Dutch vpinballer says hi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Attaball
    Participant
      @jaronsenna

Heya!

Just thought, I’d drop a line here. I am a dutch (v)pinball fan and I built my first full size pincab back in ’12 and loved it! Then sold it to make room for a tiny human. Moved house, bought the machine back enjoyed it again. But, a few weeks ago the pc died and the machine had seen a rough time while in someone else’s possession. Maintenance was a pain, since I used a slotted-in 46″ playfield screen and could only access the internal from the rear of the cab. So, since I too am spending a lot more time at home, decided to go full-bore and build myself a new cab. One that is easier to maintain/extend.

Cut the plywood over the weekend, now gathering parts. I will probably start a build thread later.

Anyway, great to find this site and read up on what has changed since I built my first cab 8 years ago (can’t believe it has been that long).

ps. if any fellow dutchman here has any experience with a printing service for cabinet artwork, please let me know as I’d rather avoid high shipping costs when ordering abroad…

Mike DA Spike
      Participant
        @mikedaspike

I’m from the Netherlands too, but could not find a local print shop.

I let my design created by Stuzza and let it print at Retrorefurb. They shipped it and I received the package without damage.

The print (left and right playfield, left and roght backglass, coindoor and DMD/grill was including shipment 165 euro (3 years ago)

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Attaball
        Participant
          @jaronsenna

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply. 165 is actually a pretty good deal I think. I’ll get in touch with them to ask for a current price.

Flupper
          Participant
            @philippe

I ordered it in 2015 from: http://www.deurposter-online.nl/ and on the right of the site there is an option: “laat een deurposter maken van een foto”. I asked them what the best resolution is and that is 360dpi. I uploaded all my artwork in one big lossless compressed TIFF. The file was 321Mb at 360dpi, measuring 265cm x 93cm, including both side, front and two backbox images. I opted for these settings:
            Laminaat: glans
            Lijmlaag: verwijderbaar

I paid 52 euro’s for this in 2015 and my cabinet looks the same as it did when I built it (no fading, nothing). I applied the decal without any bubbles together with my brother like in this video:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/install-decals-dry-video-this-is-how-i-do-them

You can see images in my build thread: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32911&hl=

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@jaronsenna hello and welcome!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Mike DA Spike
              Participant
                @mikedaspike

Nice one @Flupper !

I didn’t dare to go for such a sticker, but looks like it worked out pretty good for you.

I needed to use a hotair gun to put it on my cabinet

Heres my lifetime story :

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/22347-home-made-virtual-pinball-cabinet/

Attaball
                Participant
                  @jaronsenna

Wow, nice builds guys! (And btw, awesome work on TOTAN @philippe, love it!) I guess, I’ll get in touch with deurposter-online.nl to see whats possible now..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?