Cactus Jacks (Gottlieb 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Bob Albright
    Participant
      @bobalbright

Thanks BD!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Mark70
      Participant
        @mark70

Great! Thanks a lot to everyone involved!

Watacaractr
        Participant
          @watacaractr

It’s never looked better. Thanks Dan and everyone that helped! :yahoo:

arconovum
          Participant
            @nicholaschristopher

thx BD , BD, B, D and RB.. I think I got you all! :wacko:

Arngrim
            Participant
              @arngrim

Thanks Borg and everybody that contributed to this table, there is so much history on that table with no good version, so happy to be able to play it right now :)

one could you make the rails, yellow sides hideable via script, or with evaluation of the showdt boolean?

this could be less authentic, but it renders much better on my cab, so the real side of my pincab is the only side of the table, this is how it looks with just the playfield

Untitled

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog

Thanks Borg and everybody that contributed to this table, there is so much history on that table with no good version, so happy to be able to play it right now :)

one could you make the rails, yellow sides hideable via script, or with evaluation of the showdt boolean?

this could be less authentic, but it renders much better on my cab, so the real side of my pincab is the only side of the table, this is how it looks with just the playfield

Untitled

should be easy enough to script in, I’ll add it to the list for a future update

edit:  well maybe not so easy as the cabinet sides are part of the same primitive as the lane walls as you can see those are missing from your image.  I’ll have to bust those apart for that to work.

naeromagus
                Participant
                  @naeromagus

All i can say is Wow!! When i woke up this morning and saw the notification i had to do a Double-take. I really never thought that i would see this table come to light. especially with this team of VP greats. Thank you . This is one that i will most certainly not have had a chance to play if not for vp. Thanks once again for adding to my addiction @Bodydump, @dark, @bord, @rothbauerw, @BorgDog :heart:

Ben Logan2
                  Participant
                    @benlogan2

Great lighting.

BrandonLaw
                    Participant
                      @brandonlaw

Man, I don’t keep too many Gottlieb tables as I came into the game late, and getting roms can be a tumultuous task, but I have to say, this table is fantastic.  It’s so bizzare, it makes me laugh and having Super Mario also, I hear the same voice which makes me laugh harder.  Such a fun table and not having the previous iteration, I am reading this is a fantastic refresher.  Thanks for this all who were involved!  Diggin’ it!

:good:

"Fuck this game. I love it."

"Fuck this game. I love it."

ashleyb
                      Participant
                        @ashleyb

This table is incredible, thanks @borgdog and to everyone else involved in creating this.  Love it!

yrplace18
                        Participant
                          @yrplace18

Where did you find the backglass ? The game plays great but mine comes up with the Cactus Canyon BG and a very plain DMD…..

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog

Where did you find the backglass ? The game plays great but mine comes up with the Cactus Canyon BG and a very plain DMD…..

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4230-cactus-jacks-gottlieb-1991/?tab=details

robertms
                            Participant
                              @mophead

one could you make the rails, yellow sides hideable via script, or with evaluation of the showdt boolean? this could be less authentic, but it renders much better on my cab, so the real side of my pincab is the only side of the table, this is how it looks with just the playfield

Hey @arngrim, I also typically hide sidewalls on my cab, but these yellow ones really complement this game nicely. Try my POV on for size, I think you’ll be pleased with the outcome (just hide the siderails manually on layer 1). Thanks @borgdog for yet another flawless recreation, love the lighting, physics and smooth animations, perfect!

Cactus Jack's POV

Arngrim
                              Participant
                                @arngrim

one could you make the rails, yellow sides hideable via script, or with evaluation of the showdt boolean? this could be less authentic, but it renders much better on my cab, so the real side of my pincab is the only side of the table, this is how it looks with just the playfield

Hey @arngrim, I also typically hide sidewalls on my cab, but these yellow ones really complement this game nicely. Try my POV on for size, I think you’ll be pleased with the outcome (just hide the siderails manually on layer 1). Thanks @borgdog for yet another flawless recreation, love the lighting, physics and smooth animations, perfect!

Cactus Jack's POV

@robertms, I tried your pov on my cab and it is excellent enough, i even don’t need to hide the rails, really like it, thanks :)

Arngrim
                                Participant
                                  @arngrim

about the dof config, i’m not a big fan of the cactus dance to the contactors, they are occupied enough with the rest of the playfield, like that i found it more annoying.

I tested shaker effect instead, S10|S11|S12 m300 I28 in shaker assignment, and removed S10, S11, S12 from the contactor toys, I like it better

What do you think, can I publish? :)

outhere
                                    @outhere

I agree the solenoids are quite busy with the dancing cactus
                                    Let’s try the shaker idea
                                    It would appear all that solenoid action is normal… I just watched the TNT amusement video

Does anybody know if the real game the solenoids are firing that much?
                                    When you 1st start the game the solenoids fire quite a bit or if the ball goes in the top hole they fire a lot
                                    I just wonder if that’s normal or if something in the game is not shutting them down

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

About POV. I used the one provided in the upload. Will see if the above is even better or not. But, what I did notice was that the way the table is built. Having the sidewalls visible just adds to the field of depth in a way I’ve seldom if ever seen before. Great stuff ! :good:

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog

I’ve only played the real one at a pinball show so it was loud and I couldn’t hear very well so didn’t really notice, but there is definitely a lot of firing going on.

vogliadicane
                                        Participant
                                          @vogliadicane

I agree with arngrim, the cactus solenoids are actually too much; much too much. I silenced them. For an acoustic feedback I’d suggest the bumper sounds, pitched up a bit.

Arngrim
                                          Participant
                                            @arngrim

ok, shaker effect implemented, you can grab new ini files :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?