Comet (Williams 1985) [Bord]

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    giovanni1966
    Participant
      @giovanni1966

Thanks for the nice table.

I had a ball hanger at the transition of the right ramp from the metal part to the black plastic part with the 3 holes.

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks for the nice table.

I had a ball hanger at the transition of the right ramp from the metal part to the black plastic part with the 3 holes.

@giovanni1966
        , would you download 1.2a and test it again? I put a safeguard in so the ball wouldn’t get hung up there.

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

Nice, will try this out this evening, thanks Bord

Sad to hear @armyaviation/Tom, that sucks and hope things bounce back soon.

ItchyRobot
          Participant
            @itchyrobot

Awesome man! Thanks for keeping your tables updated

Scotty VH
              @scottt
              ModeratorMember

Just reading this, Tom.  Hang in there buddy.

Bald Eagle
              Participant
                @baldeagle

Nice table. Thanks! :good:

KiwiBri
                Participant
                  @kiwibri

Great table,   thank you very much @Bord.

One thing though, with my plunger pulled all the way , and let go , I can’t get the ball to go up and over the orange spiral ramp. ?

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

I bought this table a couple months ago and fixed it up and turned around and sold it for $600 profit.  Fun table but man those plastic ramps were a nightmare.  They are always broken and expensive to replace.  Love the indestructible ramps @bord

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

And my corkscrew was black.  It was a replacement that was made a few years ago

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

That corkscrew ramp was one of the first things I ever modeled in Blender. A true trial by fire. It’s a wonder it looks like anything.

$600. Nice flip on this game. Always thought I’d like to own one for a while. My favorite of the carnival trilogy by a narrow margin.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

@kiwibri : The plunger is something you might want to adjust from pin to pin. There is several different hardware solutions out there and they don’t work exactly the same so it is kind of impossible to release a table where you nail the setup for everyone. It is a easy fix though. Open table – Cntrl+Shift+E, scroll down to plunger. Make sure that options is turned on, you should be able to adjust the strength to the plungers properties. There is even a wiki page that go into more details about the plunger. https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/plunger-adjustments/

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

‘That corkscrew ramp was one of the first things I ever modeled in Blender’    That’s intriguing to read.  I love how it looks but also have the same query as @kiwibri – I’ve watched game-play video and it seems vague as to whether a full plunger shot should flow up and through the ramp every time.  But it seems like it should.  Experiences @armyaviation ?    and about that lower left…jk

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

I really like the table and it was an experience to play but it’s one of those tables that you cringe everyone you hit one of the ramps because one shot and a broken ramp could cost you $150.  My buddy @ronr, was saying the same thing about his escape from the lost world.  He said he was so scared to play it hard because the ramps were so fragile.  With my corkscrew, I took it off and flipped it upside down and painted it with a coat or two of clear plastic 2 part epoxy.  When it dried it was glass smooth and tripled the thickness of the ramp.  It turned out amazing.

I have come to one conclusion these days, I get really bored playing the same table over and over.  I don’t have the space now to own multiple tables so I am hesitant to buy a real pin unless I really want it or can flip it for a profit.  I can say that my DE Simpsons has been a real pleasure to play.

as for gameplay, if I remember correctly it was very easy to make it completely through the corkscrew on a full plunge.  It was definitely a lot more challenging to get back through it from the bottom.  As for that peg on the lower left @jfr1, if you look in the manual there were multiple places where the pegs had 3 different holes for liberal or conservative game play.  That was one where you could move the peg and it would definitely save the ball

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

JR
                                Participant
                                  @jfr1

Bord had shared that diagram with me a bit back.  Interesting stuff.  I had no idea operators could determine the political leanings of their tables :)

KiwiBri
                                  Participant
                                    @kiwibri

@kiwibri : The plunger is something you might want to adjust from pin to pin. There is several different hardware solutions out there and they don’t work exactly the same so it is kind of impossible to release a table where you nail the setup for everyone. It is a easy fix though. Open table – Cntrl+Shift+E, scroll down to plunger. Make sure that options is turned on, you should be able to adjust the strength to the plungers properties. There is even a wiki page that go into more details about the plunger. https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/plunger-adjustments/

thanks, I did play with it but wasnt able to see a significant difference. I dont think it affects game play much though? not like its needed for a skill shot from what I can tell. thanks for the tips.

nestorgian
                                    Participant
                                      @nestorgian

I missed this table, I did not know it, I saw the wildman’s backglass and I got curious, really, here you made contact with blender and today you do what you do
                                      I take my hat off :yes:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      makmak
                                      Participant
                                        @makmak

“Comet” never was one of my favs, but this version looks & plays so damned A+++ , I cant avoid playing it much more than I wanted to, LOL.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?