Cactus Canyon VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    lonchaney
    Participant
      @lonchaney

Just wanted to share with you my idea since I just tested it and it works perfectly. I am on Win10, a 2 monitors + pindmd3 set up, and I use the dmdext mirror option on CCC. If you want to see only ONE dmd, so hide the ultradmd which is on your backglass (didn’t work for me to put it under the playfield), you can just buy this cheap hdmi (or a dp) dummy plug to  make windows believe there is a 3rd monitor. In the windows displays panel, put it just under the 2nd screen.
      Then you will just have  to change your Y axis in the user_settings.yaml and the same in the cmd file you created for PinballX. And tadam!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XT1Z9TF

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Looks like a nice idea – Going to try with CCC

With pindmd3 the only way you can get it to show ultradmd games is by mirroring?

So it’s not like Pin2DMD – Ultradmd talks straight to Pin2DMD

lonchaney
        Participant
          @lonchaney

Nope, I do not have to mirror anything on the other ultradmd tables. Only on CCC.

outhere
            @outhere

I guess I didn’t understand why you are referencing ultradmd when CCC is not an ultradmd game

lonchaney
            Participant
              @lonchaney

Oh, my mistake, I thought it was also ultradmd. So I meant this P-Roc thing. :P

outhere
                @outhere

On CCC when you mirror the DMD do you lose a lot of the Brightness, Clarity?

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

I just setup dmdext and at first i didnt have the virtualdmd sized properly and my real dmd looked awful but i resized virtual to the settings in docs from freezy and its very nice now. works great on fx2/3 tables too and i thought i would never need dmdext but indeed there is a need after all :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

outhere
                    @outhere

FX3 works great

Pinball FX2 settings
                    Width: 1040
                    Height: 272
                    This is what I get when I use this line – Looks terrible and does not fill out the full pin2dmd
                    start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror -s pinballfx2 -d pin2dmd –pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

20190428_202944

If I use this line it fills out the pin2DMD but still looks terrible
                    start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=screen –position=3950 35 1040 272 -d pin2dmd –pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

93B306D5-92BE-479A-ADF2-85E50CF78F5D

I have pindmd2 and looks perfect. Strange! Fx3 and fx2.

dmdext mirror -d pindmdv2 –source=pinballfx2 –no-virtual -q true

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Outhere i did have to set dmd size in fx2 menu im sure you did that?

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

outhere
                          @outhere

Pinball FX2 settings
                          Width: 1040
                          Height: 272

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

wasnt there some sort of utility to set dmd config for fx2 too? cant remember what it was called maybe was from the pinball bulb guy same guy that did setdmd i think

for IOS and Android

outhere
                              @outhere

Just wanted to share with you my idea since I just tested it and it works perfectly. I am on Win10, a 2 monitors + pindmd3 set up, and I use the dmdext mirror option on CCC. If you want to see only ONE dmd, so hide the ultradmd which is on your backglass (didn’t work for me to put it under the playfield), you can just buy this cheap hdmi (or a dp) dummy plug to  make windows believe there is a 3rd monitor. In the windows displays panel, put it just under the 2nd screen.
                              Then you will just have  to change your Y axis in the user_settings.yaml and the same in the cmd file you created for PinballX. And tadam!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XT1Z9TF

@lonchaney
                              – Thanks for the idea that thing works Like a champ

outhere
                                @outhere

wasnt there some sort of utility to set dmd config for fx2 too? cant remember what it was called maybe was from the pinball bulb guy same guy that did setdmd i think

Not that I know of

And for CCC no matter what virtualdmd I use it looks terrible Even if I reproduce it to another LCD

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

@bruce here is program… not sure if it will help but cant hurt run and setup dmd size then save the config file in pfx2 folder over write the old one

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                                  outhere
                                    @outhere

@bruce here is program… not sure if it will help but cant hurt run and setup dmd size then save the config file in pfx2 folder over write the old one

Attachments:

Thanks

lonchaney
                                    Participant
                                      @lonchaney

Glad to read that @bruce . :) About CCC mirroring, with these settings in user_settings.yaml, my DMD looks perfect :

Ball Search Bart Strength: 40, Balls Per Game: 3, Color Display Dot Style: ROUND,
                                        Color Display Pixel Size: 4, Color Display X Offset: 2150, Color Display Y Offset: 850,

My cmd file :

@echo off
                                      start dmdext.exe mirror –source screen –position 2150 850 512 128 –no-virtual

coreduo0099
                                      Participant
                                        @coreduo0099

FYI. For my 4 monitor rig using Virtual DMD on a 720p display I use..

DMD Std Size: 1360×320 @ 3840×140 (Pinball FX2 FX3)

Display pixels/size is flawless at this resolution

bschaberg21
                                        Participant
                                          @bschaberg21

I’m having some issues running the PROC version of Cactus Canyon Continued. The table will load but most of the time I can’t start the game. The ball doesn’t release into the trough. Sometimes I can start a game but when the ball drains or goes into the mine lock it never comes back into play. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It’s an awesome table.

BSchaberg21

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

Any antivirus software running – like defender ?

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 334 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?