Can I use 6 exciters?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    portyman
    Participant
      @portyman

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I bought three 2.1 amps and 6 exciters. In addition to the 2 in the front and rear, can I put the other 2 in the center for a total of 6.   Thanks</p>

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

First. I’m not expert at this. I would however say – why not. You obviously would have to use those extra exciters for something else than pinpointing the sound location. Use peace to send bass signals to. Honestly though. You should have bought 4 and 2 exciters that are built to “knock” from bass signals. Don’t remember what they are called right now. Only within this last month was SSFImpactor made. I’ve been waiting for someone the do a write up on it here in the forums instead of it being only discussed on FB.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

As Thalamus eludes to, placing two in the middle may impact on the surround sound positioning if used for anything but bass.

You could try running them off the .1 sub output of the two SSF amps and see how much vibe they add, but this would have to be done in consideration with any audio subs that you may or may not want to run.  SSF is very flexible and quite good results can be achieved in a number of different ways.

For instance, you may chose to run those two extra exciters off the front SSF amp’s .1 and place them beside the flippers along with the other regular range exciters, then add an audio sub for balance down the back.  This is a very similar setup to my cab (until I swapped out for bass shakers a few days ago) and the result was pretty darn good.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?