the new episodes of this anime series. Great work man! Hope to see more form you in the future! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: B-)

The Overlayer Slayer

nickbuol
          Participant
            @nickbuol

Thanks for working this (and SupermanTAS) up.  They are simple compared to other tables, but still look sleek and fun, and I certainly don’t have the skills to do this.  Downloading the PupPacks now and going to give them a whirl.  Nice job!

nickbuol
            Participant
              @nickbuol

Gave it a whirl.  I agree with the other post that this is more fun that it might look from the outset.  Give it a shot!

Once question, in this and SupermanTAS, when the ball drains down the left outlane, it stops for a second and then continues to roll down the angled part towards the “drain.”  Is that an expected behavior?

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

neat.   one thing that should be implement is the video-media skip function if both flippers are pressed.

some of the media plays for a while too long,  good for first time but better if have the option to skip (especially with drain).  you can see how Scotty does it on his tables for code example.

blackvulcan3
                Participant
                  @blackvulcan3

Thanks dunriwikan45, very much appreciate the effort that has gone into this. Thanks for the quick response on FB too.

elvinu
                  Participant
                    @elvinu

Thanks dunriwikan45!  Looks and sounds great.

I’m a single screen user and unfortunately, I’m having problems keeping the backglass and topper videos on top of the playfield.  My usual tricks of editing the pup files and adjusting the bat file doesn’t seem to be doing the trick.

Looks like there’s something that continually puts focus back on the table so the videos keep getting hidden.

I’ll keep trying and I’ll post whatever works for me if I can get it to work.

BeachBumTN
                    Participant
                      @beachbumtn

I am having a similar problem as elvinu mentioned above but using a 2 screen setup (playfield on one, backglass/DMD on the other) .  The DMD is sometimes visible and then hides behind the backglass “frame” where I then only see portions of it.  It cycles back and forth between visible and hidden. The same occurs on Superman.  If I do figure out a way to keep it on top I may have to try moving it to bottom of the playfield so it does not cover that gorgeous backglass.  I think it looks amazing!   I am jealous of you guys with 3 screen setups!  I plan to start my cabinet build this month and was going to only do 2 screens but may need to rethink.

Zedixair
                      Participant
                        @zedixair

Your 2 puppack files (Batman and Superman) are no longer available because of the limitations of Google Drive, and I can’t download them  : it would be nice to have them in direct download on this site (as the tables) , for instance in the “table puppack” section…

dunriwikan45
                        Participant
                          @dunriwikan45

If Batman, Robin, Superman or super girl are lit in the outer lanes. Then you can save the ball

dunriwikan45
                          Participant
                            @dunriwikan45

I posted 2 new links because of the limitations

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            ginox
                            Participant
                              @ginox

SALVE PROBLEMA  ERRORE LINE 4833 IL COMPONENTE ACTIVEX NON PUO’CREARE L’OGETTO PUP DMDCONTROL.DM

ginox
                              Participant
                                @ginox

batmanbattt

HELP AIUTO

Zedixair
                                Participant
                                  @zedixair

I posted 2 new links because of the limitations

Thanks for the new link. :good: Now downloading, will try your tables tomorrow.

force10wind
                                  Participant
                                    @force10wind

Awesome!

timblo
                                    Participant
                                      @timblo

I have a Script Error

Line 4835

the object does not support these properties or methods

PUPDMDObject.DMDPupMirror

stampante
                                      Participant
                                        @stampante

no links to pup packs for batmantas and supermantas.

Zedixair
                                        Participant
                                          @zedixair

For 2-screen setup users : if like me you have issues with the DMD hidden 95% of the time by the overlay frame, you can solve this by making a transparent window in the pupoverlay image. Do it at the exact position and size of the DMD, and it’ll be fine.

It’s the only solution I found, because whatever settings I’v tried in the puppack editor, nothing was working.

EDIT: I noticed another issue. I use PinballX as a frontend, and the puppack+DMD don’t close when you quit the table. Of course, same issue with Superman, and no problem at all with all my others puppacks (more than 25). What should I add in the script to complety close this puppack when I quit the table ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          dunriwikan45
                                          Participant
                                            @dunriwikan45

Here are the newest links for the puppacks. They somehow got deleted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h13M7pQTwNsSLdEZYhMOxLj0KMG8rJbj/view

http://ftp.memeotech.com:8080/Pinball/TASTables.zip

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?