Cactus Jacks (Gottlieb 1991)

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    yrplace0817
    Participant
      @yrplace0817

Played two games in a row where the ball got “lost” by the right pop bumper and I was forced to quit the game and restart it. Anyone else had the same issue ?

And is there a mod that implements a save ball script or a way to change it to 5 ball ?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Changing the number of balls is something you can do in the rom, not in the table script. https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&cat=8

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Thanks for the great update to this Unique game

:yahoo: @BorgDog, @bodydump, @dark, @bord, @rothbauerw :good:

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

That TNT video was my main resource/reference for the animations for the cactus.

Although the primitive animation feature in VP has been used else where it’s been used quite minimally, so it’s nice to see something that really show cases the feature.

I feel better about hounding fuzzel to add this feature now.  :P

3dcreation

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Such a fun table.

sheltemke
              Participant
                @sheltemke

Between the maraton playfields jobs in photoshop i played some with this at weekend.

Man what a masterpiece! Totally awesome table. One of my new favourites.

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

Sometimes we play a real pin in a poor situation. For example I’ve played the real Cactus Jack previously and it did nothing for me, wasn’t impressed.  It’s a long time ago but I think because of the arcade setting, I couldn’t hear all the audio callouts or the music very well. Throw in a poorly maintained pin where the flippers suck and you get the negative opinion on the pin that is often unearned.

A couple of days ago I got a chance to download and try this on the pincab.  Well, because of the previous negative opinion, I’m completely floored, FLOORED at the quality of this release and in turn of the pin itself.  It’s really FUN to play!   The attention to detail on everything is just top notch, yes those cacti animations are incredible but so is everything else and the physics are excellent too!  Well done @borgdog, @bodydump, @dark, @bord, @rothbauerw .  I can’t thank you guys enough.

In a way, this is a prime example of not judging a pin (virtual or real) too harshly.  Especially when it comes to a real pin, the maintenance of it (or lack thereof) can have such an impact on the opinion we form.  It’s to the testament of this team of virtual creators that a real pin now is held in higher esteem.

Thanks for the release!  I know being a Gottlieb, or maybe a similar situation to my own will lead a lot of people to see the thread title and just “meh” it, but you owe it to yourself and to the hard work of these authors to bloody try this release.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Spot on observations @theloafer  this table along with so many other recent releases have taken VP to the next level.  Playing the version that had been available never made me feel it would be something I would like but LOVE this table now.

‘Hearing a game’ – I have a buddy who’s very active in the Portland pinball community and was skeptical when he heard I was building a VP.  He finally got to try it a few months ago (unfortunately it was in it’s early stages) but what did very much impress him was being able to hear the tables.  He had been playing a freshly restored Fathom a a bunch.  I sparked up vogliadicane’s amazing LED version and I got a “Damn!  That is nice!!  And I can hear it!!  I didn’t know what it sounded like!!”  Pretty cool what you awesome developers are bringing to life.

Mark70
                    Participant
                      @mark70

Finally had the chance to play this gem, and wow, it looks and plays fantastic!
                      Thanks a lot again to all involved!

gavb73
                      Participant
                        @gavb73

Great to see a new updated vpx version of this table. Thanks again BorgDog

Dutchman
                        Participant
                          @dutchguy

Thanks for this nice table! :good:

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?