Data East

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

it seems like Williams, Bally, Gottlieb, and Stern get all of the pub (well deserved though) when it comes to great pinball manufacturers. Maybe it’s just because Data East made only a fraction of the tables that those other manufacturers did, but they had some really great ones:

Jurassic Park
      Tommy
      Star Wars
      Lethal Weapon 3
      Guns N’ Roses
      Robocop
      Time Machine
      The Simpsons
      Monday Night Football
      King Kong
      Last Action Hero

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Have you seen tommy in vp10? It’s very well done!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Oh Absolutely. Ninuzzu created an incredibly realistic table.

ICPjuggla
            @icpjuggla
            MembervipModerator

Or maybe have you seen Robocop in VPX?

Not really sure where your going with this post but quite a few of the tables you mentioned have already been built..

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Robocop is fantastic.

It actually had less to do with table recreations and more to do with Data East’s reputation.

TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

Ah. And now I see I posted it in the wrong category. Didn’t notice there was a real pinball machine section. :)

TNT2
                Participant
                  @tnt2

Feel free to move this to the appropriate section randr.

ICPjuggla
                    @icpjuggla
                    MembervipModerator

lol

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Sorry for the confusion folks. Nothing to see here.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

So you mean real pinballs? Data east made a few good tables. But I got to say a Williams classic is tough to beat. :)

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

TNT2
                        Participant
                          @tnt2

I agree. Williams was ahead of its time. Just wanted to throw some DE love out there. :)

Ben Logan2
                          Participant
                            @benlogan2

I hear the original intent of your thread, TNT. With so many great titles, it’s surprinsing that Data East isn’t more of a household name in pinball. They deserve more cred!

Phil Docker
                            Participant
                              @dock

In my years as a professional pinball repairer I used to never look forward to data east games.

The bally/williams dmd era games are very well built – the only weakness is the high power on the DMD board.

However on data east boards the main CPU board is actually quite good.  But the ‘power driver’ and ‘power’ board suffers from terrible connection problems.  They were never made to last more than a few years – but then again – most games had a ‘3 year’ life before the operators sold them on!

The flipper control board is rubbish, and the only board I never had an issue with was the DMD controller board.

If anyone asks me what pinball to buy used I would direct them to a bally/williams WPC/WPC95 game, or a newer stern.

I think if you buy a data east – it is a bit like buying a classic car (you spend more time nursing it than enjoying it!)

I do enjoy playing Tommy on VPX along with a few other data east titles – as the games themselves are pretty decent games.  Guns n roses is a great game too.   However – both of those on VP9/VPX I would encourage people to use the alternative sounds!

Anyhow – my two cents…..

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Yes alternative sounds would be needed after a week or so! Lol so true

for IOS and Android

RYSr (Rich)
                                Participant
                                  @rysr

it seems like Williams, Bally, Gottlieb, and Stern get all of the pub (well deserved though) when it comes to great pinball manufacturers. Maybe it’s just because Data East made only a fraction of the tables that those other manufacturers did, but they had some really great ones: Jurassic Park Tommy Star Wars Lethal Weapon 3 Guns N’ Roses Robocop Time Machine The Simpsons Monday Night Football King Kong Last Action Hero

add Star Trek 25th anniversary to the list, I have one and people love it when the play my pins.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?