Caveman (Gottlieb 1982)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    DarthMarino
    Participant
      @darthmarino

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/caveman-gottlieb-1982/

This is a mod to rascal’s recent VPX conversion of Caveman.  It started as a reskin with better graphics but I ended up replacing and reworking many of the elements. Thanks to rascal for permission to upload this version.

Mod features:

-Complete overhaul of the graphics and playfield lights.

-Added sounds such as ball rolling, wall hits, etc.

-Reworked Vari-Targets with correct scoring and functional WOW lights.

-Updated targets, posts, rubbers, etc.

-New desktop background with all functional lights.

-Slight physics tweaks.

13 users thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you @darthmarino and @rascal.

Pinbolt
        Participant
          @pinbolt

Thank you guys.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Wow i would say improved looks for sure. ODD ODD table but thanks for improving it! thanks to rascal too.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

psst. @wildman shared some plastics for this table over at VPU.

rascal
              Participant
                @rascal
                MemberContributor

Looks slightly better then mine. April Fools! It looks much better then mine!!! Very nice job on this.  :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                DarthMarino
                Participant
                  @darthmarino

psst. @wildman shared some plastics for this table over at VPU.

Yeah, he just sent me his picture collection for it.  I may extract a few things for a future update.  I will definitely do an update at some point.  I missed a few things in this release (no knocker sound and one of the lights in desktop mode is wrong).

DarthMarino
                  Participant
                    @darthmarino

Looks slightly better then mine. April Fools! It looks much better then mine!!! Very nice job on this. :good:

Thank you.  I actually fell for your April fools joke for about 0.2 seconds so you are the only person who got me today! Anyway, thanks again for doing the VPX conversion.

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria
                      MemberContributor

Now that’s a Special Surprise for me, thanks DM and rascal too … i really love Caveman,
                      yes, i also love Granny and Pacman – whatever, i love it B-)

Maybe one reason, because i have a Joystick Set on my Cab

VONSENSEY
                      Participant
                        @vonsensey

Thanks for this table, it’s quite different from the other calssic tables ! Just 2 things I’d like to know : flipper left/right allow to play video mode (PacMan Like) left and right, but what about up and down ? Also is it possible to put the video game playfield on the table instead of on the DMD ? (3 screens set up) ? Thanks for replies !

DarthMarino
                        Participant
                          @darthmarino

Thanks for this table, it’s quite different from the other calssic tables ! Just 2 things I’d like to know : flipper left/right allow to play video mode (PacMan Like) left and right, but what about up and down ? Also is it possible to put the video game playfield on the table instead of on the DMD ? (3 screens set up) ? Thanks for replies !

You can change the key settings to whatever you want in the code.  You’ll see the section near the start with the KeyUp and KeyDown assignments. Change the number value of the key to LeftFlipperKey, RightFlipperKey, LeftMagnaSave or RightMagnaSave. Change it in both sections. I don’t have a multiscreen setup so maybe someone else can help with that. It’s certainly intended to be seen on the main screen and I recommend sliding it up so the score is cut off like I did in the photo.

DarthMarino
                          Participant
                            @darthmarino

Now that’s a Special Surprise for me, thanks DM and rascal too … i really love Caveman,

yes, i also love Granny and Pacman – whatever, i love it B-)

Maybe one reason, because i have a Joystick Set on my Cab

I have thought about a possible VPX version of Granny and the Gators. I helped work on Baby Pac-Man and now this so maybe it’s in my destiny.  I did some touching up of the VP9 version a few years back but nothing substantial enough to warrant an upload. There’s not a lot of great pictures out there, unfortunately.

cyberpez
                            Participant
                              @cyberpez

I took some caveman pics a while back.  Maybe they would be of use?  They are mostly of the plastics.  I had/have intentions to redraw them, just won’t happen anytime soon.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cWL5bz2Xm2XdcYoi7

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update. This odd table is getting better and better.

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

DarthMarino
                                Participant
                                  @darthmarino

Hopefully the emulation can be improved one day.  It’s certainly fun once you understand how to play it properly.

lazzlo
                                  Participant
                                    @lazzlo

Thanks for the awesome upgrade of Caveman.

If you are gonna make a VPX version of Granny… I can send you a redraw I did of the backglass to use for the desktop and a b2s for the fullscreen version. I made a b2s for the fullscreen VP9 version but the lights are just static, but looks much nicer than what was available. Maybe you or one of the b2s creators could make it proper. Anyway, let me know if you want it and where to send it. :good:

DarthMarino
                                    Participant
                                      @darthmarino

Thanks for the awesome upgrade of Caveman.

If you are gonna make a VPX version of Granny… I can send you a redraw I did of the backglass to use for the desktop and a b2s for the fullscreen version. I made a b2s for the fullscreen VP9 version but the lights are just static, but looks much nicer than what was available. Maybe you or one of the b2s creators could make it proper. Anyway, let me know if you want it and where to send it. :good:

Sure, send it over. I just came across a decent picture of the backglass but I didn’t do any work on it.  I run a desktop so I’ve never made a backglass.  I think I uploaded one that someone helped me with.

What I really need is better pictures of the plastics. The play field on the latest full screen release looks pretty decent.

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

Thanks for the Update, thank you Wildman and cyberpez :good:

lazzlo, sounds good, also thanks to you – DarthMarino, if you Need help for the B2S, just tell me … :mail:

At the Moment, i use the really nice BG from Wildman: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3634-caveman-gottlieb-1982/

DarthMarino
                                        Participant
                                          @darthmarino

I finished the plastics which I was dreading.

GrannyPlastics

casimir
                                          Participant
                                            @casimir8740

Sorry for my english, I use google translation: I was really happy to have this table which was 13 years (I have 50) my favorite table.
                                            I made a keyboard hack with an amiga controller to be able to find the sensations I had.
                                            It works not too bad, despite I think (or I’m slower) a small slowdown in the response of the controller.
                                            However something bothers me: if I put two players, the game does not reset between the two players: is it possible to do it?

Thank you very much for this table.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?