F-14 Tomcat (Ultimate Pro) – PinEvent

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

I just did a fresh install of everything on new PC, still getting the stuck ball (using on desktop)

Actually, I remember long ago seeing that happen on SLAM’s table as well. I haven’t seen it happen ever since though after updating BAM numerous times. I can’t recreate it no matter what I do today.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Friffy1
      Participant
        @friffy1

So, updating my PinEvent fixed my Guru.

BUT!  The table loads, I get a lovely Backglass, and a lovely Full DMD video playing.  I hear music, then a launch sound, and then the table straight up crashes and FP closes.  PinUpPlayer keeps running the videos, but FP just totally bails.

Any ideas?

coreduo0099
        Participant
          @coreduo0099

@terryred,

Thank you for another awesome table.  Amazing great new technologies with the aprons and lighting effects.

Then I read the guide again and had to try out all the “special” modes.  So cool.  I was rolling with happy laughter with the after burner arcade mode.

AMAZING!

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

BUT! The table loads, I get a lovely Backglass, and a lovely Full DMD video playing. I hear music, then a launch sound, and then the table straight up crashes and FP closes. PinUpPlayer keeps running the videos, but FP just totally bails.
            Any ideas?

Check this – See STEP 7:    Editor Settings. VERY IMPORTANT!
            https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/future-pinball-and-bam-mega-guide-by-terryred/

TerryRed
              @terryred

BUT! The table loads, I get a lovely Backglass, and a lovely Full DMD video playing. I hear music, then a launch sound, and then the table straight up crashes and FP closes. PinUpPlayer keeps running the videos, but FP just totally bails.

Any ideas?

Disable the pup and DOF options and see if the table plays normal to see if it’s a pup problem, dof problem, pinevent problem, or a FP problem. Be sure to have the FP backglass disabled when using Pinevent tables with pup-packs.

charlieshakur
              Participant
                @charlieshakur

This is a beauty had a prob at start had not updated my bam an pinevent files but after that all was perfect seen i need to download the new files for the other tables if aliens is anything as good as this i cant bloody wait :good:

Friffy1
                Participant
                  @friffy1

Any ideas?

Disable the pup and DOF options and see if the table plays normal to see if it’s a pup problem, dof problem, pinevent problem, or a FP problem. Be sure to have the FP backglass disabled when using Pinevent tables with pup-packs.

Well, now I’m baffled.

Disabling PUP allows me to play the table.  With PUP enbaled, I get as far as getting the backglass and the full DMD showing “SLAMTILT AND TERRYRED PRESET” and then the sound stutters for a sec, and then FP crashes out, leaving PUPPlayer and PUPDisplay running and the videos continue to play.

I don’t get it.  No issue with PUP videos with other Ultimate Pro tables or VPX tables.  Just this one.  I’d think it’d have something to do with my screens.pup, but I checked it and it looks fine.  And the videos for this table appear on the correct screens before the whole thing dies.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Any ideas?

Well, now I’m baffled.

Disabling PUP allows me to play the table. With PUP enbaled, I get as far as getting the backglass and the full DMD showing “SLAMTILT AND TERRYRED PRESET” and then the sound stutters for a sec, and then FP crashes out, leaving PUPPlayer and PUPDisplay running and the videos continue to play.

I don’t get it. No issue with PUP videos with other Ultimate Pro tables or VPX tables. Just this one. I’d think it’d have something to do with my screens.pup, but I checked it and it looks fine. And the videos for this table appear on the correct screens before the whole thing dies.

Did you try disabling PUP Stream?

You can’t Stream from pup displays that are shown on a monitor / dummy plug monitor that is connected to a motherboard / usb based gpu. It can cause a crash.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    cj138
                    Participant
                      @cj138

Just wanted to mention, if anyone is experiencing difficulty with DOF not being detected, Windows Defender was the culprit for me. I had to add my Future Pinball folder to the excluded list and that solved the issue.  Hopefully this may help someone else out.

Thanks for the awesome table!

Cj

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

@cj138 Good info but you should have that disabled for visual pinball too or it can cause micro stutter or other crazy stuff.

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Yes, like randr says…. Defender is considered to be a problem for virtual pinball stuff. Its because it can cause issues with VPX, some FP tables, and anything vbs based.

Thanks for mentioning it here, as some people still may not realize this. Note, for stuttering to not be an issue for many people… Defender needs to be disabled as exceptions aren’t good enough.

Wanderer189
                          Participant
                            @wanderer189

I just did a fresh install of everything on new PC, still getting the stuck ball (using on desktop)

Actually, I remember long ago seeing that happen on SLAM’s table as well. I haven’t seen it happen ever since though after updating BAM numerous times. I can’t recreate it no matter what I do today.

Appreciate the reply

Nothing Yet

Friffy1
                            Participant
                              @friffy1

I hadn’t.  But that was it!  Thanks!  Frankly, it’s shocking how well each set of videos matches gameplay!  That had to be some job!

Now any advice on increasing performance?  Apparently my machine can’t handle this table.  Ball movement is… less than smooth.  Which is a little surprising since I replaced the video card a few months ago with an 8GB Radeon Rx 590.  (Obviously not the highest-end card on the planet, but should stack up pretty nicely, I’d think.)

TerryRed
                                @terryred

I hadn’t. But that was it! Thanks! Frankly, it’s shocking how well each set of videos matches gameplay! That had to be some job!

Now any advice on increasing performance? Apparently my machine can’t handle this table. Ball movement is… less than smooth. Which is a little surprising since I replaced the video card a few months ago with an 8GB Radeon Rx 590.

Use the settings I show for FP in my Mega Guide.

Disable Windows Defender

Run in Fullscreen with vsync enabled in FP settings.

Set Frame Limiter to OFF in BAM-Addons menu

joeplainfield
                                Participant
                                  @joeplainfield

This just keeps getting better. Loaded cleanly without the back glass issues I has on Jaws. Of my top 10 tables, 3 are Pinevent.  keep it up guys and thatnks for all the hard work , you’re making FP tables a must download for a platform that has largely been ‘meh’

BazzaLB
                                  Participant
                                    @bazzalb

nvm: Removing the supplied .cfg files then allowed the table to fire up in VR mode :)

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

PinEvent only controls pup and dof. It has no bearing or control over BAM Open VR.

Be sure you installed BAM Open VR into its own folder, no the bam folder ( and with the latest update)… and be sure you are actually running FPLoader.exe from the BAM Open VR folder.

BazzaLB
                                      Participant
                                        @bazzalb

Sorry TerryRed. I edited my post above without realising you had responded. Anyway, I deleted to tables .cfg files and that fixed the non-rendering in VR issue. I have it now working in VR perfectly including PupPacks :)

Thanks for your quick reply though. :)

Edit: Have also now discovered the “stuck ball” when firing new ball that was reported earlier. Its intermittent. Seems to collide with the adjoining rail above sometimes.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Sorry TerryRed. I edited my post above without realising you had responded. Anyway, I deleted to tables .cfg files and that fixed the non-rendering in VR issue. I have it now working in VR perfectly including PupPacks :)

Thanks for your quick reply though. :)

Edit: Have also now discovered the “stuck ball” when firing new ball that was reported earlier. Its intermittent. Seems to collide with the adjoining rail above sometimes.

My guess….. it may happen if FP is not completely closed each time a table is exited…. or maybe if vsync is not enabled (which for some ppl works better in VR)… it may cause odd things like that to happen. I know EM reels will act odd if vsync isn’t enabled sometimes.

BazzaLB
                                          Participant
                                            @bazzalb

Yeah, not sure whats happening with the stuck ball. Its somewhat intermittent although I have yet to complete a full game because of it. Have tried various Vsync combos (In game / Driver / both). Doesn’t sound like many other people have issue so I will keep trying things to see what might be the underlying cause. Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?