DOF stopped working

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Kauerinke
    Participant
      @kauerinke

Hello Guys,

Since 2 days ago my DOF stopped working when I’m inside Pinup System. All my Addressable lights use to flash when I move between games as well the SSF.

But now just the SSF (surround sound feedback) is working…

In the games the DOF and Doflinx works perfect… just inside Pinup System I have this new problem (DOF is activated in the script)…

Someone have any idea about what could be the problem?!

Thanks in Advance!!!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I know you had to edit the config file manually to enable dof for popper. Is that still the case?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

did you happen to change pinupmenu.exe to run as admin?  try switching from admin/non-admin…see if that changes things.

Kauerinke
          Participant
            @kauerinke

I have eddited PopMenuScript –  var useDOF = true;

Was working before but just stopped…

Kauerinke
            Participant
              @kauerinke

You right!!! I followed some recomendation to change the pinupmenu.exe to run as admin…

And now I removed run as admin and the DOF is working again… :yahoo:

Thank you very much NailBuster!!!

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

cool.. see if you everything else is working ok still… most people do run pinupmenu.exe as admin, but on some systems DOF is installed ‘strangely’ and DOF doesn’t work as admin.

good news is that on the FB pinup group,  someone found the solution by removing the DOF comobject registry entry and re-registering the DOF com object.

sniiki
                Participant
                  @sniiki

+1 for the non-admin mode. Fixed it for me too, thanks! BUT… then VPX can’t be run as admin either because it’ll jam in Windows’ permission control window (normally I run VPX and PUP menu through task to avoid this) and don’t know if that causes other problems or not.

Dunno about strange DOF install tho, I’m a strange guy but think I installed it in normal way :)

YoGoUrT
                  Participant
                    @yogourt

Hi, I have that DOF problem too and I tried to remove and register back DirectOutput without any luck.  Still the same thing: it works when run as non-admin and stop working when run as admin.  Any new solutions since October 2018 ? :)

NailBuster
                      @nailbuster
                      ModeratorMember

@YoGoUrT  there’s no 100% solution to fix your DOF install (admin mode).

The last person that I seen had it,  he installed/ uninstalled DOF R3++ a few times and the DOF started working in admin…

he had no idea what he did…it just started working in admin

depending on what you use, you can have everything run as non-admin.  but i think FP needs to run stuff as admin.

Jwosi
                      Participant
                        @jwosi

I have the issue when set as admin DOF stops working. If I run non admin, DOF works. However, i then get an sql error. Disable UAC doesn’t help either.

DOF works in popperdoctor.

Any ideas?

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

And the error says ?

Jwosi
                          Participant
                            @jwosi

I will recreate the error as soon as I can. Something like sql access violation.

Thanks

Everly
                            Participant
                              @everly

Recently started having this issue myself.  DOF worked my addressable LED strips while I was in the Popper Menu.  I decided to make a custom back glass video that would display when I am in Popper.  I also made one for my Real DMD.  Initially it seemed to work but today I’m noticing the BG video displays fine, but my DMD doesn’t display anything.  At the same time I noticed I no longer have my addressable LED strips running while in Popper Menu, but they do work while in a VPX table.

I’ve run Popper Doctor and I can’t get anything to display on my real DMD and DOF doesn’t seem to respond to any commands.

When I try to Stop DMD I get an error message saying “The RPC server is unavailable”

I’ve tried running as Admin and Non-Admin but no change.

newtopinball78
                              Participant
                                @newtopinball78

I just posted something related to this yesterday.  This happened when I updated to windows 1903.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/windows-1903-pinup-popper-issue/

Everly
                                Participant
                                  @everly

I got the DMD to display the video I made, although I’m not 100% certain what I did.  I think I had to copy the dmddevice.dll file into the pinup file structure.  I am pretty sure I had to do that before so I don’t know how it reverted back to the one that wouldn’t work.

I still can’t get DOF to work within the menu.  Popper Doctor says DOF Started and DOF after Init in the log but nothing happens when I send commands.  That is with PopperDOF selected.  If I use DirectDOF I get a COMobject failure.  I went into the registry and deleted the key and then re-registered using the Com object registry exe file but no change.  DOF is working on all of the table correctly, just not in Pinup Menu.

dinodino
                                  Participant
                                    @dinodino

Hi Everly/All,

Did you ever get DOF to work within PinUpMenu?  What you describe in your last post on Oct 3rd, 2019 is EXACTLY what is happening for me now.  DOF used to work great in the menu and when playing tables, now it’s not working in the menu. I have no idea why. I can see that PinUpDOF starts in task manager when I start PinUpMenu, but there are no lights within the menu. Tried all the suggestions in this thread but no luck (admin/no admin, unregister with regedit/reregister, disabled defender, etc.)

If there are any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated… I’ve already spent more time trying to troubleshoot this then I care to admit and I’m pulling what’s left of my hair out at this point!

Thanks in advance!

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

I read this on Facebook try re-registering pinup popper player  — PinUPPopperRegister.bat
                                      Also re-registering the B2S server in the tables folder  —  B2SBackglassServerRegisterApp.exe
                                      Right click the file run as administrator

newtopinball78
                                      Participant
                                        @newtopinball78

Hey the thing that got it working for me was I had to turn off UAC in windows and also turn off in the registry. Then a recent windows update caused the issue again and also stopped my doflinx from working.  I deleted the updates and working again.  Other people seem to have no issues with updates so not sure why it is happening.

dinodino
                                        Participant
                                          @dinodino

@bruce Thanks for the reply… I had already done that, but tried again just to be sure and no go.

@newtopinball78
                                          Thanks for the reply… I already have UAC disabled (just verified in Windows and in registry)  Do you happen to recall exactly which updates you needed to rollback?  I’m running Windows 7, BTW.

Thanks again to you both for your feedback.

newtopinball78
                                          Participant
                                            @newtopinball78

Hey I am running Windows 10…I’m stumped if you have tried everything in this thread already maybe check if there was a windows update prior to this issue arising?  I’ve learned it’s always a good idea to make regular backups in this hobby.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?