comet-williams-1985

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fourbanks
    Participant
      @fourbanks

Hi guys

I’ve just downloaded this pinball and plays very well. does it have sound or is it just silent?

thanks

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/comet-williams-1985/#bbpress

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Question for a table is to be asked in the table thread. Sorry. Not going to look at the problem before it is posted properly.

… you need to learn to find back to the table and post it in the table support thread !

fourbanks
        Participant
          @fourbanks

sorry about that. hope I’ve now posted in the correct section

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

It makes Thalamus seem like a hardass but if I were moderating a forum I’d say the same thing. Keeps things tidy and also helps build a knowledge base for that game so other people might diagnose similar problems.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

No, not really. You find the original download table. You then post it in the support thread of the table itself.

First, be very sure to read the previous post on the table. It happens, from time to time that the actual issue is resolved if you do a small change that is mentioned in the support thread already.

Yes, I know, that many of you “new” guys, will be a bit frustrated when you see a fix in the support that you don’t know how to fix. That is just the way it has been and I expect it will be for  a while. The good thing though, is that you kind of force new guys to look at the editor, forcing them to try to understand how it works. And hopefully – in the long run, someone. Just like me, become very addicted to changing stuff up. Not saying that what I do is always perfect, but, at least I know my way around. I can now make most of the changes needed without asking.

The more people we get that has knowledge of the software, the better the community is going to be going forward. Let’s face it, the documentation isn’t perferct, but, this is open source and anyone adding info is a good thing. Guides/Solutions and  whatever is spread all over the place. So, yes, hard to be a new guy.

I now just did something I don’t normally do. Blocked a re-post and are forcing you to find the original table thread. It has nothing to do with you personally. It is just to make a point on how things should be done to help us all in the long run.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              fourbanks
              Participant
                @fourbanks

thanks

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

You are very welcome.

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

Although I don’t necessarily agree with everything, your explanation was spot on and showed your purpose was to better both the user and the forums. Thumbs up Thamalus

fourbanks
                    Participant
                      @fourbanks

the problem now solved as the sound rom that I download from

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=comet&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#548

has some sound files missing from the rom hence no sound

the correct sound file can be had here

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=891

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?